• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

windfall | art thread ( ft. gifs & more! )

Omg can I just say that I always adore your art? Whenever you enter any contests, your entry stands out to me because I just love your style and coloring ;_; It reminds me of children story books and it's just so beautiful!

Anyway, just dropping by to say that. I'll be following your tumblr as well. Thank you making these lovely pieces! :D

Everyone's comments are so nice ;o;

I know this thread hasn't been to active, but (insert a million excuses here). I haven't been drawing much, except for my friend's birthday card picture (which I finished earlier in the month, but didn't wanna post anywhere since she follows my tumblr lol)

Someone earlier asked for a tutorial sorta thing, so I tried to explain my thought process here. Plus I also had a bunch of screenshots that I took cause I was asking someone else for their feedback ehehe.

The whole picture was framed around the quote “the best kind of laughter is laughter born of a shared memory.”, and pretty much everything was planned around it.

tumblr_o2vuu6YFsq1sgwpq9o1_1280.png

tumblr_o25prraCWr1sgwpq9o1_500.gif

I don't watch adventure time so i referred to wikis/google images... hopefully I did these characters justice!

tumblr_o25vl5WaPM1sgwpq9o1_1280.png

tumblr link: x

I tried to explain my though process and show pictures whenever possible but I was sorta tired when writing it up, so sorry for any weird spelling mistakes or awkward sentences x)

hope you find it interesting :D

Last edited:
I've been playing fe fates a lot and I rather like Azura's design but I also struggle with drawing people x__x

tumblr_o460teTM2l1sgwpq9o1_1280.jpg

I accidentally coloured on one of the sketch layers so no progress gif this time :p
nOW3rsJ.jpg

also on redbubble!

Last edited:
Oh, I love your Azura! Your painterly style is so cool - and I'm so happy to run into someone using Manga / Clip Studio! It's a very under-appreciated program.

And dadgum, girl, your Good Dinosaur - it made me tear up a little! Thanks for sharing all these, it was nice to go through everything (and your process gifs! I love seeing those)

Omg she looks gorgeous! Your style is beautiful
especially love the way you did her eyes <3

Thank you! :blush:

Oh, I love your Azura! Your painterly style is so cool - and I'm so happy to run into someone using Manga / Clip Studio! It's a very under-appreciated program.

And dadgum, girl, your Good Dinosaur - it made me tear up a little! Thanks for sharing all these, it was nice to go through everything (and your process gifs! I love seeing those)
Oooh, do you use Manga studio? I really only started to use it cause I got a mac and SAI doesn't run on macs without some complicated stuff I couldn't bother figuring out lol. I really like the program though! I don't think I even use a 1/10 of what it's capable of though... ehehe @@

also it's funny that you mention the good Dinosaur picture! x) My mom usually doesn't react to my drawings very much but she really likes that one and it's set up as her wallpaper on her phone! :D

also... on an unrelated note, i decided to do another art auction, which you can bid on in the museum thread! it ends this sunday at 5pm EST :)
(i want to buy some amiibo online.... support me >__> lol)

I saw zootopia on opening day but didn't really have inspiration for a pic until yesterday >___> first time rendering stylized buildings (and i think they look ok???). I originally wanted to incorporate her carrot pen but couldn't really figure out a way to make it work the way I wanted....

tumblr_o4qhiru2Nf1sgwpq9o1_400.gif

tumblr_o4qhiru2Nf1sgwpq9o2_1280.jpg

redbubble link :)

Does anyone still check this thread? kinda lonely just posting and no one commenting :c /whines forever

I've been playing fe fates a bunch (as you can probably tell).
I'm waiting for my copy of bravely second to ship........ughhhhh curse you amazon

tumblr_o5nak7MuBc1sgwpq9o1_500.gif

i tried colouring a bit differently than i normally do. i spent a lot of time on his face and i'm still not that happy with it (but i give up lol). his armour was also a massive pain...

as always, the finished piece is in the spoiler, and it's also on redbubble.

tumblr_o5n8r57Yvq1sgwpq9o2_1280.png

Does anyone still check this thread? kinda lonely just posting and no one commenting :c /whines forever

I'm waiting for my copy of bravely second to ship........ughhhhh curse you amazon

i tried colouring a bit differently than i normally do. i spent a lot of time on his face and i'm still not that happy with it (but i give up lol). his armour was also a massive pain...

EVERYONE IS DRAWING LEO LATELY AND ITS G R E A T
another wonderful piece from you! you paint so beautifully aaaa

i actually like how you end up stylizing his face! though he also reminds me of the little prince lol

one minor point is that he should have 4 fingers on the book instead of three

love the colours as always!!

i actually like how you end up stylizing his face! though he also reminds me of the little prince lol

one minor point is that he should have 4 fingers on the book instead of three

love the colours as always!!

Ahh I want to see the little prince! The stop motion looks excellent! I'm not sure what ended happening to that movie though.... I thought it was suppose to come out in theatres and I guess it fell off my radar...

And thanks for letting me know about the points on his hands!!! Can't believe I goofed that up even though I stared at reference pics for so long x__x I'm not sure if I'll get around to fixing it though orz

Ahh I want to see the little prince! The stop motion looks excellent! I'm not sure what ended happening to that movie though.... I thought it was suppose to come out in theatres and I guess it fell off my radar...

And thanks for letting me know about the points on his hands!!! Can't believe I goofed that up even though I stared at reference pics for so long x__x I'm not sure if I'll get around to fixing it though orz

you absolutely should see the little prince!! i saw it on the plane in a tiny little screen but it was still breath-takingly beautiful! and that stop motion is absolutely the high light of the film (depending on how you see it, it may be a good thing or a bad thing since the film is not a remake of the original the little prince; rather, it frames around it). but it is just gorgeous!! i'm not sure what happened to it in the end either. aside from star wars and maybe zootopia (my sister and i were supposed to go see it but that fell through...) i don't really know what's playing right now...

nah don't worry about the finger, it's just a minor point so just keep that in mind next time and you'll be fine ^^

you absolutely should see the little prince!! i saw it on the plane in a tiny little screen but it was still breath-takingly beautiful! and that stop motion is absolutely the high light of the film (depending on how you see it, it may be a good thing or a bad thing since the film is not a remake of the original the little prince; rather, it frames around it). but it is just gorgeous!! i'm not sure what happened to it in the end either. aside from star wars and maybe zootopia (my sister and i were supposed to go see it but that fell through...) i don't really know what's playing right now...

nah don't worry about the finger, it's just a minor point so just keep that in mind next time and you'll be fine ^^

Oooh nice! I'm glad you enjoyed it, even on a tiny screen! It's neat how planes have such recent movies now! I remember seeing the trailer for it so long ago and I vaguely remember seeing how it's framed around the story of the little prince. I'm really interested in seeing it because of stop motion looks so beautiful! Sadly it's out in like literally one theatre in my area right now though so i dunno if I'll see it in theatres...

You should definitely see Zootopia! I loved it so much! My artbook for the film finally arrived today :D I'm not really sure what's out right now either, but i'm looking forward to the new captain america movie later this month and finding dory in june x)

when i think back on his finger point thing... i should have known he had 4 points cause hands = 4 knuckles xD

Back