• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

With the Dream Mansion being a thing, how will the US version handle censorship?

Schim

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
This is something I have been very curious about.

In past games it wasn't like random people could visit your town, right? (Never done Wifi on City Folk.) You needed to exchange codes and it was pretty secure because you'd at least have some knowledge of the person before hand. So with the ability to visit random players' dreams, how will the US version handle potential problems with profanity and/or vulgar drawings and any other offensive material?

Do you think the US version will be more censored? More limiting? A little kid could potentially go to a town with an offensive name, full of offensive patterns and even crudely spelled words in the flowers or something.

Do you think this issue has also contributed to the length of the localization too?

Will they implement some sort of censorship? Harvest Moon: ANB had one, but it's hard for AI to tell if a drawing is something offensive.

Last edited:
Don't have you to have a dream address to go to a dream town?

I thought the only real random encounters were with the matchup island?

Don't have you to have a dream address to go to a dream town?

I thought the only real random encounters were with the matchup island?

I thought the Dream Mansion, while you could put in a specific address, had the option of going to a random town.

Ah okay. Well that's neat.

But yeah, online interactions aren't rated because they can't control it.
I suppose if you're younger, it's up to your parents to supervise any online play. (like that'd actually happen, loool)

Yes you can go to a completely random town or type in a town name. I think the amount of people that do put excessively vulgar things in their town is very low though..

Parents SHOULD supervise younger children's online play, so they can discuss anything they may find. If they don't supervise, they have no right to complain. It's called being a parent. LOL

Parents SHOULD supervise younger children's online play, so they can discuss anything they may find. If they don't supervise, they have no right to complain. It's called being a parent. LOL

Many people use their electronics as babysitters, though.

Which is by no means the fault or responsibility of the people who make them. But with the various changes the US makes to games that get released here, I was just curious. But I guess online play hardly follows that. I just hope some parent out there doesn't try to take legal action, especially since the game is rated for 7+.

Many people use their electronics as babysitters, though.

Which is by no means the fault or responsibility of the people who make them. But with the various changes the US makes to games that get released here, I was just curious. But I guess online play hardly follows that. I just hope some parent out there doesn't try to take legal action, especially since the game is rated for 7+.
Oh I'm sure some parent will try something like that. There's always that parent.

Oh I'm sure some parent will try something like that. There's always that parent.

Maybe they will make the online warning extra big on the US box. I'm sure they have at least foreseen someone trying.

I completely agree. Too many parents blame their kids for picking up stuff from online games when they are the ones who could have prevented it in the first place.

I don't mean to turn this thread into a "parents and online gaming" thread. Sorry if that's what happens.

Nintendo isn't even worried about it, so you shouldn't either :)

Oh I'm not worried at all. I'm just curious. Though I would be really disappointed if they modified the US version because of the online play.

Am I the only one that noticed that the Dream Mashion lady has big... boobs

lol no but you're probably the first on TBT to mention it.

She does look pretty comical. Not everyone can say, "Man, I saw a tapir with huge boobs the other day."

Oh I'm not worried at all. I'm just curious. Though I would be really disappointed if they modified the US version because of the online play.

Are you kidding?! lol That's only Australia that gets any kind of video game censor! xD

Back