• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

With the Dream Mansion being a thing, how will the US version handle censorship?

I'm an adult and was one when the game first game. I can handle it, but I wish people would keep in mind that children do play these type of games.

I never used the 3DS parental controls. Is there an online control feature?

Oh man, the bronies. I somehow forgot about them.

I would hope you're right. I remember hearing that some news organization claimed Tortimer could be a pedophile playing as a character in order to get close to children. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry at how absurdly inaccurate that story was.

Oh yeah. Because an aging cartoon turtle that does nothing but sleep is obviously on the prowl for children.

The cartoony style of AC is what confuses people unfamiliar with the series. Our characters aren't kids who live in a town full of animals. Your mom sends you mail all the time referencing that you've "grown up so much" etc etc.

I'd like to say the same about pokemon too. People only assume the age of the player character based on the anime.
It never, not once, mentions your age in the main series games of pokemon.

Point being, if people are going to go out and sling accusations they aren't going to care about the facts. So it really is pointless to try and reason it out. Stupid people will be stupid. =/

So very true. To be honest, even when I was a child playing the first animal crossing, I always pictured my character as 18 for one reason or another. Mainly because that's how old I assumed a person had to be to be allowed to live on their own. It'll be even easier to picture this now as the characters won't be as stubby.

I always pictured the animals around similar ages, the youngest being the Peppy and Jock villagers. I pictured them around 16 or 17, the lazy villagers around 18-19 Normal villagers around 19-20, snooty villagers between 21-23 and cranky villagers being 25-29.

Timmy and Tommy are the ones I'd say around around 8-12 years old. Everyone's much bigger than them!

Thankfully all my family's used to me liking cute, kiddy games. Heck, a while after I got my 3DS my grandfather offered to pay for the copy of Petz Fantasy 3D I'd picked out for myself.

Pretty sure that theres a parental control feature on the 3DS to block internet usage...at least if there isn't there should be.

Honestly, parents SHOULD have a good enough relationship with their child where they could see something that they dont understand (something possibly vulgar or whatnot) and come to their parents for an explanation. Thats what parents are supposed to do--nurture and teach their children how to become adults (gradually) with their own life experiences. If these kids are seeing these vulgar things and thinking other things and becoming extremely confused or afraid of these things its only the fault of the environment the child is in, whether it be school or home, that what they see is upsetting them. If they don't like it, go to another town. Simple as that.

Plus, how would nintendo even go about sensoring this if they could? It would probably cost them so much extra money to have moderators to go into towns and look at every nook and cranny of them before they are given the go ahead to be available for others to see online. That would cost them millions that they are not willing to spend, I'm sure.

To the topic of internet controls. I believe if you look in system settings, it's right there.
I'm not sure if it controls In-Game Play though.

Back