• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Work related delay in getting the game D: Sad Panda

Yup. We waited this long. :)

I usually just console myself that we get to see Doctor Who before everyone else. :D

Aww yeah! Love Doctor Who!

Waiting is not my superpower.

Agree with you totally, people are avoiding me at the moment because all I want to talk about is Animal Crossing because I'm so excited/impatient lol

I'm really wary of digital downloads now. They're usually more expensive, and I've had too many issues with servers not being up to the traffic on release day.

That added to the fact that if you have downloaded all your games and you lose the console you've lost the lot. With a cart you've just lost the one that was in the console (admittedly that's highly likely to be New Leaf).

Call me a Luddite but I'm trusting the postman and getting it the old-fashioned way.

My work schedule is crazy and all over the place, so I have no idea if I'll be able to get it on the 9th.

Since I'm downloading, I will get it on time, but I have a baby shower that same day so I won't be able to play for as long as I wanted to :<

I'll be working too. I will probably get the game that morning but I won't be able to play it until 11p+ that night...and that's no fun...

So the night that the game releases in digital format, I will be working at a graduation and therefore not get it early.
Sympathize with me D:

Any one else getting delays in their plans for getting the game, either digital or physical? :confused:

Yes. It's that time of year again, yep that's right, the time of year that i'm morealess forced into performing at a music recital, and it just happens to land on the 9th (ofcourse). So I probably wont get to play it until later that day, assuming gamestop ordered enough copies for those who preordered.

Don't fret! I am going physical so I won't have it till about 11 on Sunday! I mean, I'm still gonna play the hell out of it, but I'm not worried at all!

I have an event already planned for that Sunday that will take the entire day, so unfortunately I won't be able to pick up my preordered physical copy and guide till Monday... Oh well :(

I'll be working on Sunday until 5pm. Won't be home until around 6pm. Thankfully the GameStop where I preordered stays open until 9pm even on Sunday. Preordered my girlfriend the bundle and a physical copy for myself. Can't wait! :)

Mine's coming in the mail from Amazon, so yeah. I'll get it whenever it gets here. I'm hoping Amazon ships it out slightly early so I have to wait less time.

My amazon order will be here on Tuesday, the 11th.
The wait between Sunday And Tuesday will be hard.

I have an exam on the morning of the 15th and 3 during the week. Imagine how hard it's going to be studying for them while new leaf is just around the corner :(

Agree with you totally, people are avoiding me at the moment because all I want to talk about is Animal Crossing because I'm so excited/impatient lol

The only other person at work who plays games (mostly PC games) is starting to avoid eye contact with me.

So I'm not the only one D:
Now my wife is saying I have to wait for her to get the physical copy of the game before I can play :p laaame

Well, I hope everyone gets the game soon and we can all enjoy it together!

Im lucky, as far as I know, I have nothing between me and this game! :D I just need to stay up until midnight to download it, then I wake up in the morning with my game. :) Well... I can get up a little bit early and play for an hour or 2 but then I have to go to church. I might get up at like 7:30 (only 7 and a half hours of sleep keep in mind, really short amount of sleep for me) get ready really fast and enjoy my game until 9 or so when church starts. thats a pretty long time to play, and I might end up stopping before I even go to church because of a lack of stuff to do in the game :( that will be sad... lol But then I have the rest of the day after church which ends around 10:30 and I get home around 10:45

I just got my schedule for next week, and I get off at 4! Yay :D! I'll have plenty of time to get to gamestop.

For me, I'll be getting it either as soon as it releases at midnight or in the morning. Depending if I fall asleep first. I'm gonna put sleep as priority over downloading NL, though.

My boyfriend on the other hand, he has to work on Sundays. :c But he has off on Mondays so he'll be able to play it the next day.

I might have to work on the day of release but I should have plenty of time to play for a few hours beforehand.

Amazon approximated my delivery date on the 15th of June. It's okay! I can tough out the wait a little longer!..No not really this wait time is killing me. D:

Back