• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Welcome to Island Journals

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
In this board you can create your own island journal and profile! Even if you're not interested in blogging about your game progress, your thread here will act as your island's central hub at The Bell Tree. Display your map, talk about your villagers, show your terraforming progress, or anything else you want. It's up to you!

You'll also notice that we have a few fields to help organize and highlight unique details about your island including hemisphere, native fruit, and native flower. We'll be adding more to this in the future! We'll also be adding more features to the board in general.

This is a brand new board here, so please let us know what you think so far.

I think I'll be using it more than I could imagine if I can keep myself motivated throughout all the craziness that's happening right now.

OOOHHH! It's here!! Thank you! Definitely going to start one later.

this idea is so cool!! can't wait to check out everyone's journals!! o/

I like it so far! But i don't like the auto merge being on here because I want to reserve a few posts on the front page of my journal
Speaking of which, how long do we have to wait until we can post in our journals again?

Last edited:
I like it! I wish this was around when I first began though >.< I feel like I dont have much to blog about at this point in my journey.

if you guys want a laugh, i lost a rare villager after restarting - the only memorable moment so far

I love it! I personalized my own thread about my island and I'm so proud with what I've done so far! AAAH. Good good. I wanted to scream about how dumb and gay Marshal and Raymond can get now I can have an outlet of screaming about it. (I love them both so much dsafsdf)

I'm loving the journals board so far, great work mods!! I'm in the process of getting mine set up and I'm really enjoying having a little space to myself on the forum to be creative and keep track of how my island's shaping up. It's really fun to see how everyone else is shaping their blogs, too.

I have a question though! After spending about an hour on formatting my thread, I looked over at my sidebar and noticed I'd lost about 100 TBT! I definitely didn't spend any bells in this time, so I checked my transactions and I can see that this seems to be related to my posting/editing in my journal thread...is this intentional? I didn't realize you could lose bells for editing posts, is there a certain time limit that has to elapse before you can edit without sacrificing bells? I also run a shop thread where I edit the main post frequently to update my stock and I've never noticed this happening there.

The only other thing I can think of is that I did "reserve" three posts in my thread. Does posting and editing three successive posts in the same thread have anything to do with this? If it's something I'm doing wrong then totally my bad, I've only recently returned to the forum after many years away so I don't remember all the nuances of the TBT system. But...I definitely want to update my journal frequently and I'm obsessed with formatting so I'm planning on editing each post quite a bit 😅 I'd love some guidance on this so that I can post properly and avoid losing more bells!

(Sorry if this isn't the right thread to post this, please point me in the right direction if there's a better place!)

I'm loving the journals board so far, great work mods!! I'm in the process of getting mine set up and I'm really enjoying having a little space to myself on the forum to be creative and keep track of how my island's shaping up. It's really fun to see how everyone else is shaping their blogs, too.

I have a question though! After spending about an hour on formatting my thread, I looked over at my sidebar and noticed I'd lost about 100 TBT! I definitely didn't spend any bells in this time, so I checked my transactions and I can see that this seems to be related to my posting/editing in my journal thread...is this intentional? I didn't realize you could lose bells for editing posts, is there a certain time limit that has to elapse before you can edit without sacrificing bells? I also run a shop thread where I edit the main post frequently to update my stock and I've never noticed this happening there.

The only other thing I can think of is that I did "reserve" three posts in my thread. Does posting and editing three successive posts in the same thread have anything to do with this? If it's something I'm doing wrong then totally my bad, I've only recently returned to the forum after many years away so I don't remember all the nuances of the TBT system. But...I definitely want to update my journal frequently and I'm obsessed with formatting so I'm planning on editing each post quite a bit 😅 I'd love some guidance on this so that I can post properly and avoid losing more bells!

(Sorry if this isn't the right thread to post this, please point me in the right direction if there's a better place!)

Oh geez, is that really happening? You lose bells for editing journal posts? That doesn't seem like a great idea, especially if people are doing what I'm doing where they're adding onto posts the more developed your town becomes. Is there any chance this will get fixed? I want to open my journal up so people can comment but I can't without reserving a few posts first, and I don't want to do that if I end up losing bells for editing the reserved posts.

Oh geez, is that really happening? You lose bells for editing journal posts? That doesn't seem like a great idea, especially if people are doing what I'm doing where they're adding onto posts the more developed your town becomes. Is there any chance this will get fixed? I want to open my journal up so people can comment but I can't without reserving a few posts first, and I don't want to do that if I end up losing bells for editing the reserved posts.
Yeah, I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just something I'm doing wrong! ;^; Definitely kind of a bummer if it's intentional. I can take a screenshot of my transactions if anyone would like to see!

Yeah, I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just something I'm doing wrong! ;^; Definitely kind of a bummer if it's intentional. I can take a screenshot of my transactions if anyone would like to see!
It's intentional. It's been like that since ever. It's just more noticeable bc you edit it constantly.

It's intentional. It's been like that since ever. It's just more noticeable bc you edit it constantly.

Yeah, but I feel like they should lift that punishment on the journals, because there's gonna be a lot of people reserving and editing posts, and it would suck if they got punished for doing the intent of this forum

Gotcha. I've edited posts in other subforums a ton and never noticed it, but i believe you! I agree with CowKing though, it seems kind of rough to have that penalization active for journals since a majority of folks are probably planning on messing with their first few posts quite a bit. I probably wouldn't have edited mine as much if I'd known I was losing currency for doing it, but that seems to kind of defeat the purpose of a subforum dedicated to user creativity 😱

Gotcha. I've edited posts in other subforums a ton and never noticed it, but i believe you! I agree with CowKing though, it seems kind of rough to have that penalization active for journals since a majority of folks are probably planning on messing with their first few posts quite a bit. I probably wouldn't have edited mine as much if I'd known I was losing currency for doing it, but that seems to kind of defeat the purpose of a subforum dedicated to user creativity 😱

Took the words right out of my mouth lol
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they penalized you just a little less, like they take less bells from you.
I'm saving up bells right now so it would suck if I lost them for journaling

AAAA MY 32 TBT WENT TO 25 TBT JUST BY EDITING A SECTION NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back