• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Welcome to Island Journals

Thank you! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAa but do we still get bells deducted for posting/editing there? Just wanted to know! 😖

Ooh, that sounds interesting! How do I start (I'm on my 4th day of the 2nd week that I started)?

Is it a permanent setting that bells are not lost when you edit in the Island Journals? :'0 I make big posts so the edits are a little painful on the bells orz;;

I like the idea. I can't wait to see how others use it as I previously did this same thing with ACNL all the time. Been reading the comments and am not happy either about losing TBT for editing. If I see a typo I can't help but correct it. Oh well...

I just started a second island and would love to journal about it. I still have my old island which I started a journal thread for. Am I allowed to make a second thread for the new island? Or should I just stick to the one I have?

I just started a second island and would love to journal about it. I still have my old island which I started a journal thread for. Am I allowed to make a second thread for the new island? Or should I just stick to the one I have?

Did you figure it out? I'm wondering this too. I haven't made any journal threads yet, but I really want to start one for my second island when I decide to start playing it. I don't want that to prevent me from also starting one for my original island if I ever want to.

Did you figure it out? I'm wondering this too. I haven't made any journal threads yet, but I really want to start one for my second island when I decide to start playing it. I don't want that to prevent me from also starting one for my original island if I ever want to.
I never got an answer back unfortunately! I think we're going to have to use the contact the staff section to ask.

I never got an answer back unfortunately! I think we're going to have to use the contact the staff section to ask.

Ah man I'd love to know this as well! I just started an island on my boyfriend's switch, so I'd love a separate journal for it. I think I've seen people post multiple journals before? So it might be fine to post a new thread, but it's probably best to double check.

Ah man I'd love to know this as well! I just started an island on my boyfriend's switch, so I'd love a separate journal for it. I think I've seen people post multiple journals before? So it might be fine to post a new thread, but it's probably best to double check.
I put out the question on the contact board and I’ll post here what I find out!! 🙂

I put out the question on the contact board and I’ll post here what I find out!! 🙂

I went ahead and made journal threads for both my islands, just to see if I was able to do it. I didn’t get any tbt for creating the second thread, but the site let me make it. I guess if it’s against the rules, then my threads can be merged together.

I went ahead and made journal threads for both my islands, just to see if I was able to do it. I didn’t get any tbt for creating the second thread, but the site let me make it. I guess if it’s against the rules, then my threads can be merged together.
I'm so sorry I forgot to come back, I've been so busy with work this week! Staff did say that we're allowed to have more than one journal so you should be all set! :)

I just lost 7 bells from editing my journal :cry:
I also lost 11 bells from editing my journal earlier which confuses me because I thought the most you could get from a post was 10

Last edited:
I just lost 7 bells from editing my journal :cry:
I also lost 11 bells from editing my journal earlier which confuses me because I thought the most you could get from a post was 10

Hey, @Livia. I just wanted to confirm that I lost 15 bells just now editing my post. I just opened a thread in Contact the Staff about it and will let you know if it gets resolved or regardless. The pinned post said it wasn't supposed to happen anymore :/.

Hey, @Livia. I just wanted to confirm that I lost 15 bells just now editing my post. I just opened a thread in Contact the Staff about it and will let you know if it gets resolved or regardless. The pinned post said it wasn't supposed to happen anymore :/.
I'm now encountering the same issue as well: edited a post because the text didn't align with the pictures like it did in the preview, and lost 15 bells. What do people usually do around here? Open a second thread in Contact the Staff or?

I'm now encountering the same issue as well: edited a post because the text didn't align with the pictures like it did in the preview, and lost 15 bells. What do people usually do around here? Open a second thread in Contact the Staff or?

I opened one thread in contact the staff and a mod responded to me and tagged an admin to have them take a look as well. If you already made one, I’d only post in it again to update what is happening or just wait since they are now aware of this.

Back