• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

1/1 Year Challange?

Kit

Doing my best!
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
To all of those who have decided to participate in the One Year Challenge:

Kit, as challenge organizer, is compiling a list of information about the towns that we are planning to create for the challenge. The information she is looking for is as follows.

Town Name, Mayor Name, Town Theme, and Goals.

This information will help us get the challenge up and running in good time for the New Year. Thank you!

I do apologize if anyone's already made a thread about this but I decided i'd go ahead and make one as I didn't see any ^_^
Who else is planning on resetting one of their towns on January 1st? I'm going to be resetting my second cartridge :)
Any town ideas/villager themes? What do you plan to accomplish with your new town?

Edit 12/31/15
I'll be setting up -placeholder for im/voicechat group that isn't skype- as well, and probably posting an official thread for this tomorrow (or today) as this one has more posts from before the event has started & would get confusing to read through. PM/Vm me if you're interested in joining the group <3
(And you can go and contact some others who you think might be as well :) )

Edit 12/31/15
Discord Group is setup! PM me for an invite link :)
Forum thread is in progress

Here's some helpful stuff for you guys for your layouts,
http://gentlyusedleaf.tumblr.com/post/86961099174/petal-parasol-its-finally-here-im-sorry-Rocks guide, you can have a minimum of four rocks

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/98/98/9498989e8fc2018c71434ce2f269277f.jpg-All possible maps

https://aforestlife.wordpress.com/guides/animal-crossing-town-name-ideas-and-methods/ Name Ideas

http://waifu2x.udp.jp/ those big high-quality screenshots ^_^, instructions from HelloxCutie on the screenshot thread,
"This website will be your best friend.
Upload your screenshot, and use the “high” and “2x” options. Hit submit, and you’ll have a smoother quality screenshot! "

Let me know if you have more links for me to add ^_^

Last edited:
I may start a new town on my download version on Jan 1st.... it depends on if I get a new 3DSXL for Christmas or not....

I don't plan to do it myself, I'm not really that big of a fan of Animal Crossing anymore, but I'm hoping to watch someone do one themselves.

I'm planning on doing this! I have a cartridge and a download, and I'm starting the town on my cartridge. The dreamies for that town are already decided and in my signature, though I might change the name because I think I want to change the theme of the town to be different than an autumnal/harvest town, as that was the town before my current main town. I kept putting off making that town until a few weeks ago and decided that there was no point in resetting a few weeks before the new year.

I did it last year until June and I really enjoyed it. Thinking of doing it again this year since I haven't been able to settle in a town since.

What's everyone thinking of naming or theming for their new towns (if any?)

I'm torn between the town of Fitz with Mayor Ivy, or the town of Koriko with Mayor Kiki (or Jiji).

What's everyone thinking of naming or theming for their new towns (if any?)

I'm torn between the town of Fitz with Mayor Ivy, or the town of Koriko with Mayor Kiki (or Jiji).

I like the second one :)

I would be naming it Latibule with either Mayor Ella (my rl name) or Mayor Elm. I haven't got much of a theme in mind, I just know I want it to be a cosy, overgrown reservation/forest town. I have this whole background story to go with Mayor Elm but yeah :)

Last edited:
Ella is such a pretty name! I'll be keeping my original town of Laputa with Mayor Tash which is my real name so I don't mind having an alternate name for a new game :)

Ella is such a pretty name! I'll be keeping my original town of Laputa with Mayor Tash which is my real name so I don't mind having an alternate name for a new game :)

Aw thank you! :) Ah cool :) I only have one copy so yeah :p I like using my own name cause it feels a bit more personal but having an oc provides a bit more scope for storybuilding. I'm kinda torn tbh!

Last edited:
Aw thank you! :) Ah cool :) I only have one copy so yeah :p I like using my own name cause it feels a bit more personal but having an oc provides a bit more scope for storybuilding. I'm kinda torn tbh!

I know what you mean. But I don't want to just be Mayor Tash in both towns (did that before and just never played my 2nd town).

I'm doing this with my second cartridge! I've already picked out a mayor and town name xD

Aww thank you Tash :> I'm looking forward to it!!!! I'm going to try not to TT and *maybe* take only random move-ins and campers xD

Yay! I kind of already only take in random move ins and campers at the moment anyways. I'm thinking of doing an opposite town - so one where the map mirrors my main town and have that in the wrong half of the year to the actual time (so I'd set it so the town was in summer).

Yay! I kind of already only take in random move ins and campers at the moment anyways. I'm thinking of doing an opposite town - so one where the map mirrors my main town and have that in the wrong half of the year to the actual time (so I'd set it so the town was in summer).

Oh that would be cool! Then your mayor in real time could always take a vacation ;> heh, I'm picky about my main town and I have a horrible habit of TTing - so I guess if I didn't do that, my second town would in essence be opposite of my main town too xD

Oh that would be cool! Then your mayor in real time could always take a vacation ;> heh, I'm picky about my main town and I have a horrible habit of TTing - so I guess if I didn't do that, my second town would in essence be opposite of my main town too xD

Hehe, that's what I thought :) I don't have the time or energy to TT but I think having one town where you do and one where you don't is the perfect blend of all the things you can get from the game!

I actually just set up my new town a few days ago but my plan was to accept whoever was there and random or camp move ins and keep all until picture then let them go for a new friend and try to get all the animals in that town long enough to befriend and just keep it running..with my other towns I am doing the holidays I made a list and event from sept middle or oct to now and trying to be all caught up by jan 1 but there is one town I may fully reset..I lost too many there and have done all I can and it isn't my main first town..so will see but the one I just started I did want to get Christmas in but am calling it my new year town, my never ending town when I reach max friendship I will let whomever it is go to a wanted home and replace with a camper or move in randomly.

Back