• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

2 years later, how often are you currently playing New Horizons?

How often are you currently playing New Horizons?

• Daily

Votes: 127 23.1%
  • Multiple times a week

Votes: 89 16.2%
  • Once a week or so

Votes: 40 7.3%
  • I check in once in a while

Votes: 81 14.8%
  • I haven't played in a while but I'll play it again at some point

Votes: 161 29.3%
  • I stopped playing forever ago and won't play it again

Votes: 28 5.1%
  • I haven't played New Horizons

Votes: 23 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got the game for Christmas in 2020. Played it alot during the first few months, but I stopped playing frequently as I took a business course online and it was hard. Lost motivation to play the game in the evenings. I started the game in March 2020, by resetting my switch's clock to that date and played like it was the beginning of the game's release (although I set it back to a few days BEFORE the game even came out..) and then I would reset the clock back to the date I last played, so I wouldn't miss any days on the game. Well, I missed some, but let's just say...it's still only 30th July 2020 on my switch right now. I've played the game for 400 hours total and picked it up more since the 2.0 update. I really enjoy cooking and the HHP DLC and I played about 3-4 times a week now, with more motivation to terraform my island.

I was about to redecorate my island but then I lost access to the switch. For now I haven't played ina while, but once I get access to another switch I'll definitely be playing at least once a week

I haven't played in months ): I really do wish I could change that, but there are so many other things I would rather be doing these days. Just not enough time.

I'm currently playing NH a bit more than I usually do, but I don't know how long they may last. Currently doing some terraforming, designing, ect. There's a lot I have envisioned, but sometimes it doesn't work out the way I had planned. Especially when I forgot to take in account how small the siderooms are.

I've been busy playing other games, but I'll redownload NH once I feel I'm ready to go back. I think once summer starts I'll get back and do some improvements to my island

I feel like AC is a game I just go back to from time to time. Like, I'm nearly 600 hours in but I've had months were I've stopped playing. I think I stopped playing just shortly after 2.0 came out but now I've been dragged back in! I've been working on my island, home and talking to my villagers! I also really like taking pics and uploading them on my island's journal. But I'm sure I'll get sick of the game soon, lol. Besides I've got tons of other games I really want to play.

Sometimes multiple times a week, or once a week. The saddest part is that villagers say same things over and over. I wish they had much more to say. Just out of pure curiosity I installed dolphin emulator on my android, to play the first AC on gamecube. And the dialogue is so much diverse. Also checking new leaf daily.

My answer is actally that I just got back into it recently. I had put in an obscene amount of hours in 2020, and I burned out. Plus a lot of stuff happened IRL that took me away from playing. I took a while to get back into it even though I was excited for the HHD update. I kept seeing all these Instagram posts with beautiful designs using the new furniture and instead of exciting and inspiring me I felt intimidated and overwhelmed. But now I am finally playing again, and wow what fun it has been! I love the new furniture and I love being able to design interiors. I have always been a fan of interior designing in this game; landscaping and exterior designing seems to be much more popular with ACNH fans but for me it was always harder to get into that aspect.

Not as much as I want to. I have a draw to the game, but I can't keep my attention on it right now. I am thinking of restarting my 2nd island for a once more, but I really don't want to lose my HHP save, so I'm stuck thinking about it.

I'm currently playing daily, but I haven't played at all for awhile there. I reset my town recently, so I'm enjoying playing it it again after taking a long break.

Normally I check in every once in a while, but I'm playing more often now. 😃

i used to play daily but it’s gotten so boring, i probably will play again but i haven’t in 2 weeks.

I have a lot to do but I’m currently not that interested in it anymore I will come back and finish my island but I bought it around release and I played everyday for around a year.

Currently, I have so much RL work that I'm checking in about once a week.

Happy to update that right after writing my original post, I started playing regularly again. At the moment I’m playing every day. Unhappy to update, same amount of RL work. 🥲😅

A few times a week. I like to update things as the seasons pass and I think that adds a lot of variety. I only get to play for maybe 20 minutes at a time to there's a lot of things to try to squeeze in.

Recently I have been playing daily. I like to run around my island and take pictures and work on some stamp cards or chores. If I'm feeling up to it, I design homes. I've been more inspired to play lately because I've had a renewed interest in updating my island journal to document my completed island.

I was playing once a week. I have now started playing daily again. Just wish I had more time to play.

Back