Vylbrand
Tasty Cake
Green Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
aci.png

Task

Design an invitation for TBT's 20th Birthday Party!

Rules

• Entries must be your own work.
  • Entries must fit an Animal Crossing or TBT theme, in addition to being presented as a birthday party invitation.
  • No collaborative projects.
  • Submissions can be traditionally or digitally drawn.
  • You can use craft supplies but cannot use other people's work or any other pre-made components.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.
  • Your entry must comply with the TBT Art Event Submission Policies and Guidelines.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday 11th August 2024. Your TBT username must be visible in your submission. If a physical entry, we require a physical name card. If a digital entry, you can write this on your entry directly.

Submission Checklist:
✅ Your entry meets either an Animal Crossing or TBT theme, and also the party invitation theme.​
✅You have attached an image of your entry and checked "entry" on the attachment's thumbnail. (See this post from a previous event if you're unsure how.)​
✅ You have included your name card.​
✅ You have included your references.​
✅ It is no later than 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday 11th August, 2024.​

Prizes

• First Place:
    • 96 Tickets
    • Rainbow Birthday Bouquet collectible
    • Gold Trophy Collectible

• Second Place:
    • 72 Tickets
    • Silver Trophy Collectible

• Third Place:
    • 48 Tickets
    • Bronze Trophy Collectible

• Nominee:
    • 6 Tickets and 6 Throwback Tickets

• Participation:
    • 12 Tickets and 12 Throwback Tickets

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How will the winners be decided?

A. The staff will vote internally to nominate entries. The entries with the most staff votes will then go forward to a public poll. The recipients for the first, second, and third place prizes will then be decided on by the community.

Q. What materials am I allowed to use in my traditional invite?
A. We are only accepting the use of natural and craft materials in your party invite. We are also posing a limitation that you cannot use any craft materials with art/illustrations already on it. For example, washi tape with Isabelle's face on it would not be acceptable, but washi tape with flowers or geometric patterns would be fine. If you're unsure if your material would be considered acceptable, please ask!

Q. Can my entry have 3D elements?
A. Yes. If you'd prefer to approach this from more of a craft angle you may.

DarthGohan1's event entry:
  • tbtf24invv2.png
    tbtf24invv2.png
    97 KB · Views: 649
I think this might be my first ever TBT event artwork submission?? I definitely did not copy/paste official Animal Crossing assets into my original entry, only to then read the rules and find out that's not allowed, then upload my rule-following masterpiece to a 3rd party image hosting site, then again read the rules to see that's not allowed. Hopefully I didn't break any other rules 😅

Good luck at the TBT Fair everyone!

tbtf24invv2.png

Last edited:
Firesquids's event entry:
  • TBT Birthday Invitation Final front3.jpg
    TBT Birthday Invitation Final front3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 461
TBT Birthday Invitation Final front3.jpg
I'm a big fan gimmicky cards you can display, and was inspired by the Birthday Sign item from New Horizons, so I sought to recreate it in the form of party invitation for my entry.

TBT Birthday Invitation Final side2.jpg

The card is a A-frame sign that stands on its own!​
Materials used:
-Card stock
-Hot glue
-Tape
-Hemp twine
-Sharpie

TBT 20th Invitation print out old.jpg
TBT Birthday Invitation progress.jpg

I began by drawing up the card and appliques in Clip Studio Paint.
When I printed it, the colors unfortunately came out way over-saturated, and so some small details were lost.
After finishing my card the first time, I was unhappy with the look and so I decided to go back, edit the colors and start over. (I also reduced the size of the flower decorations). I'm so glad I redid it because the final looks much better than the original.
TBT 20th Invitation 3.jpg

TBT Birthday Invitation comparison.jpg

Comparison of first (left) to final (right)

Reference used:
NH_Birthday_Set.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back