• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get the cards. There is no Target near me and I don't feel comfortable ordering from a french website I never ordered from before. My only other option would be ebay after they're released but I just know people will be doubling or tripling the price and I can't support that.

Do you guys think that you will be able to trade the Sanrio furniture with others? I heard that was possible in NL, but I do get the feeling nintendo might find a way so you can't mail them or drop them to others, so that you're forced to buy the cards to get the furniture. It would be smart for them business wise, but pretty annoying for us.

It's probably safe to assume, since in NL, you could only get the villagers by loading them up yourself, and couldn't even adopt them from other towns.

i dont know if it is that safe to assume because back in NL unless you had amiibo cards there was no control whatsoever in who moved in your town unless you had an amiibo card ( even for normal villagers ) and with NH we can get those villagers through mystery islands so maybe they will be thrown to the mystery island like all the other villagers but for pp who would like to have them asap can use the cards.

-> this is my hope🤞😅

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get the cards. There is no Target near me and I don't feel comfortable ordering from a french website I never ordered from before. My only other option would be ebay after they're released but I just know people will be doubling or tripling the price and I can't support that.

Do you guys think that you will be able to trade the Sanrio furniture with others? I heard that was possible in NL, but I do get the feeling nintendo might find a way so you can't mail them or drop them to others, so that you're forced to buy the cards to get the furniture. It would be smart for them business wise, but pretty annoying for us.
I'm going to do my darndest to secure a few packs in case anyone here misses out. If I'm able to do that, feel free to hit me up and we can arrange something.

Is there a real reason why Nintendo can't seem to print enough amiibo cards for animal crossing? I guess I just struggle to understand because I see Nintendo printing plenty of pokemon cards for them not to be wiped off the shelves in two seconds, and from my understanding.. pokemon is larger than animal crossing.

i've never bought amiibo cards before and i've only seen the inflated online prices of people who buy them up and resell them. So i'm wondering if anyone knows what these cards would retail for?

@MiniPocketWorld amiibo cards sold very poorly the first time around (at least in Europe; I was never able to find anything beyond series 1 in the wild) so it's probably in nintendo's interest to print less than demand at the risk of stock being sent back/unsold

@Tiffany i believe the rrp for the sanrio set is about $8-10, ymmv

Is there a real reason why Nintendo can't seem to print enough amiibo cards for animal crossing? I guess I just struggle to understand because I see Nintendo printing plenty of pokemon cards for them not to be wiped off the shelves in two seconds, and from my understanding.. pokemon is larger than animal crossing.
From my understanding, its because of what happened the first time. When the AC amiibo line was first released, they were printed in huge quantities. At first they only worked with Amiibo Festival and later on Happy Home Designer, which was a bad bame and a spin off respectively, so they sold very poorly to a point where retailers were almost trying to give them away. So now they may try to be more careful.

I posted elsewhere that I was very excited about Sanrio villagers making a return. I'm honestly way more excited about this update than the Mario one lol. I love the new items shown in the trailer. It's going to be hard trying to figure out who I'm going to move out in favor of some of the villagers... OTL

I'm just hoping I can snag a pack of cards online. I missed out the first time these were sold, and I only have Etoile's amiibo. I hate how the US is making it a Target exclusive while everywhere else seems to have a few options. I just have a bad feeling that scalpers are going to snatch them all up and resell each card at insanely inflated prices. :( After seeing what happened to the PS5 restocks in the UK back in January, it really should be made illegal... If worse comes to worse, I'll drive to my nearest Target and hobble with my bad joints all the way to the video game section to see if they have anything. Honestly I have more faith in my local Target than online lol.

I can't wait for the Sanrio update!! I wish target would have a preorder already. 🥰💕💕

@MiniPocketWorld amiibo cards sold very poorly the first time around (at least in Europe; I was never able to find anything beyond series 1 in the wild) so it's probably in nintendo's interest to print less than demand at the risk of stock being sent back/unsold

@Tiffany i believe the rrp for the sanrio set is about $8-10, ymmv
From my understanding, its because of what happened the first time. When the AC amiibo line was first released, they were printed in huge quantities. At first they only worked with Amiibo Festival and later on Happy Home Designer, which was a bad bame and a spin off respectively, so they sold very poorly to a point where retailers were almost trying to give them away. So now they may try to be more careful.
That is interesting. Well New Horizons seemed to have sold more than those games right?
I just also feel like Nintendo has missed out on amiibo sales simply because they haven't been putting out the cards. Especially at the beginning in the Summer of last year. Looking at the third party people.

At first I was 'boarf I don't really care, villagers are quite cute and the items are nice' but that was all. However, I felt so enthousiastic just after for no reason that I bought just now, five minutes ago, the six cards! They come from France and they'll come to me between 5 and 17 March I hope!
I don't know if they are the original, apparently yes because there is the word 'preorder' but I don't care: I just want them to work!

Literally same thing! I hope that French site is legit and all (my French isn't as good as it once was), so we will see!
Post automatically merged:

I
It costs 6.04€ itself, and 3.42€ for shipping in Belgium. I don't know for other countries, but I'm expecting the price to remain similar for other countries close to France. It seems it is free delivery in France.

View attachment 358285

I got them shipped to the Netherlands, same price as for Belgium fortunately (not really surprising, but I am still happy it doesn't cost that much!)

Has anyone seen any new furniture within these sanrio sets compared to the furnitures they each came with in NL? Just very curious to know if they innovated a bit and added something new ( really hope so 🤞 )

These are so cute I am so excited :) Do we have to buy the cards or if my friend gets them I can buy the furniture items off her ???

These are so cute I am so excited :) Do we have to buy the cards or if my friend gets them I can buy the furniture items off her ???

I doubt they would go through the trouble of coding the furniture to be non tradeable.

At least in NL it was possible to trade the items. I actually got all the Sanrio sets that way back in the day, thanks to a kind person giving them away for free.​

I'm so excited! I think I will try each of the Sanrio characters for a time (yes even Rilla). I know they won't all stay permanently, but I'd like to at least get to know them all.

Etoile is for sure staying though, I've been waiting for her! I've always liked Marty too.

I also liked Chelsea in NL and I wanted to like Chai, but her design looked so blurry and low resolution. I'm excited to try them out in NH.

I entered in the Fnac site and the picture says new leaf, is there a mistake there?

I entered in the Fnac site and the picture says new leaf, is there a mistake there?
No don't worry, they re-used the ad from back then. At the beginning they also had forgotten to change the date and it was written "available from November 25, 2016" 😆

Last edited:
lmao the card pre-order link already has half the recommendations sold out. I don't know if this is people panicking about it being scalped and so they jumped the gun or if the scalpers got to it again already. If it's the latter, burn in hell.

Back