• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
Our Target didn't abide by the rules and put them out for people to buy.

12 people came in and bought all of them. I was so upset. I wanted Chai so badly. I don't want to have to order fake ones or buy from scalpers though, so I'll just deal with it and hope that US puts more out.

Our Target didn't abide by the rules and put them out for people to buy.

12 people came in and bought all of them. I was so upset. I wanted Chai so badly. I don't want to have to order fake ones or buy from scalpers though, so I'll just deal with it and hope that US puts more out.

omg. I’m so sorry. this upsets me greatly and that was my fear. my target abided by the rules did not sell them in store. i checked out right on time around 9 am est (had to go to store to find out that that it was orders only and it would available at time) only to find them out of stock right away. :( I hope you get a pack eventually (soon).

omg. I’m so sorry. this upsets me greatly and that was my fear. my target abided by the rules did not sell them in store. i checked out right on time around 9 am est (had to go to store to find out that that it was orders only and it would available at time) only to find them out of stock right away. :( I hope you get a pack eventually (soon).

I do, too! I was up early and everything, but from what the manager told me, they were sold out literally within 10-15 minutes of the store being opened. I don't really understand why they even put them out to begin with.

I do, too! I was up early and everything, but from what the manager told me, they were sold out literally within 10-15 minutes of the store being opened. I don't really understand why they even put them out to begin with.

i feel like some stores maybe did not get the proper communication, and I feel bad for them.

but I also think probably a lot of them just decided they didn’t need to follow the rules and didn’t care about the instructions, for whatever reason. I feel like over the last year we have seen that some stores/ people just think they should do whatever they want with no one telling them what to do (even for things as important as public health)

sorry for the mini rant, but I feel very annoyed that some stores’ leadership decided to totally just disregard the instructions and made it even more difficult for people who were following the rules and instructions to get the cards 😡 (only one of many problems, but still!)

sorry for you😢 hope you can get the cards somehow

Absolutely shambolic release by Nintendo, and I feel really bad for those that missed out. They’ve essentially released content that, for a large number of players at present, they can’t access because if you’re not watching a store front all day and night waiting for a restock, you’ll miss out.

I really hope Nintendo just lets people buy the items and villagers as an in-game DLC on the eShop if they are unable to properly plan a release without it resulting in so many people being disappointed.

I got my fan made cards today. They all work. I scanned them all in and can now buy the furniture and am working on moving Etoile. Nintendo sucks and they deserve to lose money for how they did this.
Post automatically merged:

i feel like some stores maybe did not get the proper communication, and I feel bad for them.

but I also think probably a lot of them just decided they didn’t need to follow the rules and didn’t care about the instructions, for whatever reason. I feel like over the last year we have seen that some stores/ people just think they should do whatever they want with no one telling them what to do (even for things as important as public health)

sorry for the mini rant, but I feel very annoyed that some stores’ leadership decided to totally just disregard the instructions and made it even more difficult for people who were following the rules and instructions to get the cards 😡 (only one of many problems, but still!)

I heard that supposedly the target employees were selling the cards the day before release to friends and family too.

I really fear how the stores will handle this next time when and if the WAs are re-released as well as if there ever comes a time when Raymond, Dom and others get an amiibo pack.

A friend told me the day i tried to get a pack that he saw people already posting it on ebay for ridiculous prices. It really infuriated me.

What i don’t get is why Nintendo makes these so scarce yet they punish people who are caught selling bootlegged cards? If they don’t want people selling or buying bootlegged cards, then they should make the product easily obtainable since making it scarce drives people to buying the bootlegged versions.

The inconsistency of Target on upholding the rule really disappoints me. And of course they don’t offer an explanation when asked about it.

I really fear how the stores will handle this next time when and if the WAs are re-released as well as if there ever comes a time when Raymond, Dom and others get an amiibo pack.

A friend told me the day i tried to get a pack that he saw people already posting it on ebay for ridiculous prices. It really infuriated me.

What i don’t get is why Nintendo makes these so scarce yet they punish people who are caught selling bootlegged cards? If they don’t want people selling or buying bootlegged cards, then they should make the product easily obtainable since making it scarce drives people to buying the bootlegged versions.

The inconsistency of Target on upholding the rule really disappoints me. And of course they don’t offer an explanation when asked about it.

I am going to miss the days where the WA cards sat on Target shelves a few days straight before going out of stock. Darn all of the hype the game gets now.

same! that was when i took my hiatus and stopped buying the packs too ><.
It was a good time. I also easily found at least series 1 and 2 in stores then too.

Also I did talk to an employee off the clock. They said their particular boss told them to go ahead and sell the cards in store to get rid of stock quickly so they could go work on other tasks. Seemed like that manager prioritized employees not being bogged down by the card sales and online issues vs. the backlash they are receiving.

They said their particular boss told them to go ahead and sell the cards in store to get rid of stock quickly so they could go work on other tasks. Seemed like that manager prioritized employees not being bogged down by the card sales and online issues vs. the backlash they are receiving.

I am not surprised at this news.

I don't blame retail workers, most of them who are not paid nearly enough to deal with the Karen- esque vitriol of scalpers angry they can't buy all the stock to resell or the hassle of Target's failing online infrastructure, just putting them in the store for sale and not bothering with the special instructions. Nintendo absolutely should have sent more packs; from what I heard, stores only really got a few packs per store, and with it being a Target only, that means that original packs are even harder to come by then they should be. I feel bad for the retail workers being yelled at for decisions they did not make.

I'd say just make your own, if you cannot get the cards at this point.

Last edited:
Aaah Nintendo UK have already started cancelling some of the pre-orders, and they’re not honouring them on a first come first serve basis so it doesn’t matter how early or late you may have placed the order. 😞 Good luck everyone!

I think our store just doesn't follow instruction or doesn't care, because this isn't the first time they've had this issue. When those pokemon cards everyone wanted came out, the same thing happened there too. A handful of people bought all of them.

I honestly can't blame just Target though. I feel like Nintendo could fix all of this by making this some sort of digital download, or simply selling the amiibo cards themselves online or putting more out consistently. I'mma always be loyal to nintendo but they really just allow scalpers to run rampant.

Aaah Nintendo UK have already started cancelling some of the pre-orders, and they’re not honouring them on a first come first serve basis so it doesn’t matter how early or late you may have placed the order. 😞 Good luck everyone!

Oh no! Where did you see this? A little terrified now!

This is unfortunate, but not unforeseeable. I was discussing with one of the other staff members yesterday how it was strange that the preorders stayed up for 50 minutes. It was extremely unlikely they would have enough stock to keep preorders open that long.

Oh no! Where did you see this? A little terrified now!
I just saw it from someone on Twitter. 😞 someone else said that Nintendo are basing their cancellations off of their ‘preliminary checks’, not sure what sorts of checks they are.

6A887BCD-4D35-49F3-B7D6-3B358C017730.png

Man thats rough! I wonder what their preliminary checks are - I mean I assume the whole one per household thing. I've ordered direct from them before and never had any issues but as said it did seem strange the pre order was up so long! Keeping fingers crossed for everyone!

I just saw it from someone on Twitter. 😞 someone else said that Nintendo are basing their cancellations off of their ‘preliminary checks’, not sure what sorts of checks they are.

View attachment 365379
Oh no! Mine haven’t been cancelled (yet touch wood 😓). I know some people said that they ordered one set then went and ordered another so don’t know if Nintendo are checking for that?

Back