• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
not sure if this was asked already, but i got my amiibo cards today and i can't invite anyone to my campsite or photopia. D:
when i try inviting to the campsite it says i cant chat with x villager right now.

ive never used amiibos or cards so i dont know if i missed something or not lol

not sure if this was asked already, but i got my amiibo cards today and i can't invite anyone to my campsite or photopia. D:
when i try inviting to the campsite it says i cant chat with x villager right now.

ive never used amiibos or cards so i dont know if i missed something or not lol
This hasn't happened to me before, so my only guess is maybe it's not scanning right? Here's a video of someone scanning one if you want to see if you are doing it right.

This hasn't happened to me before, so my only guess is maybe it's not scanning right? Here's a video of someone scanning one if you want to see if you are doing it right.

looks like ive been scanning them correctly, so this is odd. do i need nintendo online at all?

yeah you may wanna check your system settings and the game version. if you're using a older version of the game, you have to update to get the sanrio villager.

Reactions: Sin
Something tells me that we need to get to the bottom of this and learn (or get) the truth out of (or from) them. I know there are other ppl out there including us that wants the card packs.

Something tells me that we need to get to the bottom of this and learn (or get) the truth out of (or from) them. I know there are other ppl out there including us that wants the card packs.

I agree. I’ve been posting a bit on twitter, tagging target and nintendo. no surprise, no response. still i think it is better to do that than think they are going to know we’re angry or what went wrong. They should know on their own that such decision making would make us angry or management, but, idk, there’s also maybe a chance they don’t look at that and only look at what is in their best interest regardless how the consumer ends up feeling. I don’t know anything about business so what i said might not be right or not make sense.

I dunno about support either, but if we try to contact support, their response isn't gonna be that good for us. The only thing we need is to hear out what they have to say about this. saying on what or when they don't know when they will restock isn't gonna give us our answers to the problem. The other part is the feedback which is tell the store sell the 1 card pack per 1 customer (or person) cuz 2 packs per customer or person will only lead to some trouble or rather the scalpers will buy them and re-sell it at a ridiculous high price. Getting them from my nintendo rewards would be another thing that they should've done in the 1st place to avoid this problem if that were to be the case. The other part is that this pandemic may cause the restock on the card packs to be slow so it's hard for us to get them this way.

I'm soooooo desperate. I think Fnac never gonna receive the cards and I'm afraid they will cancel the pre-orders 😢

I should have driven to a Cultura store when they were still available there. Now it's too late 😫

Well it's gonna be hard for me to do a lot of digging for information on how many ppl who fell into this problem. I did come across on twitter page from target's customer support (via asktarget) and I couldn't find (or how many) which ppl fell into this. Worst case scenario, i did hear some twitter posts about ppl camping (or parking) outside of the store just to get AC sanrio amiibo card packs although it can create a problem for like limited time parking spots plus how many ppl are trying to get the card packs too.

I'm soooooo desperate. I think Fnac never gonna receive the cards and I'm afraid they will cancel the pre-orders 😢

I should have driven to a Cultura store when they were still available there. Now it's too late 😫
They were available at Cultura ? I've been way too busy this week, I didn't know. I don't have a Cultura in my area anyway... I have pre-ordered on Fnac too but I have no idea when it's going to be available there, got no news at all...

This. I have since canceled my Target card and account and have deleted the app, etc. I will never purchase from them again. My store began selling them in person at 8 am. Had I known they were going to do that, I would've been there waiting outside before the doors opened. They were sold out completely before the app would even let me attempt to purchase at 9 am. (I am EST.) I never even had a chance and had no clue. I wasted 2.5 hours that morning trying to get the app to work with no idea that it was hopeless to start with.
i had the same experience with one exception. when the site gave me errors i called my local store and they had some cards at that time but i was at work and couldnt go. i had intended to go when the store opened at 8 and get them on the way to work but since they said online only i didnt. i heard that employees were even selling to friends and family a day early. target sucks and im done with them. They had specific details about purchasing the cards on their website so i see no reason why that info wasn't relayed correctly to employees and enforced by store management.(cause some people will do what they want regardless). i got fan made cards and they work fine

Last edited:
They were available at Cultura ? I've been way too busy this week, I didn't know. I don't have a Cultura in my area anyway... I have pre-ordered on Fnac too but I have no idea when it's going to be available there, got no news at all...
Yes Cultura had them this week, for 10€ 😔

I'm not sure if selling the AC sanrio amiibo cards to friends and family is against the store or staff policy. if it is, then what their staff are doing are getting themselves in trouble, My guess is that asking the store manager about it and see if it's against the store or staff policy. There are ppl in the store that can witness that happening therefore exposing to the staff.

I didn't go for the Sanrio cards, because I knew that they would be out of stock in the next 5 seconds. I wish I went for it, though.

It kinda sucks that my country isn't selling these. I will have to settle with third-party alternatives.

It looks like the store's customer support doesn't help at all. My friend found a twitter post from the store's support and said the same response as the other ppl. They did say that they suppose to restock on march 29, but if my guess is right, then it could be a lie after saying that. it's been a week (or almost a week) that the stores haven't restocked the card packs.

i was lucky enough to order the cards all the way from GAME in europe during the new leaf days... they're for sure my favorite cards ever and i'm really glad i got them back then, especially seeing the trouble people are having getting them now!!! i don't play acnh a ton but i'm happy they're bringing their functionality back in acnh cuz the sanrio furniture is the CUTEST!!!

Back