• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
i thought this was fitting,,, feels like nintendo is mocking us. 💀 :/

View attachment 365381
What if you're someone who has a bad habit of comfort buying? If something sells out and I'm sad about it I'm probably going to go and spend twice as much on something else. 😂

I hate the way Nintendo handles these releases. Would it be too much to ask that they meet demand for at least an entire day? Or if they sell out, come out and say there will be more coming? 😐 It's not just a cosmetic collector item, it unlocks things in the game.

I'm really hoping they will rerelease. I know it's not Nintendo's usual way, but doesn't make sense not to. There's a point where making things so hard to get and exclusive turns people away.

How expensive can these cards be to produce if the US retail price is 5.99? Basically they sell for a dollar per card yet they can't produce nearly enough to meet demand. I don't understand the logic here. Why not make as many as possible especially when they unlock in game content.

I understand the demand for Switches was high last year and they are vastly harder to produce then paper cards with a chip imbedded inside them. They mostly kept up with Switch production last year why not try and keep up with these cards.

Well I know some of us are or have fallen into victims in this case, but my friend (and some of you guys) may be right that they should've release these cards to the other stores to avoid frustration. Looking at the reviews, there has been 1 star negative reviews since other ppl have been trying to get the cards, but haven't said a word of a review about it from the store site. I don't know what the store's deal is, but i dunno how the store will deal with this problem or rather how nintendo and/or sanrio will deal with the problem.

I did look at another related article about the card packs. it seems that the scalpers have skyrocketed the price of the card packs. i mean seriously, no one will buy card packs at that (or those) kind of prices.

Well I know some of us are or have fallen into victims in this case, but my friend (and some of you guys) may be right that they should've release these cards to the other stores to avoid frustration. Looking at the reviews, there has been 1 star negative reviews since other ppl have been trying to get the cards, but haven't said a word of a review about it from the store site. I don't know what the store's deal is, but i dunno how the store will deal with this problem or rather how nintendo and/or sanrio will deal with the problem.

I did look at another related article about the card packs. it seems that the scalpers have skyrocketed the price of the card packs. i mean seriously, no one will buy card packs at that (or those) kind of prices.

I believe Target removed all the 1 star reviews with words due to the reviews most likely being about not be able to get the cards opposed to reviewing the actual product.

I believe Target removed all the 1 star reviews with words due to the reviews most likely being about not be able to get the cards opposed to reviewing the actual product.
Good for target
I hate when people make fake reviews of a product to express anger over something.
Review bombing is totally not cool.
Not the time or place. Spam the company with emails if you're grumpy. Leave product reviews for if its a good product or not.

This ^ but I disagree about the approach of taking out the reviews. First of all someone not aware of the whole fiasco may actually believe the product itself is bad hence the 1 star ratings upon first glance; secondly consumers should have the right to review a product factoring in their purchasing experience. Of course, leaving a rude review would be completely uncalled for, but there's no rule to say that a review should solely based on evaluation of product quality. In fact, I think a lot of people were turned off by how Target handled the launch of the sanrio cards this time that it might have impacted their opinion about purchasing from Target on other items in the future. In such case, I think Target needs to hear these feedbacks and know how to improve to avoid same mistakes again.

You mean like do purchase 1 AC sanrio amiibo card packs instead of 2 per 1 customer so this will avoid the whole problem or situation? That's 1 thing that target should do. 2 card packs per 1 customer can lead to a problem for us which it will let scalpers take advantage of this.

We haven't heard anything about the restocks lately. I just haven't picked up any other information and articles about it from other media(s) and site(s). it's just that the restocks can be slow in terms of this pandemic and how many ppl are buying it.

it seems that the scalpers have skyrocketed the price of the card packs. i mean seriously, no one will buy card packs at that (or those) kind of prices.

Unfortunately, people do. That's why scalpers buy up all the product, because they bank on people's desperation. If people wouldn't buy from scalpers and instead complained about lack of product, this might be much less of an issue.

I just don’t understand why Nintendo does this stuff. I mean limited edition and exclusive to target means not much profit for them. The logical thing for
Nintendo to do was selling lots of stock at multiple stores. Just makes
me think they are working with the scalpers.

In fact, I think a lot of people were turned off by how Target handled the launch of the sanrio cards this time that it might have impacted their opinion about purchasing from Target on other items in the future. In such case, I think Target needs to hear these feedbacks and know how to improve to avoid same mistakes again.

This. I have since canceled my Target card and account and have deleted the app, etc. I will never purchase from them again. My store began selling them in person at 8 am. Had I known they were going to do that, I would've been there waiting outside before the doors opened. They were sold out completely before the app would even let me attempt to purchase at 9 am. (I am EST.) I never even had a chance and had no clue. I wasted 2.5 hours that morning trying to get the app to work with no idea that it was hopeless to start with.

This. I have since canceled my Target card and account and have deleted the app, etc. I will never purchase from them again. My store began selling them in person at 8 am. Had I known they were going to do that, I would've been there waiting outside before the doors opened. They were sold out completely before the app would even let me attempt to purchase at 9 am. (I am EST.) I never even had a chance and had no clue. I wasted 2.5 hours that morning trying to get the app to work with no idea that it was hopeless to start with.
You’re a better person than me. My Red Card is still safe in my wallet lol

^ And that's how they get away with it. No disrespect intended, everyone is free to do as they please. But, if more people stood up to Target for these shenanigans and put their money where their mouth is, maybe it would hurt them a little. This is not the first time Target has burned me with an exclusive. Same for Nintendo. Let the scalpers suffer. My fan made set is out for delivery today, and I didn't give a scalper triple digit dollars to get them.

But, if more people stood up to Target for these shenanigans and put their money where their mouth is, maybe it would hurt them a little.
Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't.
But without everyone doing it all you achieve is hurting yourself.
And of course, everyone is going to care to various degrees. This wouldn't be enough to stop me shopping somewhere I like.
Of course do what you feel is right but yeah.

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't.
But without everyone doing it all you achieve is hurting yourself.
And of course, everyone is going to care to various degrees. This wouldn't be enough to stop me shopping somewhere I like.
Of course do what you feel is right but yeah.
I agree. To each their own, but I like shopping at Target and this isn’t enough to stop me from doing so. No disrespect to anyone who feels differently, but I don’t see it as a reason to do my own little protest to Target.

I agree. To each their own, but I like shopping at Target and this isn’t enough to stop me from doing so. No disrespect to anyone who feels differently, but I don’t see it as a reason to do my own little protest to Target.

I had the opportunity to get a gift card at target, and while initially I contemplated about buying a much higher value gift card (thinking I would need it for Sanrio cards and more animal crossing Merch/games down the road), I'm glad I only end up getting a $25 one. Given I don't shop there much to begin with( don't live close to one, and I don't think their online shopping is a bit finnicky with some of the items unable to be delivered to my zipcode), and that I'm a little on the fence about purchasing future gaming items from target as well since the sanrio launch wasn't exactly a nice experience... lol

Just wanted to throw my opinion about Target in there. Personally I like Target quite a bit. To date, I have always bought my Nintendo consoles from there, as well as as a lot of my games too. They are usually very well organized in my opinion, and I feel like these Sanrio cards were an exemption to their usally good performance. My opinion my be a bit biased since I was able to get the cards (after 40 mins of spamming the checkout button), and I will say that the fact that the site was not working was disappointng, as well as Targets not following the rules they layed out, but I feel like this could have happened to any other store as well.

I mean we can blame Target all we want and they are to blame for mishandling this and misinformation, but Nintendo dropped the ball by not getting enough of these out there. The first time they brought out the RV cards and the Sanrio back for the WA update there was so much different content for the entire game to experience. This time they focused solely on an update for the Sanrio. So they should had expected an influx of fans wanting to experience this.

I'm just glad that fake cards are a thing so people can still experience this update without having to empty their wallets.

I dunno about that. Some (or a lot) of us wanted the sanrio card packs so we can get the villagers and items that we wanted, but mostly the villagers when it comes to the pictures. I haven't been picking up any new information lately so it's gonna take some time for me or us to get some information about this mess. we haven't gotten any luck about the restock. it's just that we need a word from the store (or nintendo) about this.

Back