• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS Theme: Who would buy one?

Would you consider buying the 3DS XL Animal Crossing edition?

• I would like it!

Votes: 70 51.1%
  • I want a different color of 3DS XL.

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • I'm fine with my 3DS, don't want an XL.

Votes: 47 34.3%

• Total voters
Defintately not getting an Animal Crossing XL, I want just a plain black 3DS. Will one come out in the US before ACNL? I am getting an entire 3DS (XL for sure) just for this game, might find some other games though. I just don't like white systems, I got a black iPod Touch 5th generation and it looks amazing... If I could get a plain black 3DS it would be fantastic. The slate color would match my iPod too :p

But yeah, as a guy, the white 3DS looks a bit too... Girly I guess I could say.

I don't think it looks girly... Lin's (for Linandko) boyfriend Kohei has the 3DS XL and it doesn't look girly to him or me :-o Unless you're talking about the plain white one.

I have the plain black 3DS, and honestly I think I wanted another color. It's more of a bronzy color.

I got (last night) a pink/white Limited Edition XL. I love how smooth and rounded the edges are. Not to mention that the big screen is perfect for Colors 3D! I'm glad I exchanged my old one for this one. Much nicer. Even my fianc? wants to play it, being pink and all haha. And the white looks very nice too. I just need to buy a screen protector now.

If an AC themed XL came out, I would probably want it, but i wouldn't go out and get it lol now, if that pikachu one hadn't only hit Europe and Japan, I would have been all over it like a rabid dog.

So was your fiance ok with it and all??

Of course! He wants to be the one to play NL on it (since that's the one getting the digital version lol) I told him fine but he has to play the cartridge one because the pink XL is my main system now

My bf said he would get it for me if it comes to the US. He knows I love AC. On our first date he even said if we are still dating he would get the game for me. I already paid for most of it. It been a few years since I put money on it. So if I get the xl he can get the game and play with me!
But if I don't get it. I still love my 3ds normal. I hate how you get a 3ds and BAM here is a new bigger one.

I don't care for the AC 3dsXL. Like others, if there had been a green one with a leaf on it. I would have been ALL over that. Seriously why don't they do that.

I had a aqua (?) 3ds that my husband bought when there was first news of of AC3DS and then of course I had to have the XL. I got a red one for christmas. I really wanted the blue instead but... red is what I got. I'd love to find a skin or something for it but they all seem to show the original color still and bleh. I suppose it doesn't really matter but I would definitely have liked the blue better. So now my husband has the original 3ds and he can play AC with me :D

I would not buy the AC XL. I have an aqua 3DS and it is just fine for me. Unless we get an awesome design in the states I don't think I will upgrade to the XL. The only XL I have seen so far that I would definitely buy is the Charizard one. If it were a green with a grass pattern would probably buy it, that sounds cute. Has to be dark inside colors though, light colors hurt my eyes...

I don't think it looks girly... Lin's (for Linandko) boyfriend Kohei has the 3DS XL and it doesn't look girly to him or me :-o Unless you're talking about the plain white one.

I have the plain black 3DS, and honestly I think I wanted another color. It's more of a bronzy color.

You do have to consider that what is considered "cool or nice" could be considered "cute and girly" to someone of a different culture.

Western cultures are going to view it as the latter, so that limits the number of people who are going to buy it.
I'm not going to get into it though, just wanted to mention that. lol

I'd get it if they released it here on AC's release date. If not I'm just going to stick with my regular 3ds.

If I didn't already have a 3DS, I would say yes. However to toggle my time between towns, I would be very difficult.

I already have a 3DS XL which I had bought especially for this game. I was going to wait till the game came out and get them both together, but when I read on sites that the pink and white XL was a limited edition (at the time) I somewhat panicked and had to get one right away before they sold out. Turns out that's not entirely the case after all. Kind of rushed there, but I'm still glad I bought the system when I did anyway.

Before even considering buying a 3DS to begin with, I had a hunch that the system would eventually come in XL form just like how the DSi did the same thing. So I waited for that very moment as well and was so happy when it came out in pink! Waiting pays off!

Last edited:
I already have my 3DS XL.
It is Pink and White! I got it off lay-a-way the day after Valentine's day.
The day after that I past my Cosmo Black 3DS down to my sister.

Since I start my new job on Monday (actually spent the last week in Chicago at training), I might get an XL either way. If I have my choice, though, I would much rather have the AC one.

I already have an XL, and as much as I would love to have an AC-edition, I wouldn't waste my money on buying another XL just for that. :p

I would've waited longer before buying an XL if NOA had confirmed the bundle over here :(
not a huge fan of the red or blue XLs but caved in since they were on sale for $150 last November.
I'm tempted to buy the pink/white XL to swap and transfer my data; too much of a hassle though. I'm fine with what I have so I guess I'll pass if they decide to bring it over. :p

White consoles tend to not do well in America, for whatever reason. I don't have high hopes for this tbh.

I have a white 3ds xl that i bought purely because of waiting for new leaf. then i saw the ac one. my heart aches a little when i see it :) i'm going to be hugely tempted if it comes out over here so for my bank balance's sake I kind of hope it doesn't.

Nope. The design for it is really not my cup of tea. It doesn't help that I really dislike white systems.

I also already have an XL. I really wanted a full black one, but since NoA are being jerks I caved in a got a blue one (especially since it was a Mario Kart bundle... couldn't resist.)

I slapped a blue shell decal on it and now I'm pretty happy with it.

v9gJXLH.jpg

Last edited:
I'm fine with my 3DS. Although the design is cute, I don't think I would consider buying it, even if I didn't have a 3DS.

Back