• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

A part of me feels we won’t get a Mini Direct but I really hope we do.

47 days/ 6 Weeks left until the game comes out.

I really hope we can have longer names for our islands, I thought of one..but it's 9 characters long. I may have to think of more names if I can't name my island, T-----ako. :(

Last edited:
Done some more thinking, if we’re going to get a mini direct or direct of some kind featuring AC then it will strongly happen this week. With Japan pre-loading and pre-purchasing going live on the 8th, surely this week would be the perfect time?

Last edited:
Man I hope the Direct is this week. If it's not this week it surely has to be aronud the 13th, but who knows with Nintendo. The first Direct of 2019 happened to be on Feb 13th, so maybe they'll go with that date again.

Man I hope the Direct is this week. If it's not this week it surely has to be aronud the 13th, but who knows with Nintendo. The first Direct of 2019 happened to be on Feb 13th, so maybe they'll go with that date again.

It's driving me nuts waiting.

More nuts, I mean. :)

I just thought about something.....

What if there's a limit of how much furniture we can sit outside, just like how there's one for inside of the house or like the PWPs in New Leaf.
I sure hope there isn't one.

Last edited:
I just thought about something.....

What if there's a limit of how much furniture we can sit outside, just like how there's one for inside of the house or like the PWPs in New Leaf.

I reckon there will be a limit.
I hope it's a reasonable amount.

I reckon there will be a limit.
I hope it's a reasonable amount.

I imagine it will be something in-between PWPs and the indoor limit. Like, you'll be able to place a lot, like you can indoors (I think I rarely reached the limit, if ever), but also they won't want you to block off parts of your town or make a labyrinth, basically, like how they limit you in placing PWPs and obstructive plants.
Which makes me wonder, too, what they'll do about placing furniture when you have friends over - will you not be able to place it? Will your friends be able to move it? Also, I wonder if they'll limit us in how many pieces we can place next to each other, and how close to plants and PWPs we'll be able to place furniture.

Take every "a [reliable source] told me [a thing]" with a grain of salt. It is better to wait for official announcements of things than to be running around with every rumor that says.

That said, I sure hope we get that Animal Crossing Direct because, boy, I would sure like to know a whole lotta stuff outta this game I've been waiting since the Wii U lmao

I wonder if we'll still be able to plot reset or choose where our villagers live

We can choose!

Kyogoku said before they choose a spot for their home, they’ll check with you to see if it’s okay. If you don’t like where they settle down you can tell them you don’t want to build in that particular spot and move their house location to wherever you see fit.

:)

I'm really hoping it's just not catered to mostly female players, like PC seems to be.

If Nintendo seriously decides to not allow "Save data local transfer", That's gonna be SO MESSED UP!!
That means never upgrade your Nintendo Switch or get a new one.
After all, It's just a translation so you never know, it might be mis-translation.

If Nintendo seriously decides to not allow "Save data local transfer", That's gonna be SO MESSED UP!!
After all, It's just a translation so you never know, it might be mis-translation.

I never knew it could be an option.
I thought once your switch breaks, you lose your game.

Tis a bit of a worry.
I hope that if it did break, everything could at the very least, be transferred to a new one.

I am Austrian and I can say it really says no transfer from save data between two consoles and I think Nintendo doesn't make that much of translation mistakes on download cards and covers for their products.

I never knew it could be an option.
I thought once your switch breaks, you lose your game.

Tis a bit of a worry.
I hope that if it did break, everything could at the very least, be transferred to a new one.

It's an option if you don't have "Save data cloud"
I hope it's a joke!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am Austrian and I can say it really says no transfer from save data between two consoles and I think Nintendo doesn't make that much of translation mistakes on download cards and covers for their products.

So, I'm really stuck with my only Nintendo Switch? No upgrade?
But will they allow "system data transfer" which includes the save data?

When you say upgrade, you mean the firmware?
Surely a firmware update wouldn't wipe your saved data, or there'd be no point getting a switch.

It would mean nintendo have 'snookered' us. We can't make a move. o_O

Back