• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

Predicting a general Direct this Thursday and an Animal Crossing one next week.

I have so many irl things to worry about at this time that I need an AC direct to save me :'(

Same! If we dont thursday we must when its a month away thats what i think

C'mon nintendo.

Tell us about the in app purchases.

I want to know if it's DLC somewhere down the line, or something else.

Nintendo store are doing cushions Screenshot_20200212-180537.jpg

Man I don't know how the last few months have went really quickly but January and February are dragging.
Not sure how I managed to survive the wait for NL when it released in Japan 7 months earlier. It's so close yet so far and I hate that it's one of the only things to look forward to right now :(

I feel like we are close enough to launch now that I would be happy without a Direct. March 20th is going to hit us so fast and it would be cool to go in blind.

Oh come on Nintendo still no direct? XD I think it's weird that they decided to go this route. They only have AC for the year 2020 and fans are dying for news. Also AC is such an important franchise for Nintendo but they do not advertise the game? At this point I don't need one anymore. The release is so close I will just wait for the game.

Oh come on Nintendo still no direct? XD I think it's weird that they decided to go this route. They only have AC for the year 2020 and fans are dying for news. Also AC is such an important franchise for Nintendo but they do not advertise the game? At this point I don't need one anymore. The release is so close I will just wait for the game.

This very short (AC:NH switch) ad is the latest thing I've seen, but yeah, any news at this point would be welcomed.

Last edited:
agreed. i get nintendo not wanting to spoil stuff but the lack of information is concerning

What exactly is concerning to you about it? Are you concerned they'll delay it? They've got so much official marketing saying March 20 that there's no possible way for them to delay it now, especially with the themed consoles having a set date as well. Aside from that, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about it. There's just a little over a month left to go, and it's an Animal Crossing game. The formula isn't going to be changed up THAT much that we need a ton of new information. Like I said in another thread, there's a coro coro magazine release on the 15th that's going to have an "exclusive scoop" on New Horizons. That will likely be the last of the information in February and maybe a few trailers in March.

What exactly is concerning to you about it? Are you concerned they'll delay it? They've got so much official marketing saying March 20 that there's no possible way for them to delay it now, especially with the themed consoles having a set date as well. Aside from that, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about it. There's just a little over a month left to go, and it's an Animal Crossing game. The formula isn't going to be changed up THAT much that we need a ton of new information. Like I said in another thread, there's a coro coro magazine release on the 15th that's going to have an "exclusive scoop" on New Horizons. That will likely be the last of the information in February and maybe a few trailers in March.

i’m not concerned about it being delayed, i’m concerned about the information they aren’t telling us; i get it’s an animal crossing game and it’s relatively the same as all the others, but it’s also not. i’m more concerned with the lack of information about online functionality, backup cloud saves (although i think this has been touched on), whether or not time travel will be possible, how the new additions (ex. crafting) will work and there’s now the aspect of in-game purchases that people are curious about. there’s very little information out there about new horizons so we’re all kind of going on speculation which isn’t good especially for a game that is set to release in 36 days or so. i’m just hoping that the coro coro magazine will help to answer some of the big questions that people have.

Last edited:
35 days left until the game comes out!

Edited: You know..I think Nintendo is enjoying our suffering......

Last edited:
i’m currently watching mayor mori’s video on how the nintendo switch app is compatible with ac and in the first clip where the character is talking to fuchsia, when they select “later!” they both do the greeting gesture!! ik this probably makes no sense but i just noticed that and i think it’s super cute :3

33 days left until the game comes out.

I wonder if the Acorn festival from Wild World (or just the acorns) coming back. On the US Amazon website, they're selling skins for both the Switch and Switch Lite that have acorns appearing on it.

View attachment 231124
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084S5VPB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
(I'll be getting the Switch Lite since I kinda prefer handheld lately).

i’m getting the switch lite too! and the acorn festival would be cool to have again, i forgot all about that lol

Back