• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

New phone or switch mini for Xmas :( I want sword and shield and new horizons, but then my phone is like 5 now so idk.

New phone or switch mini for Xmas :( I want sword and shield and new horizons, but then my phone is like 5 now so idk.

Would you rather have a creamy chocolate bar that's absolutely perfect (phone) or the Holy Grail (AC:NH)

OMG I'm so dumb, I ALWAYS get March and May mixed up and I originally thought ACNH was gonna be released May 20, 2020. At least I don't have to wait as long as I thought! Same with June and July, because it's Ma-rch/Ma-y and Ju-ne/Ju-ly

So my guess is we might get some more information in either a Direct or during the Tokyo Game Show next month. I wouldn't expect anything more that possibly another trailer, but that might be enough to hold people over until later in the year or early next year for a more detailed Direct.

Some people speculating on twitter about a Direct in September, others hope for more information on the
upcoming Gamescom but I doubt that, I only hear they gonna show more Luigi's Mansion 3 gameplay and
Pokemon I think? But the Tokyo Game Show sounds interesting. Overall, I would be happy about another
trailer with some new gameplay and more villagers being shown (new ones perhaps?).

A September Direct is less speculation and more a given. Their big autumn Directs always have heavy hitting announcements for the coming year and a few updates on remaining current year projects.

September 4th, 11th or the 18th is when we can expect it.

I expect them to show a bit more in the september direct.

I would love it if we got more info about the game in September but I'm afraid the direct will be pretty much all about Pok?mon, considering that the games are coming out in like two months.

I would love it if we got more info about the game in September but I'm afraid the direct will be pretty much all about Pok?mon, considering that the games are coming out in like two months.

That's not how it works.

Pok?mon could get a short new trailer, but only because early September falls in line with their usual time frame for new reveals.

honestly i don't know when im expecting new animal crossing information. i feel like nintendo's formulas for directs are hard to figure out haha. super mario maker 2 got its own direct as well a bunch of other games so i'd expect an animal crossing direct but im just not sure when it'll be.

I hope we hear something soon. The hype was huge and now nothing. Like at least do what they are doing for pokemon, theyve been releasing small things at a time. I mean maybe they will when we get closer

Historically, Nintendo has held their September Directs the week before TGS. At least in the last two years, with last year being the exception due to the earthquake in Japan causing them to delay it from the 6th to the 13th, which is when the initial New Horizons announcement happened.

The 4th is what we should be looking at, but it's Nintendo so who knows.

Pardon the double post, but expect the Direct announcement tomorrow morning at around 9am eastern time for a Wednesday afternoon premiere.

Well theres a direct but not the one we wanted

Eh, personally I could go these final six months without any more Animal Crossing info. I got all I wanted from the reveal at E3, that being a look at the game and a release date. I'm sure we'll get an Animal Crossing Direct before too long, but this was never going to be that.

As it stands, besides New Horizons, Nintendo's 2020 is looking very empty at the moment. This Direct is very important because it's going to spell out the first three months of the new year, as well as dropping a few more bits of info for the remainder of our current year.

Back