• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

probably an ac centric direct sometime in jan/feb

basically don’t expect anything new for a good chunk of time

Opinions on when we?ll hear more

I feel like the floodgates are open now and that we'll be getting monthly updates, however big or small. The latest video they tweeted introducing the development team made it pretty clear that the advertisement campaign is in full swing.

With Zelda out next week, Luigi's Mansion 3 in October and Pok?mon SwSh in November, the only non-remaster and port that Nintendo has currently coming in the next 6 months is Animal Crossing. They pretty much have to talk about it now since the Direct didn't give us any big new original first party announcements for Q1 2020.

Last edited:
Just curious..

I think I can make it to March 20th, 2020 a whole lot easier if there's consistent updates/small gameplay clips posted by nintendo. I've been playing new leaf since 2012 and the closer March gets the harder it is to wait! Does anyone think there's a possibility of a sooner release date?

I think I can make it to March 20th, 2020 a whole lot easier if there's consistent updates/small gameplay clips posted by nintendo. I've been playing new leaf since 2012 and the closer March gets the harder it is to wait! Does anyone think there's a possibility of a sooner release date?

It's incredibly unlikely to happen unfortunately. They set the release date to March 20th for a reason and have their plans built around it. If they felt they could have the game out sooner, they would have announced an earlier release date.

Sometimes i wish they would say SURPRISE ITS COMING OUT SOONER!

okay i?ll stop dreaming now back to reality. 186 days.

Last edited:
I'm actually okay with it coming out in March, I think I can resist six more months, especially since uni is starting again soon and I'll be pretty busy. However, I will be kind of disappointed if we don't get any new info in the next two to three months (till December, basically). I get that they need to plan every direct and reveal very carefully, but I'm hoping we get at least some written tidbits, something to keep on dreaming lol.

Just found out that in Pokemon Sword & Shield, you can actually turn off the auto save function if you
don't like to use it. Makes me wonder if they give you this option in New Horizons too.

Just found out that in Pokemon Sword & Shield, you can actually turn off the auto save function if you
don't like to use it. Makes me wonder if they give you this option in New Horizons too.

this is very interesting! hopefully they'll allow us to do the same in new horizons. though, can someone explain the downside of autosave? the only thing that i could see it being a problem with is messing up something, but that hasn't done much trouble for me. maybe plot resetting? but you can choose where your villagers live so. idk lol

There really isn't much of a downside unless you have an unhealthy obsession over having complete and total control over everything.

Been out of the Animal Crossing world for a bit, but my god..am I ready to jump back in! I love the new direction they've taken and I see the end goal being getting closer to what we used to know about AC, by starting with even less than before. I can easily see this being the only game I play all of 2020.

I'm seriously excited for this to finally come out!!! I'm going to be gone from social media for quite a while LOL Goodbye life, hello Animal Crossing New Horizons XD

https://www.tanuki-kaihatsu.com/ According to information at the bottom of the Japanese NH website, the next dose of information for New Horizons will come during Jump Festa 2020 on Dec. 21. It says "Next Briefing", so I'm assuming more information and not just a photo op like last time.

Last edited:
https://www.tanuki-kaihatsu.com/ According to information at the bottom of the Japanese NH website, the next dose of information for New Horizons will come during Jump Festa 2020 on Dec. 21. It says "Next Briefing", so I'm assuming more information and not just a photo op like last time.

I clicked the briefing link and it had nothing about New Horizons, it's all in Japanese so it's hard to tell, even translated. But I'll take your word for it.

Great news. ^_^

I clicked the briefing link and it had nothing about New Horizons, it's all in Japanese so it's hard to tell, even translated. But I'll take your word for it.

Great news. ^_^

The link does not, but it'd be off for an Animal Crossing website to reference Jump Fiesta if they didn't have anything to show. Nintendo also has a booth next to the Pokemon booth if you look at the map.

The link does not, but it'd be off for an Animal Crossing website to reference Jump Fiesta if they didn't have anything to show. Nintendo also has a booth next to the Pokemon booth if you look at the map.

I'm looking forward to anything new, no matter how small. ^_^

Last edited:
I Found that the official Nintendo site released a synopsis of NH (this as far as i know only applies to US site) and don't know when this was updated

Beloved franchise Animal Crossing gets ready for its Nintendo Switch debut!

If the hustle and bustle of modern life’s got you down, Tom Nook has a new business venture up his sleeve that he knows you’ll adore: the Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package! Sure, you’ve crossed paths with colorful characters near and far. Had a grand time as one of the city folk. May’ve even turned over a new leaf and dedicated yourself to public service! But deep down, isn’t there a part of you that longs for…freedom? Then perhaps a long walk on the beach of a deserted island, where a rich wealth of untouched nature awaits, is just what the doctor ordered!

Peaceful creativity and charm await as you roll up your sleeves and make your new life whatever you want it to be. Collect resources and craft everything from creature comforts to handy tools. Embrace your green thumb as you interact with flowers and trees in new ways. Set up a homestead where the rules of what goes indoors and out no longer apply. Make friends with new arrivals, enjoy the seasons, pole-vault across rivers as you explore, and more!

This new addition to the Animal Crossing series launches March 20, 2020, exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system.

Features:

Customize your character and home, and decorate the landscape (with furniture, if you like!), as you create your very own island paradise.

Experience a robust new crafting system—collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools!

Enjoy a variety of relaxing activities like gardening, fishing, decorating, interacting with charming NPCs, and more, as classic Animal Crossing experiences come to life in fun new ways within the deserted-island setting.

I don't know if this had been posted already, but I figured I would share

Last edited:
Back