• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases on June 9th in North America, June 14th in Europe

Actually there was a leap year so it's just over 3 years to be exact.

Who cares about how long we've waited now, I'm just glad we have a date really ^.^ they could have left it longer till they gave us a date, BE THANKFUL GUYS! Be happy.

Who cares about how long we've waited now, I'm just glad we have a date really ^.^ they could have left it longer till they gave us a date, BE THANKFUL GUYS! Be happy.

Yes! Someone who thinks like me! We should be glad we got a date, not complaining about how far away it is.

Considering the fact that we've all been waiting since 2010 for this game... Prof is right, there isn't that much longer of a wait!! :)

Considering the fact that we've all been waiting since 2010 for this game... Prof is right, there isn't that much longer of a wait!! :)

I'm not sure what you(and all of the other newer members) have been doing since 2010. But a lot of us that have been on TBT for the years we have spend almost every single day here. Imagine it. Ever since the game was announced the first time, we've been coming to TBT every single day waiting for this game.

If you avoid the subject all together, time probably flows by a lot quicker. But if you have it there staring you in the face, the wait seems so much longer than it is. The point I'm getting at here is that some of us have been waiting and discussing and wondering every single day since the game was announced and I haven't seen any one of us complain(consistently) about it.

I get that it's tough waiting so long for a game you really want to play, but be happy that it's actually coming out and that you have a release date. There are so many games that I really thought I was going to get to play and ended up disappointed when I found out they weren't getting localized(in this case, I'm referring to the Monster Hunter games that didn't get a release outside of Japan). So I find the complaining over a few months to be that much more annoying.

But I haven't seen much of it lately now that a date has been set. Glad to see that.

I'm not sure what you(and all of the other newer members) have been doing since 2010. But a lot of us that have been on TBT for the years we have spend almost every single day here. Imagine it. Ever since the game was announced the first time, we've been coming to TBT every single day waiting for this game.

If you avoid the subject all together, time probably flows by a lot quicker. But if you have it there staring you in the face, the wait seems so much longer than it is. The point I'm getting at here is that some of us have been waiting and discussing and wondering every single day since the game was announced and I haven't seen any one of us complain(consistently) about it.

I get that it's tough waiting so long for a game you really want to play, but be happy that it's actually coming out and that you have a release date. There are so many games that I really thought I was going to get to play and ended up disappointed when I found out they weren't getting localized(in this case, I'm referring to the Monster Hunter games that didn't get a release outside of Japan). So I find the complaining over a few months to be that much more annoying.

But I haven't seen much of it lately now that a date has been set. Glad to see that.

Precisely why I like it here way better than on ACC. They seriously bicker and complain about the smallest things. The complaints here are pretty minor in comparison, and the complaints are pretty respectful at that.

The wait doesn't seem long to me for some reason. Maybe it's because the snow is melting and spring is coming in :).

It's really not that long. It's almost March. That only leaves three months.
You guys have already waited over three months, you can do it again. =]

I don't really mind too much because, truthfully, I only have about 200 dollars, and both Luigi's Mansion and ACNL would take a huge chunk of it..
It'll be nice when I can get back to working this summer and don't have to be conservative with my money.

Agreed 100%.

My favorite band hasn't put out an album since 2009 and it's predicted the new one won't come out until this fall. I became a fan in 2010, so over 3 years of painful waiting for me. Just for some new music! The forum I'm on is basically the same situation as yours. Still, I've grown patient with the band. It is what it is and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

So, point being, I've been pretty patient with New Leaf. Part of it could've been not knowing if I'd have a 3DS by then. Still, have no reason to complain. Especially now we don't have to worry about the release date.

Go out and enjoy your spring. You'll have NL in your hands soon enough.

That's...Wow. I never thought of it like that. I mean, I've only been here two months and posting away like a madman, but I never realized about the rest of ya'll.

Precisely why I like it here way better than on ACC. They seriously bicker and complain about the smallest things. The complaints here are pretty minor in comparison, and the complaints are pretty respectful at that.

The wait doesn't seem long to me for some reason. Maybe it's because the snow is melting and spring is coming in :).

Don't get me started on ACC. Oh my god, they are ridiculous. And by that I mean I'd get reported there for saying "oh my god".

Agreed 100%.

My favorite band hasn't put out an album since 2009 and it's predicted the new one won't come out until this fall.

Who's the band?

I have always been someone who thinks that the anticipation is half of the fun. I like to look forward to things... To have something that keeps me excited!
But I guess June 14th is a bit too far away to be that excited, atleast for now. However, I know that on June 13th I will probably run in circles. I won't get any sleep that night ha ha

Kinda off topic: I played City folk yesterday and time travelled some days forward. If the game follows the same cycle (that probably isn't the appropriate word), the snow will be gone soon. It's going to be amazing to finally see all the towns in green! Okay, now I am excited...

Pre-ordered on Amazon and paid a tiny bit extra for the guarantee of getting it on the 14th. I was going to pre-order in my local Game shop, but they are still going by a place holder date!

I've been playing Wild World to pass the time so far, but I may buy a copy of Population Growing which is actually compatible with my Wii...

EDIT: I may have managed to persuade my brother to get New Leaf too, though he doesn't know whether to get a 3DS or a 3DS XL... (It was actually Mayor Joshy's videos that persuaded him:p)

Last edited:
im gonna go in store to get it after school but if they dont have it im gonna have to download it on the eshop which i dont mind.

It's ironic how people are complaining about the release date after practically nagging Nintendo for one since the release in Japan. We've already waited so long, a few more months wouldn't hurt. People are difficult to please, haha :p.

There are quite a few games coming out in the upcoming months so I'm glad we have a bit of time until June- otherwise I'd fear for my bank account, lol.

Hi, thought I'd add my two cents.

Personally, I'm just pleased that a release date has finally been announced. I don't mind waiting four months - Heck, I wouldn't mind waiting eight!

I guess I'm just relieved to know that Nintendo is actually going to deliver, be it sooner or later.

(I must be honest; Until the date was announced on the 14th, I was somewhat uncertain as to whether the game would be released in NA or the EU at all. Call it paranoia, but I actually thought that Nintendo might just call the whole thing off.)

What can I say? The game is coming. I wish it was sooner - we all do - but I'm certain that it will be worth the wait.

Stay optimistic!
~ Marie

It's ironic how people are complaining about the release date after practically nagging Nintendo for one since the release in Japan. We've already waited so long, a few more months wouldn't hurt. People are difficult to please, haha :p.

There are quite a few games coming out in the upcoming months so I'm glad we have a bit of time until June- otherwise I'd fear for my bank account, lol.

I remember that too. You basically took the words out of my mouth!

I was thinking about getting Brain Training, but it's coming out in April in EU. I've also never played Luigi's Mansion, so I don't know if I should get it.

Yeah, I'm already pretty broke haha... there are too many good games coming out this year. I'm debating on whether to preorder Luigi's Mansion or download Fire Emblem... But I also have to save up for New Leaf to ensure that I get it on day 1!

I remember that too. You basically took the words out of my mouth!

I was thinking about getting Brain Training, but it's coming out in April in EU. I've also never played Luigi's Mansion, so I don't know if I should get it.

You can get the Gamecube version fairly cheap, I'd try it out if I were you. It's definitely a good game.

Back