• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases on June 9th in North America, June 14th in Europe

Apparently Australia will be getting the game on June 15th. This is strange because this is a Saturday, and we normally have games out on Thursdays (June 13th). I wonder if they'll bring it to the 13th, or push it back to the 20th.

Be jealous of me! J/K but it is cool right?
ACFan2.jpg

I finish school on Thursdays so I would have like it to be a Thursday because of that.

But I guess it being a Saturday I can get my 3DS XL on Thursday 13 and then transfer my data over and then I could get my brother to drive e on Saturday since he would be working. Works out fine IMO but Thursday would have been better.

I had a look at the other games release dates that were announced that time..Luigi's Mansion (March) and Fire Emblem (April) are both releasing on a Thursday. But then the new PMD game (May) and Animal Crossing (June) will both be Saturday releases. Do you think the Saturday release will now be a more permanent kind of thing with following releases?

I had a look at the other games release dates that were announced that time..Luigi's Mansion (March) and Fire Emblem (April) are both releasing on a Thursday. But then the new PMD game (May) and Animal Crossing (June) will both be Saturday releases. Do you think the Saturday release will now be a more permanent kind of thing with following releases?

Maybe, since they seems to be trying to make more digital/retail games.

Maybe, since they seems to be trying to make more digital/retail games.

It's possible, but then again I don't think digital retail games are doing so well in Australia. Most of the time you can find the same games in store for $10-20 cheaper. I'd say that really there's no underlying meaning in it, Nintendo just decided to launch the games on a Saturday. We'll have to wait and see :p

It's possible, but then again I don't think digital retail games are doing so well in Australia. Most of the time you can find the same games in store for $10-20 cheaper. I'd say that really there's no underlying meaning in it, Nintendo just decided to launch the games on a Saturday. We'll have to wait and see :p

The games cost the same as in store in the USA.
So making a digital copy wouldn't really make much sense if they put out the cartridge here.
I was just saying it might be possible because they are doing the retail/digital versions sometimes.

Anyway, I'm getting a cartridge version of this game because I love having the AC games in my hand and not just on the system.
Sometimes I actually (this is gonna sound weird) sniff the packaging before playing AC games.

They may be doing that now to try to group NA, EU, and AU more closely. That way they could often do this with all of us? At least AU and NA makes sense as both are primarily English. Also I think a Sat. release is awesome. Us Americans are getting Sundays, thus we get one day to enjoy.

I honestly don't think retail will stick to the Saturday release date. It seems illogical. They normally push up Friday release dates to Thursday because it's late night shopping, and they're more likely to sell copies at that time. I really hope they don't all wait until Saturday. I don't want to wait longer than I have to.

It could even be that they release it Saturday since when it's Saturday for us, there is still a lot of Friday to go in Europe.

To be honest, I think the localization excuse is a bunch of crap. Until I am provided with solid proof (the quote from the ND is not proof), I stand by the belief that this is being released when it is due to marketing reasons.

It could even be that they release it Saturday since when it's Saturday for us, there is still a lot of Friday to go in Europe.

Hahah, that's true. Plus our AU Nintendo E-Shop works with the UK one, right? So they'd probably want it to go up at the same time (Friday for them, Saturday for us). Still a bit annoying.

I think I'll be playing it indoors and outdoors. I really hope I'll meet some people via streetpass when I go on vacation. :blush:

I wish I'd had my 3DS when I was going on annual work trips. :p I never travel for pleasure, so it would have been nice to get some streetpasses outside of Alabama. lol

Hehe, got my AS level exam timetable today, all my exams are before the European release, so New Leaf won't interrupt my revision! :D

Back