• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases on June 9th in North America, June 14th in Europe

I never knew people took the "Next" and "This" so seriously. My family always used it as a joke. xP
Okay, well go ahead and look at it like that I guess, I mean this isn't the last Monday before the release so that's why i don't see it. :p

It must be an English thing as Fame understands what Im talking about I thought I was going mad lol but yeah maybe its just the different way you look at the week as she mentioned :)

Edit: yeah i was gonna add that this might be an english thing. Do NA start their week on sunday?

To be honest, I don't even know lol. Some people say they do, others say they don't. I say we don't just because Monday is usually when the normal routine starts up again. Yet, if you look at the calendar, Sunday begins the new week.

Next Sunday is June 2nd. It is the Sunday that comes next. This coming Sunday is Next Sunday, and Next Sunday will be this Sunday.

No it isn't... Its Monday today so this weeks Sunday is June the 2nd. Maybe its an English thing because I would refer to Sunday this week being just 'this Sunday' or just 'Sunday' whereas 'Next Sunday' would be the Sunday after the one that is this week if you see what I mean? So sunday next week is June the 9th

No it isn't. I refer to it this way too and my boyfriend is always like no next Sunday is what I would call (this Sunday). So I would say for example, A week from this Sunday the game comes out. Others say it differently and it can get confusing. Regardless, it doesn't change when the game comes out! So no more arguing, and just excitement! Haha

Last edited:
Next Sunday is June 2nd. It is the Sunday that comes next. This coming Sunday is Next Sunday, and Next Sunday will be this Sunday.

But this Sunday is not Next Sunday, they are two different Sundays. AC:NL comes out in two Sundays so it's not this or next Sunday because they are the same Sunday. I am so confused right now.

Just to throw my tuppence worth in, I would say the the Sunday coming is this Sunday, the one after is next Sunday.

Me too! Guessing it must be an English thing because I wouldn't call this sunday next sunday because it isn't, but anyway it makes it seem not that far away if you say it comes out next week :)

Not all Americans use that. When Sunday is a few days away, I'll go "what're you doing this Sunday?" If I meant it in a past time I would've said "what did you do this last Sunday? And if I'm talking about Sunday of next week, I go "what're you doing next Sunday?"

"What did you do this last Sunday?" is kind of redundant, considering "did" is already pass tense.
So, if you say "What did you do this Sunday?" they'd know you are talking about the previous Sunday and not the next.

Last edited:
Some people are a few fries short of a happy meal. It doesn't matter how its said, it gets the point across. If others say it differently, then that's their choice of words. Just because I decided to add the "this last Sunday" doesn't make my statement redundant.

I'm not saying you're wrong for being redundant, but it is redundant if you're being completely honest with yourself.
That's like me saying "Today, which is Tuesday, was a great 24 hours." And because I choose to refer to any day like that, and no one should have a problem with it, it'd still be redundant.

We were all commenting on how we refer to previous and and following Sundays, and I just put in my two cents like everyone else. I'm not sure if you were referring to me with that "few fries short of a Happy Meal" comment, and if so, I guess I'm sorry for offending you? Even though I wasn't...

Unless you personally feel that you're a few fries short of a happy meal, then that was not towards you. I applied that to the people I actually talk to that are not on the Internet. But no, my statement isn't redundant because I didn't mesh it out like the sentence you provided. If you feel that my sentence is redundant then good for you? It won't stop me from using it. You're pointing out my sentence is redundant so you must have some problem with it, whether you admit it subconsciously or consciously. But anyways, that was my two cents added to the conversation -the post before, not this one- just like everyone else has done.

Pointing it out doesn't mean I have a problem with it, like I mentioned previously. I never said you you should stop using your redundant statement. And yes, my example was exaggerated, but that doesn't change the point I was making.
Your wording is redundant, and that's fine by me. I was just explaining why I don't word the statement the way you do.
Preferences, preferences, preferences.

Then stop calling it redundant. As you said, preferences, preferences, preferences. You didn't need to explain yourself or your sentence structures because I don't care for them :>

But that's what the internet is all about. Sharing and comparing our preferences :D
And it's still redundant :D

Redundant to you. And that's your opinion. Doesn't make it a fact. What you find excessive and needless, others do not. And yeah, that is the point of this specific part of the Internet, but it can be only interesting for so long before the other person becomes boring or the conversation itself becomes dull in itself.

And with that, 10 days & 22 hours before I download this game and become a reclusive hermit for a while >:3

Anyhow.... AUS release is the 15th right, just to keep track of when everyone is getting the game? Sorry if this is already posted somewhere in the past. ~2 weeks left for all of us! :lemon:

16 days and 4 hours. Starting to loose my mind, can't believe how close we are to the launch date :)

Back