• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases on June 9th in North America, June 14th in Europe

About 10 days! yes! Hoping they ship it out earlier like they did with fire emblem! then it might even be 8 days!

Just avoid talking to me during those five days cause I'mma be horrible.
Horrible hooow? By teasing us with screenies and letting us know how great it is? I'm pretty sure I can..

Obama-Deal-With-It.jpg

I ordered my copy off Amazon so I'll have to wait a day or two to get it. :p I wont even bother visiting here until I get my game. That way I can avoid the envy bug.

For those of us getting it online (like me) or are in Europe or Australia, I don't think you need to worry too much about other people getting the game first. 1) It's been out in Japan for many months as it is. There's already lots of people who have it and we don't. 2) Different people play at different speeds. There will be people who get it on day 1 that play tons of hours a day. There will be people who get it on day 1 that can only play for a few hours a week. It doesn't really matter if people get it before or after you due to that.

Question for you guys...

This is my first time ever preordering a video game...I probably haven't bought a new one in like, 3 years, I haven't really had the time or desire in the past few years to play anything, but since i've been an AC series fan/player for so long and obviously since NL is amazing I had to buy it. Anyways, I preordered the bundle online from Gamestop and got the 1 day shipping. I really want to play the game on the release day, and I really want the bundle because I don't have a 3DS yet anyways and it's just too cute. So, my question is...which scenerio do you think would end in my being able to play the game sooner: cancel my online preorder and go to an actual Gamestop store to preorder the bundle at so I can pick it up on release day, or wait for mine to come in the mail? The thing i'm wondering is if it's common for preorders of games to ship early...I preorder new albums and music a lot and very frequently they arrive before the street date. I worry since the release date is a Sunday that I won't get it until Monday, or even worse Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know if it's common for games to ship early so that i'd get it by Saturday or something, so if someone could fill me in on if this happens regularly or not let me know.

Sorry for all of the rambling, but this is obviously a serious decision. :rolleyes: Advice is welcome on what you think I should do! Thanks guys!

Question for you guys...

This is my first time ever preordering a video game...I probably haven't bought a new one in like, 3 years, I haven't really had the time or desire in the past few years to play anything, but since i've been an AC series fan/player for so long and obviously since NL is amazing I had to buy it. Anyways, I preordered the bundle online from Gamestop and got the 1 day shipping. I really want to play the game on the release day, and I really want the bundle because I don't have a 3DS yet anyways and it's just too cute. So, my question is...which scenerio do you think would end in my being able to play the game sooner: cancel my online preorder and go to an actual Gamestop store to preorder the bundle at so I can pick it up on release day, or wait for mine to come in the mail? The thing i'm wondering is if it's common for preorders of games to ship early...I preorder new albums and music a lot and very frequently they arrive before the street date. I worry since the release date is a Sunday that I won't get it until Monday, or even worse Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know if it's common for games to ship early so that i'd get it by Saturday or something, so if someone could fill me in on if this happens regularly or not let me know.

Sorry for all of the rambling, but this is obviously a serious decision. :rolleyes: Advice is welcome on what you think I should do! Thanks guys!
I'd cancel the Online one and make it a In-Store Pre-Order. I honestly think that would allow you to get it the fastest, I wouldn't bank on them sending it out early.

I'd cancel the Online one and make it a In-Store Pre-Order. I honestly think that would allow you to get it the fastest, I wouldn't bank on them sending it out early.

Yeah I'd agree, then anytime after opening time on release day you can pick it up! It'll be less expensive(since 1-day shipping costs more) and worth the drive :)

There was a topic not too long ago saying that In-store pre-orders of the bundle have stopped.
Here is it: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?66824-If-you-want-to-bundle-you-must-get-it-now

So I would keep the pre order even though I'll "miss" a day or two of playing.

Aw, that's a huge bummer. :( I mean I suppose I can still go and check but this makes me pretty doubtful. I'll definitely keep my online preorder until i'm positive.

Yeah I'd agree, then anytime after opening time on release day you can pick it up! It'll be less expensive(since 1-day shipping costs more) and worth the drive :)

Thanks guys, even though it seems like from that post above I won't be able to preorder in-store anymore...if I could, I totally would change it. :( Thanks for your input though!

Edit: Is there any other actual store that's selling preorders of the bundle? I don't have to stick with Gamestop obviously but i'm doubtful that anywhere else will have it on release day...

Last edited:
Somehow the "Connect with others at anytime"-picture makes me soo excited... Reminds me of all the fun I had playing wild world with my online friends...
So soon!

I dreamed I bought New Leaf last night... The store manager even said to breathe deep into its glory...

So... I went into GAME Newcastle today, and they confirmed my suspicions of only recieving enough copies to fulfill pre orders, because it's not a 'big release'... :(

My advice? If you haven't pre ordered, do it NOW.

Back