• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases on June 9th in North America, June 14th in Europe

I just watched it so I'm just glad to finally have a date. Does anyone have an idea what that special ACNL NA feature is? I remember him mentioning a something like he couldn't fully talk about it right then.

Mixed feelings for me. I thought it'd be sooner, but at least it allows me to unlock the last two parts in Mario Kart 7 and finish the 3DS Virtual Console games I downloaded.

June 9th is a Sunday! Which means I'll have the day to play it before work on Monday ^_^

June 9th is a Sunday! Which means I'll have the day to play it before work on Monday ^_^

7 AM when the eshop updates, I'm immediately downloading it and devoting the rest of the week to it. All night, all day, no breaks allowed.

I just watched it, I am a bit disappointed that it's all the way in June, but I'm happy we finally get a release date. I will have to pre-order it soon so It doesn't sell out. I just made a huge eBay purchase, so I'll have plenty of time to save up some money before June 9th.

If the 3DS XL bundle is released her in NA, I will definitely get it. If not, I'll consider getting a normal 3DS XL before the game's release.

June 9th, here we come!! (Or June 14th for Europeans)

7 AM when the eshop updates, I'm immediately downloading it and devoting the rest of the week to it. All night, all day, no breaks allowed.

Actually, retail games have been releasing at midnight on the eShop lately. :) At least Fire Emblem and Paper Mario did.

I'm happy that we finally have a release date for New Leaf. But I pre-ordered the game in December of 2012 expecting a march/April release. now i have to wait until June -_-

June 9th is a few months away, but IT'LL BE WORTH IT! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to Summer break! New leaf fans, UNITE!

Mannnn I've got such a dilemma. Do I pre-order the game online and wait for it to ship when it's released...

Or do I pre-order the game from Gamestop and have to put up with the terrible gamestop right down the road and have to get in a car and drive down there.

This is a big thing for me. On the one hand I get it a little later than everyone else. On the other hand I have to drive. I am terrified of being behind the wheel of a car. ._.

Thoughts..

This is a huuuge double-edged sword for me.
Initially I flipped out at the June 14th date given, it's actually so ridiculous we are getting the game so far after the Japanese release. What is the localisation team DOING? I bet they're just playing the game for fun half the time..

Anyway, my semester ends about a week before that and I will have that month off to play the game, I will be able to have some marathons straight away.

But the fact they've held back both PMD and the Fire Emblem release dates, games I would be interested in playing, is absolute poop.

In regards to the Australian release date I am 80% sure it will be releasing on the 13th on June, a Thursday, when games here are released. I'm pretty sure BW2 was released a day before Europe too.
Remember, generally games released in Australia follow the exact European date quite closely.

But yeah, I'm super bummed that it will be mid year before I get to see the game. Do you think it would be worth emailing nintendo to ask if it would be possible the bundle is coming? I've already convinced myself to get a 3dsxl and download the game, but I don't know if I should be waiting for the bundle or what?

I've actually decided to buy it on the eShop. It'll be way easier to just download it instead of pre-ordering it, and waiting until morning, and going to the store and waiting in line. And what if they run out like they did in Japan? Not gonna risk it. I'll be downloading it at its midnight eShop release and be one of the first to play.

Mannnn I've got such a dilemma. Do I pre-order the game online and wait for it to ship when it's released...

Or do I pre-order the game from Gamestop and have to put up with the terrible gamestop right down the road and have to get in a car and drive down there.

This is a big thing for me. On the one hand I get it a little later than everyone else. On the other hand I have to drive. I am terrified of being behind the wheel of a car. ._.

Often times especially with Amazon you will get it the same day, so there is no loss. Gamestop is terrible overall, and unless you live in a hick country area I am sure that there are private owned game stores that you could be supporting instead. Just a thought :)

Often times especially with Amazon you will get it the same day, so there is no loss. Gamestop is terrible overall, and unless you live in a hick country area I am sure that there are private owned game stores that you could be supporting instead. Just a thought :)

Oh man that's great. Thank you for telling me this!

I wish there were private owned game stores around here. There used to be one down the road but then Gamestop showed up. |: We even lost Blockbuster right after Gamestop showed up.

I want to download it on the eShop, but 1. my internet is really bad, only 25 mbps down (EMPHASIZE THE LOWER CASE b!!! It means bits, not bytes, and bits is really slow) and 2. the eShop will be getting overloaded anyways from all the people downloading the same game at the same time... I wish I could download it but it would probably not work out too well, but not having to worry about losing the physical copy of the game would be pretty cool too! Ah well... I just need to find SOMETHING to hold me over 115 days to wait for June 9th.

Well now that they gave us what the box art looks like, boredom strikes! :D

acnlboxSonicHyuga2.png
(Added "Re-Tail" in there the best I could)
Plus Photobucket resizes this thing to garbage, but oh well.
So >here< is the real thing.

Last edited:
Back