• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases on June 9th in North America, June 14th in Europe

I was waaaay off on the release date, but hey! It's coming soon in 4months! Soooo happy they announced the release<3

I'm not that disappointed. I figured it was going to be released in late May, so I was prepared for a long wait. Even if it's a little longer than I anticipated, it still makes me really happy. Besides, summer is the best season to play Animal Crossing. Four months isn't that long in the scope of things, and if I get bored with Animal Crossing, Pokemon X/Y will be right around the corner.

June has several benefits for me.

Yes overall I am happy cuz we did wait for a long time just to hear a release date so I can't wait to get it! It's close to my birthday but I'm gonna get it before then I don't care lol

I'm slightly disappointed by the late release date, but I'm happy we finally got the release date at last. So I have a mixed bag of feelings. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the XL bundle will be localized as well.

It's annoying how everyone was complaining for a release date and now everyone is complaining about the release date. It's really not that bad. Having it closer would be nice but June is fine.

I am so happy with the release date. Okay it could have been sooner, but now I get the game for my birthday! (which is just before the release date). I have also had a lot of fun reading this entire thread today. It's really great to see so many of you, from so many different age groups looking forward to this game. And nice to see I'm not the only one planning on rearranging my work schedule to play video games! (as she squints over her reading glasses at the computer screen, to make sure nothing is misspelled ;) ) Time for the countdown! Yeah!

I'm happy we got a release date. :c But I wish it would come sooner.
I really didn't expect the release date to be so far away...
June isn't even early.

; v ; I guess I really do need to break out City Folk again to tide me over...
I get so super excited when I see new cute QR clothes on tumblr, though.

Finally, a release date! Would I have liked to get it sooner? Sure, you bet, but now I don't have to sit and wonder when it will be. I'm just glad to have an actual date to put on the calender so that I can start counting it down (metaphorically speaking, of course). ;)

I don't mind the date to be fair. It's in summer so there will be a lot to do and lots of events :)

I only mind because that's 15 days after my birthday. "Early 2013" my butt.
I'm going back to bed...
Don't be hatin'. You know you'd have liked AC:NL for your birthday too. >:[ Let me mope a little.

Well I was expecting sooner but Im just glad to have a date to look forward to now. Best Valentines Day I got today sadly.

I'm glad we finally have a release date. Now I don't have to feel like I'm waiting for something that I'm never going to get. xD

The wait will be so hard on me. Just like way back during the summer before Population Growing was released. If I could stand to wait a whole summer as a kid, I think I can stand to wait a few months as an adult. :p

I am really irritated, we have been waiting over 970 DAYS since they first showed it... I mean really? NOW THEY MAKE US WAIT 4 MORE MONTHS!!! ARRRHBHGHHGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHHHHH!! The only good things about it being in June is that it will be further in the summer where there will be more bugs and stuff on the game... 2nd, it is close to summer vacation and after exams... Yay! 3rd.. I don't really see a third, other than an actual release... Pretty annoyed but at least it is coming out at all in the first place :/ As you can see I am not overly optimistic..

The clerk at EB officially thinks I'm nuts. I went in to pre-order my copy. (Hell no I'm not letting them get sold out.) And he says to me "Just so you know .... we only have a placeholder date for this game."

And I was like "DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE NINTENDO DIRECT, IT'S JUNE 9."

Back