Anime/Video Game Crushes

I actually just remembered, that I used to have a huge crush on Near (Nate River) from Death Note. I still think he's the cutest anime character out there. :love:

a0299c70b8849f46585170ca03f8d31f.jpg

Idk I don't have crushes on fictional characters but Mako from the legend of Korra is pretty hot. Also a fan of Takumi and Owain from the Fire Emblem games.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the 3d and 2D character crushes.

Sure some characters look pretty or handsome, but why are you attracted to a drawing... I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't understand.

Sure some characters look pretty or handsome, but why are you attracted to a drawing... I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't understand.

There could be many reasons. The struggles of a character, their strengths and weaknesses, personality, tragic background, etc.. I honestly didn’t understand for the longest time myself and would not admit that I liked characters in this way for many years.

To me, sometimes I find fictional characters attract me more than actual people. Not only are a lot of characters in anime video games made super attractive but their stories, personality, humanity hit home. Right now, with the exception of the friends I made here, I feel like there is no one else that really understands or even tries to understand what anxiety is or my other mental health issues or try to understand me as a person. At least this is how I view it now.

Last edited:
There could be many reasons. The struggles of a character, their strengths and weaknesses, personality, tragic background, etc.. I honestly didn’t understand for the longest time myself and would not admit that I liked characters in this way for many years.

I won’t lie. Your response is kinda is why I would have normally kept these thoughts to myself and not even made a thread, but I get it since I didn’t understand it myself.

To me, sometimes I find fictional characters attract me more than actual people. Not only are a lot of characters in anime video games made super attractive but their stories, personality, humanity hit home. Right now, with the exception of the friends I made here, I feel like there is no one else that really understands or even tries to understand what anxiety is or my other mental health issues or try to understand me as a person. At least this is how I view it now.

Even now, I still feel embarrassed about this but seeing how others openly talk about waifus/husbandos (I honestly don’t like these terms since they sound silly to me but I will use them occasionallt) thought to try talking about it here.
Fair enough.

I've had anxiety my entire life until several years ago when I was able to control it better. I still occasionally have anxiety, but no where near as bad as before. I couldn't even handle being in a grocery store half of the time... until I finally got my first job... at a grcoery store... ueah that didn't start off well, but being able to stay there for a while helped me improve quite a bit.

I also have a bit of mental illness, but not qs severe as some. The way my mother raised me, I was able to overcome most of it as a grew up.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the 3d and 2D character crushes. Sure some characters look pretty or handsome, but why are you attracted to a drawing... I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't understand.

It's okay to not understand it. My husband and son don't understand why I have my walls plastered with anime posters and my shelves filled with manga, anime-related artbooks and small, medium and large figures of anime guys I like. But they accept it. My husband doesn't read manga or watch anime. But he knows he's still more important to me than my anime crushes because, hey, look who I'm still married to after 30 years. 🤪

Sometimes I like an anime character because he looks cool, acts goofy and has an intriguing backstory. I rarely fall for a character about whom I know nothing. Anime crushes happened much later in my life though, because I didn't become an anime fan until I was in my 30s. Growing up, I had crushes on TV characters. I still recall them with fondness: David McCallum's Illya Kuryakin in Man from U.N.C.L.E., Michael Praed's Robin Hood in Robin of Sherwood, Randolph Mantooth's John Gage in Emergency! and Richard Hatch's Apollo in Battlestar Galactica.

I think people simply have the capacity to be attracted to anything. Even fictitious characters and inanimate objects. We're all weird in some happy way. ♥

None taken, don't worry! c: For me, I guess I'd say it was a natural extension of emotional attachment to characters in general. Everybody has characters they like or dislike for one reason or another, maybe some characters they look up to or want to be more like, etc. We all know they're not real, but (at least if they're well-written) they seem like people. We feel for them when they're struggling and are happy when things go well for them, or when they finally achieve the things they work towards. It's the same for me, except also when I find a character who has all the traits I'd want in an actual, real partner, I'll get a crush on them. A lot of people have crushes on characters they absolutely would not date in real life, but that's not been the case for me, so I can't really speak on that too well. I get that it's a fantasy vs. reality kinda thing though.

And with crushing on fictional characters, it's a fun way to experience the thrills of falling for someone without the risks or troubles of actual dating; neither your nor another person's feelings or safety are at stake. Naturally, the reward element is lower too—my fictional partners have, admittedly, not been a great deal of help when I'm sick or needed an extra set of hands. But my faves do bring me a lot of comfort and happiness, especially when I'm otherwise feeling low. I'm not always the best at reassuring myself (especially when my self-esteem is lacking), but it's easier if I think about it in terms of what they might say or do.

I absolutely adore Rosalina. Ever since playing Super Mario Galaxy as a kid, I've really had a virtual crush on her. I'll play as her any chance I get in a Mario game. She's a beautiful character and I love her graceful style as well as her voice!

oof, let's see...
  • daisy — i loved daisy when i was a kid. i always played as her in mario party, even more than peach LOL. i just loved her a lot, and since sunflower is my favorite flower i guess that's why i liked her a lot.
c160800d397f35afabd201962988e8f6.gif
  • xemnas — okay... i really don't know why i liked this dude in the first place LOL. but honestly, what i liked the most about him was his voiceeeeeeeeee. it's just so deep and ugh lovely. also that im weak for white/silver haired characters too. the last entry of the kingdom hearts series made me fell more in love with him with his weird small arc redemption, so that's that.
c570cd3d46ecb23484e8bec9e5042728.gif
  • xigbar — douche, charming, playful peace of work. again with the voice, man, i have something about VOICES. I DO. i a likeness to scars (hope that's not harmful?) since i have some too, so that's that. this dude always sounded as if he knew more than others, liked to mess around everybody and just disappear after giving us more questions. he always looked careless, so i guess his mysterious character was a plus.
f91f0b597460d38469d4ed03df1b12bb.gif
  • nicholas brown — oh yisus. he's such a cool character. i already knew some sign language, but i actually began to -slowly- learn sign language because of him. his tragic backstory and relationship with botch worick and alex made me more curious about his personality and mannerisms, because i first thought he was going to be the same cold face character in every action anime. luckily, i was wrong!
-Nicolas-Brown-gangsta-42063412-500-281.gif
  • erwin smith — okay, first, im a daisuke onno fan, so liking erwin's characters and ideals AND knowing his voice actor is a huge plusssssss. oh man. some people portray erwin as a selfish bastar d who threw everyone for his own ideals, but we could see his choices made him regretful to the point of seeing himself as the cause of his soldiers' death, thinking they blamed him for what they lived. erwin is a great strategic AND business man :cool: him and mike were my favorites characters from AOT.

d818947211157009a3f1cf1486776a2fe59965e9.gifv

Don't really have any of that, but I do have characters who end up being my favorites of the series. Like in Atla Sokka was one of my favorites because of his tenacity to overcome his shortcomings of being a non-bender, how he often thought quickly on his feet and foiled even the best of the best with his strategies and inventions.

A lot of people took him for granted and brushed off his fight with Zuko as comedy. It was that one short fight during the second episode where he, the lone warrior of his tribe, was the only thing between his family and an entire Fire Nation armada. Yeah he was set up to fail, but what he did wasn't laughable. It was really brave and noble.

Speaking of One Piece and Zorro. I need to start watching the dub again. I know there are a few boxsets have probably been released since my inactivity, so time to start looking and or renting them! Zorro getting lost is just part of his character, like Luffy and food, or Ussop and lying.

Don't really have any of that, but I do have characters who end up being my favorites of the series. Like in Atla Sokka was one of my favorites because of his tenacity to overcome his shortcomings of being a non-bender, how he often thought quickly on his feet and foiled even the best of the best with his strategies and inventions.

A lot of people took him for granted and brushed off his fight with Zuko as comedy. It was that one short fight during the second episode where he, the lone warrior of his tribe, was the only thing between his family and an entire Fire Nation armada. Yeah he was set up to fail, but what he did wasn't laughable. It was really brave and noble.

Speaking of One Piece and Zorro. I need to start watching the dub again. I know there are a few boxsets have probably been released since my inactivity, so time to start looking and or renting them! Zorro getting lost is just part of his character, like Luffy and food, or Ussop and lying.

You should! I need to catch up on the series myself 😅 (I watch the subbed version). Just got tired of skipping through most of an episode because most of it was flashbacks i saw several times already.
oof, let's see...
  • daisy — i loved daisy when i was a kid. i always played as her in mario party, even more than peach LOL. i just loved her a lot, and since sunflower is my favorite flower i guess that's why i liked her a lot.
c160800d397f35afabd201962988e8f6.gif
  • xemnas — okay... i really don't know why i liked this dude in the first place LOL. but honestly, what i liked the most about him was his voiceeeeeeeeee. it's just so deep and ugh lovely. also that im weak for white/silver haired characters too. the last entry of the kingdom hearts series made me fell more in love with him with his weird small arc redemption, so that's that.
c570cd3d46ecb23484e8bec9e5042728.gif
  • xigbar — douche, charming, playful peace of work. again with the voice, man, i have something about VOICES. I DO. i a likeness to scars (hope that's not harmful?) since i have some too, so that's that. this dude always sounded as if he knew more than others, liked to mess around everybody and just disappear after giving us more questions. he always looked careless, so i guess his mysterious character was a plus.
f91f0b597460d38469d4ed03df1b12bb.gif
  • nicholas brown — oh yisus. he's such a cool character. i already knew some sign language, but i actually began to -slowly- learn sign language because of him. his tragic backstory and relationship with botch worick and alex made me more curious about his personality and mannerisms, because i first thought he was going to be the same cold face character in every action anime. luckily, i was wrong!
-Nicolas-Brown-gangsta-42063412-500-281.gif
  • erwin smith — okay, first, im a daisuke onno fan, so liking erwin's characters and ideals AND knowing his voice actor is a huge plusssssss. oh man. some people portray erwin as a selfish bastar d who threw everyone for his own ideals, but we could see his choices made him regretful to the point of seeing himself as the cause of his soldiers' death, thinking they blamed him for what they lived. erwin is a great strategic AND business man :cool: him and mike were my favorites characters from AOT.

d818947211157009a3f1cf1486776a2fe59965e9.gifv

I love Erwin and Daisuke Ono too. I loved how committed Erwin was to finding out more whay was going on behind the scenes. His intellect, schemes (like how he tried his best to pull strings to help with his cause).

I love Levi too and Hiroshi Kamiya. Levi’s aloofness is part of his charm; he can be a bit scary at times but I still absolutely love him and his strength. Can relate so much to how he feels about getting his hands dirty and filthy environments (i’m not into cleaning though lol). . I shipped him with Petra as well (I wouldn’t steal if they were real and she had survived).

lol I'm even farther behind due to the dubbed pacing. But I actually like and have grown used to all of their voices. So making the switch would be way too weird for me to get used to.
I left off where they're on that toxic island with the samurai that was cut up in a bunch of pieces

I’m pretty embarrassed to admit this, but I’ve kind of started a thing for Ferdinand from fe3h. Ever since I started my black eagle route he’s been my favorite. In real life he wouldn’t be my type, but I suppose that’s the fun thing about video games. :)

C0513121-549B-42EB-8B3B-C63752FBEF11.jpeg

I’m pretty embarrassed to admit this, but I’ve kind of started a thing for Ferdinand from fe3h. Ever since I started my black eagle route he’s been my favorite. In real life he wouldn’t be my type, but I suppose that’s the fun thing about video games. :)

Ah! I love him too! I initially thought he was boring, but he grew on me so much and made me laugh so much. ❤ I normally don’t like characters who are really full of themselves or “too noble” but I love him and I think it adds to his charm. I ship him and Edelgard 😋.

I love his friendship with Hubie too 🙂. They’re hilarious together.

You have such good taste in FE characters :); don’t feel embarrassed. I’m with you on this one too. :)

Oh Lord, I have/had a ton. Let's see...
  • Mettaton EX (Undertale)
  • Hau and Gladion (Pokémon Sun and Moon)
  • Raihan (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
  • France (Hetalia)
  • Tamaki Amajiki/Suneater (My Hero Academia)
  • Pretty much all the cranky wolf villagers from Animal Crossing 😅
  • Flick, also from Animal Crossing...

I had a huge crush on Gajeel Redfox from Fairy tail. I remember first watching the Phantom Lord arc, finding his character interesting, and learning about his past. Also I love his character desgin. I really like his bond with Panther lily and Wendy it was always brought a smile to my face.

I have a big one on Miki Sayaka because she's as insecure as me. Plus, I love that she's trying so hard to uphold justice, only to be punished in return.

Probably my favorite magical girl on Madoka Magica.

Back