Rad Heart Balloon
Final Boss Bunny Balloon
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Recently, someone made another video of adding quality of life updates (mind you this is fanmade) to improve the game. A lot of the features make sense and really makes me hope that Nintendo would implement these changes. Sadly, I highly doubt that because they don't want to do that, apparently. Aside from what's being showcased, the video is really well edited and the updates shown look legit. At the same time, there's some humour thrown in there and it's hilarious making it even more worthwhile to watch. In case you didn't see the first one, I'll put it in the spoiler.

The second video:

I'd really like to hear your thoughts about this! Personally, all of these changes are greatly needed but then again, Nintendo probably wouldn't put it in the game which is just illogical. Again, this is a FANMADE video. It's not real and reality is often disappointing.

I started watching the second one and wow there's a lot of great ideas in there. It's a shame most won't ever be added but I guess we can dream.

These videos are so well-made! Their interface design is spot-on. I like that some smaller frustrations were showcased (e.g.: picking up a flower instead of the fruit you wanted to pick up). This happens to me occasionally and I don't think much about it, but lovely to see in action.

Interesting ideas for nook miles tickets. Buying custom design slots make sense as you can upgrade your inventory space the same way. I imagine the shop permit would be harder to add, but I would love to have an open marketplace for people to come shop. Villagers too for that matter.

The tool enhancements are brilliant - especially the tool belt. Half my inventory right now is all spare tools. 😅

Thank you for sharing!

i want and need all these to be real now asap :cry:
edit: forgot to say it'd be cute to get a shed as outdoor storage instead of boxes behind your house.

the only thing that doesn’t seem achievable is the internet being on while the console is in sleep mode, since it can’t do that? correct me if i’m wrong.

Just like the first one, the second one makes me upset that these aren't a thing lol. The cataloging one was probably the biggest one for me. While all these would be nice, I just don't see it happening in ACNH. Maybe in a future game.

some of these ideas are so good and there's literally no reason for them not to be implemented in the actual game. I just imagine AC developers seeing this and being like

iqnppb60qf841.jpg

Alright, where do we start? Some of this would be amazing and the production quality is awesome, but many of these are not going to work.

- Putting open islands on the monitor on the left would require your switch to be constantly checking for this. In the current state, you would still have to go through the whole "wait while we connect you to the internet" (even though you're online) thing. Might as well ask the dodo.

- A less intrusive screen for people heading over is the dream, but I think they have chosen this for a reason. When playing together you are not both on a server, but your switches are connected to each other. This connection is already less than stellar, and letting people continue playing while the host is uploading the entire island over to the passenger seems like a recipe for disaster especially for weaker connections.

I do not see this happen unless they redo the entire online system to run on dedicated servers, and they probably won't rebuild the whole thing from the ground up.

- Terraforming and redecorating are probably locked while you have visitors for similar reasons, or to prevent you from trapping/bullying visitors. Of course you can disconnect yourself, but I bet there are a lot of players that do not know this and they would have a bad time.

- The whole "people can visit your island while your switch is in sleep mode" sounds like they took the concept of that shop (that I personally don't think qualifies as quality of life at all, it seems useless) way too far. Anyway, this cannot work with the way the switch handles sleep mode (it's a system issue) and even if it were possible, your switch would still be the host. This would kill the battery in no time.

- Am I the only one that doesn't kill their ground patterns that often? They also take less than 5 seconds to replace. In any case, I have never accidentally moved furniture. Maybe picked something up a handful of times. Anyway, this seems like a solution that just moves the complications to the process of decorating.

- I would definitely get very annoyed if my character kept going on about my tools being about to break. Probably even more annoyed than by the tools actually breaking. (3 notifications? Why not just one?) I don't think your shovel can even break while you're in the process of hitting a rock, can it?

- You can't just suddenly put boxes behind houses 'for easy access of storage'. Many players will already have things occupying that space so the plot for the house can't just become larger on existing save files.

- Putting icons inside a text bubble is horrible design imo. What would Timmy even be saying? "Seems like you're interested in a billiard table *coughing noises*."?

"Wave 2" 😅 I loved the first video. I'll have to check this one later as well

that’s what it does when you enable the backup tho right??

There is a big difference between letting the switch connect to Nintendo's own servers in sleep mode when it needs to, and letting other systems connect to yours at any time. The last one requires the connection to always be active and is also a security risk.

There is a big difference between letting the switch connect to Nintendo's own servers in sleep mode when it needs to, and letting other systems connect to yours at any time. The last one requires the connection to always be active and is also a security risk.
ah okay, sorry I really don’t understand any of this stuff lol

ah okay, sorry I really don’t understand any of this stuff lol

Basically, if you want other people to be able to go on your island while it is in sleep mode, it would need to be playing the game for them. But the entire point of sleep mode is that your switch does as little as possible so that it doesn't run out of battery. :)

Basically, if you want other people to be able to go on your island while it is in sleep mode, it would need to be playing the game for them. But the entire point of sleep mode is that your switch does as little as possible so that it doesn't run out of battery. :)
ooooh! that make sense, thank you!

Back