• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are there any words that you can't stand?

I don't like sentences starting with "Am I the only one. ." if that counts.

I thought of another one I hate: "stink". It just puts a bad taste in my mouth (figuratively... but also kind of literally). When something smells bad I just say it smells or it's smelly. "Stinky" is even worse. I feel gross typing it lol

i dont like words that feel or taste weird like bulge. gross.

Yes! Despise that word for drinks: they're bloomin' slush puppies.

no theyre slurpies/slushies/icees/snow cones/raspas. i use the first and last ones most.
the name of it is debated like those popsicles in the clear plastic packaging

Last edited:
The word golly and when I ask a question and someone replies with "huh?" those both really send me over the edge. Luckily who the hell uses the first and only idiots use the second anymore so I'm in the clear for now. Anyone who says HUH!? just seems like a 0 point IQ idiot to me, this one girl I knew use to say it out loud and she sounded so stupid you just wanted to smack her, and that's all I hear when people say type it.

This thread needs to be brought back. I also hate the word scallop.

I love British accents, but I can't stand the way they say "literally".
It sounds like li-truh-lee. I hate that.

The word Moist gets me everytime Like I cant even.

I kind of relate to this. It can bug me when I bake something and my mom raves over how moist it is (like yeah that's good, but... pls stop).

The "c" word also bugs me, but it bugs me less when a girl says it.

Moist
anything to do with what comes out of your mouth when you're sick (throw up, puke, vomit, you name it I hate it, it has to do with me being emet)
The /other/ word for a pile of sticks (just like, ew. God this word pisses me the heckie off)

Any of those words that 'chavs' and 'wannabe gangstaz' use.

"init blad"
"sik m8"
"der b bere hedz"
"dats mi biiiird"
etc. etc. etc.

I don't know whether it's the words themselves, the disgusting accent usually accompanied with them, or a mixture of the two.

I also dislike the 'street names' for drugs.
The 'actual names' for them doesn't bother me as everything needs a title (like the word 'cocaine' doesn't bother me...That's what it's called)
...But when people use the 'slang' for it, the name usually just sounds dirty enough anyway...but it also makes me think that the person knows that word for a reason...And that makes me cringe.

I don't understand what's wrong with the word "moist". It could be hoist, altoist, foist, joist, etc.

I don't see the problem, lol.

I don't understand what's wrong with the word "moist". It could be hoist, altoist, foist, joist, etc.

I don't see the problem, lol.

I usually find it's girls that are 'offended' by the word moist :/

It's really annoying because I like moist cake...But I often get shouted at for telling people why I liked my cake.

Roach.

I hate the word roach almost as much as I hate actual roaches. Also, swag. On a more positive note, I find the words cubby and buttercup extremely delightful.

Back