• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you happy with...? PART 6: Your secret beach

Where is your private beach approximately located and would you change it?

• Far left (1) - I like where it is

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Far left (1) - I'd like to move it

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Center left (2) - I like where it is

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • Center left (2) - I'd like to move it

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Exact center (3) - I like where it is

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Exact center (3) - I'd like to move it

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Center right (4) - I like where it is

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Center right (4) - I'd like to move it

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Far right (5) - I like where it is

Votes: 19 10.8%
  • Far right (5) - I'd like to move it

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

SummerHime

Citizen of Time
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
1062-1772-1342
VH2BWuv.png

Since a lot of people have been living on their island for six months, I'm making a series of polls to see how many are still satisfied with their island! I will be covering things that cannot be changed unless you reset the game. Here is a short analysis of the results so far:

Link to this poll
Blue seems to be the most popular airport color, with red being the least. An overwhelming majority of voters consider themselves satisfied with their airport color. Overall, people with yellow airports are more likely to want to change their color than those who have another color. Let's hope Tom Nook eventually gives us other options, like pink, purple or brown!
Link to this poll
Few voters have south & west river mouths, but those people seem to be the most satisfied with their river placement. The most popular river mouth position seems to be south & east. Overall, people with double south river are more likely to want to change to another layout, but then, most people are satisfied with their river mouths and have learned to work around them.
Link to this poll
Peaches seem to be the most popular native fruit, with oranges and cherries following closely behind. Apples are also fairly popular, while pears retain their reputation as one of the least appreciated fruit. As a matter of fact, nearly half of voters who have pear as their native fruit would rather change it, while those who have other fruits seem to be mostly happy with them.
Link to this poll
Most voters would change at least one of their initial flowers. Overall, people are usually more satisfied with their native flower than their sister flower. Sister flowers, which are based on starting month, do not see much diversity, since most people started playing in either march or april. Native flowers, which are based on the resident representative's birth month, have more variety.
Link to this poll
Most have made peace with the location of their main buildings. Among those who would like to option move them, Resident Services seems to be the biggest priority. A good number of people reported that their Airport is almost aligned with Resident Services, but not quite. Being able to move either building one or two space would solve the problem for many.

Next up is secret beach!

The secret beach is where everyone's favorite cousin Redd docks his boat, and is located at the back of your island. While you can terraform around it, this private area cannot be moved and is set the moment you pick your map.

UDEZX66.jpg

What is the position of your secret beach? If you could move it, where would you relocate it? Have you terraformed around it, either by flattening the ground leading up to it or by adding stairs? Do you decorate this area, or only use it when Redd visits?

FB5NDAA.jpg

When I was resetting my island, I wanted everything to be aligned in the center: airport, resident services and secret beach. However, I found a layout that I liked that had everything I wanted except a centered private beach, so I decided to go with it. I eventually realized that if my private beach had been in the middle, I would never have been able to design my island the way I wanted to. What was initially a slight disappointment turned into a blessing, and I'm now very happy with my secret beach being at the far left of my island.

What about you?​

My secret beach is over at A5. Originally I can't remember where it was on my first island but with the recent update I've actually noticed the thing again. To be honest I'm still struggling to figure out what to do with it, it being on the far right however is great! My island naturally generated with 3 waterfalls and it falls smack dab right in the middle of two of em'. Good placement, just wish the area was a bit larger to fit in those giant furniture pieces.

Arctin has its beach on the middle-right region. It’s alright and I know my parents love it so I wouldn’t change it...

...because the orientation I REALLY wanted is on Evwirt. I love it square in the middle! It’s one of the main reasons why I chose that map.

I never really paid much attention to the fact that your secret beach can have different locations. Mines in the center. It would have been nice to have it a bit off center but at the same time I have tier 3 cliffs naturally on both sides of my island and I didn’t want to do any major terraforming in order to put a ramp down to my beach. So in the end center is probably best for my island.

Mine is on the far right. I kind of wish it was closer to the center, but it doesn’t bother me that much. I put my house on the 2nd level cliff in front of it and the 3rd level cliff is my deck area. I don’t terraform my island, so the secret beach is only accessible by ladder or swimming.

I have mine on A2 according to your diagram (on the actual map; its A3) I was confused when referencing at first but no biggie. Left next to center.
secret_map.png

That's another thing I wasn't looking for specifically when I chose the map. I just care about cliffs and rivers. Though, adding in that ramp was the most painful experience so far because of how much the game yelled at me that it would cause 50 worst case scenarios, lol.

My secret beach is center left, and I like it where it is. I don't think I'd like it as much in the other spots

If I could have moved it back when my island was less developed I would have. Now it would be a nightmare to move [location 4] but I just adore how location 1 on my wife's and location 5 in my friends islands have been worked in.

I think it's fine where it is now (center right). I did have a lot of trouble trying to decide if I wanted access to be from ground level or with a ramp or if I was ok with using a ladder to get down to it anyway. Right now there's a hidden ramp that leads down to it and you would only know that ramp was there if I told you or you looked at my map.

If I could move it I would have it on the far right and incorporate my campsite and have a path hidden behind the cliffs leading to it. There was a glitch a while back where your character could phase through a single block waterfall and I would love if it something like that was real.

Mine's in the exact center. For the longest time, I just had a couple of shells & some sand art there.
I finally put some stairs in a couple weeks ago. 😅
Will put out some pirate decor as I get it, but otherwise it's just a spot to visit the con artist Redd. 🤣

mine's exact center and i love it exactly where it is! i feel like this is the the only part of my island I'm totally happy with. my sister constantly mentions how jealous she is that mine is exactly in the center lol

Mine is smack bang in the middle. At first I didn't really like it, but it's growing on me and I have figured out a cute way to decorate around it.

I wasn't about to reset my entire island just because that, so I kept it and made it work.

If I was ever to reset though, I would probably want it too be in the A5 spot.

Mines right to the far left and I didn’t mind it, up until I started terraforming and found that it was hard to terraform anything to the left of it it’s just a lump of cliff that I have no idea what to do with

Mine is in the center and I wouldn’t change it. I haven’t decorated it with anything though and didn’t build a ramp either, so if you want to get to it you have to use a ladder, lmao. It’s not really a necessity for me tbh and I would be fine if it didn’t exist at all.

from memory I believe mine is A2. this is a detail I initially didn't notice varied between islands. I'm good with mine but I'd have been fine with any!

My secret beach is located on the far right of the island. I'm happy with its location, since it's right by Vic's house. Vic's design is inspired by vikings and his house's interior design is based on a ship out at sea, so I surrounded his house with blue roses to sort of give the impression of the house itself being a ship sailing the ocean. As such, since Redd shows up to our secret beach in his Treasure Trawler boat as well, it's like my island has a fairly bustling, unofficial third port. It's a nice little nautical area and I don't think it could've worked better being located anywhere else.

Last edited:
Mine is mid/right, and it took me a while to figure out how to work with it. It generated behind the cliffs and by the time I figured out that the secret beach was even a thing (and before it had a purpose) it was a bit too late to build an access ramp there or to lower the terrain in front of it.

I ended up digging out a hidden path leading up to it from the upper right corner of my island, over some flat rocks and right onto the beach. I love it that way, makes it feel more hidden and gives me a reason to go to that corner of my island every now and then. :D

1601724017266.png

Back