• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is there any way I can undo when I marked every thing as read accidentally? I clicked the wrong thing and now it thinks that I've read every forum and I don't really like it, but I can live with it if there's no way to reverse it :/
If there's a new post on the subforum, it will re-mark itself as unread. Give it a few days and it should all return to normal.

No it does not count at all sadly :( I am sure of it because i would have gotten at least the Silver badge by now that way

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes it turns blank, the design you selected for the refurbished items changes along with the space corresponding for it. For example when you draw a black line on it the black line will be on your furniture too. This is what my friend says at least so i am not sure, why don?t you test it?

Thanks for explaining! I'll probably test it soon.

Does anyone know if haircuts you get in other people's towns, count towards the 15 you need to unlock other-genders cuts in your own shampoodles?

Last edited:
I haven't played with one of my side characters in months and her birthday is in a week or so. When I play as him again, will the villagers he used to have maximum friendship with be the ones at the party? Or do friendship levels really reset (I've read this though I've never noticed it from my interactions with villagers, they seem to go back to the usual level or just slightly below it) so that it'll be random villagers? How do I get his two best friends to be the ones at the party, will just talking to them a bit more be enough?

Last edited:
I haven't played with one of my side characters in months and her birthday is in a week or so. When I play as him again, will the villagers he used to have maximum friendship with be the ones at the party? Or do friendship levels really reset (I've read this though I've never noticed it from my interactions with villagers, they seem to go back to the usual level or just slightly below it) so that it'll be random villagers? How do I get his two best friends to be the ones at the party, will just talking to them a bit more be enough?

I think it might be slightly below.. maybe.. since we can't see the friendship in a gauge or on a scale we can't check for sure xD well, since you still have few days before her/his birthday, maybe log on that character and talk to the villagers and do few favors for them before the actual birthday? c: and maybe send letters with presents each day too.. (I usually just send them perfect fruits lol)

Last edited:

The friendship level with your villagers won`t reset, just talk to them before the birthday, so you are on speaking terms with them again.

I think it might be slightly below.. maybe.. since we can't see the friendship in a gauge or on a scale we can't check for sure xD well, since you still have few days before her/his birthday, maybe log on that character and talk to the villagers and do few favors for them before the actual birthday? c: and maybe send letters with presents each day too.. (I usually just send them perfect fruits lol)

Thank you! I'll do that.

The friendship level with your villagers won`t reset, just talk to them before the birthday, so you are on speaking terms with them again.

That's good to know, thank you!

Quick question about the turnip prices.. So I know that turnip price changes at 12 p.m. Is that price set for the whole day?? Like on this day morning price will be 100 bells and evening it will be 300 bells?

Right now I have a high spike at 527 and it's in the morning @ like 10 a.m. So if I play and save after 12 pm, the turnip price will change.. But if I change the time back to 9 a.m. Would Reese buy the turnips at the same price (at 527) that she was buying for, in the morning??

Since tomorrows Sunday, I might try to keep the same price til tomorrow.. Can I still play through the day and when I'm letting people come over just change the time to the morning? Or no just stay between 9-12? ;__; hope my question makes sense xD

When does Chip's tent leave the plaza? I remember that sometime during midnight after the fishing tourney, Chip's tent will leave, and you can put up PWPs.

When does Chip's tent leave the plaza? I remember that sometime during midnight after the fishing tourney, Chip's tent will leave, and you can put up PWPs.

I guess that happens at 6 am the next day, that is when everything gets reset!

Hi just want to clarify that if I have 9 villagers I can get the 10th from a friend's village and not only the campsite or at random?

Yes, you can. The tenth villager will never be a random move-in, though. To get a tenth villager, they either need to be successfully invited while they're camping in your town, invited from another player's town while they are packed up and ready to move, or gotten from the "void" of a player you've connected with recently (either directly or through Streetpass).

EDIT: However, you cannot invite a villager that has recently moved out from your own town (among the last 16 villagers to move out).

Last edited:
Yes, you can. The tenth villager will never be a random move-in, though. To get a tenth villager, they either need to be successfully invited while they're camping in your town, invited from another player's town while they are packed up and ready to move, or gotten from the "void" of a player you've connected with recently (either directly or through Streetpass).

EDIT: However, you cannot invite a villager that has recently moved out from your own town (among the last 16 villagers to move out).

Awesome thanks for the info! :)

When doing the diving reset trick, no one pings after a while... what do i do when no one starts to ping? do i just increase the amount of time i'm in the water for? or should i save and quit then start over again?

When doing the diving reset trick, no one pings after a while... what do i do when no one starts to ping? do i just increase the amount of time i'm in the water for? or should i save and quit then start over again?

Every hour or so, you have to talk to a villager to get the "take a break" conversation. After that, you can continue getting pings again, though you'll have to find another villager to get the next ping.

Does anyone know if haircuts you get in other people's towns, count towards the 15 you need to unlock other-genders cuts in your own shampoodles?

To add to this... does it count if you get the same haircut but dye it differently each time?

Can you get villager pics on April Fools on all your characters in your game, or just once on one character? (Like, for example, would I be able to get Punchy's picture four times?)

Can you get villager pics on April Fools on all your characters in your game, or just once on one character? (Like, for example, would I be able to get Punchy's picture four times?)

You can get them on all your characters.

No Blanca will move from house to house and will copy every villager once, you will eventually get Blanca's picture if you choose all the correct answers though!

Back