• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I was wondering how villager trading actually works, there doesn't seem to be an explanation of the process in the villager trading plaza. For example if I wanted to sell a villager of mine, how does that happen?

When your villager is about to move out and is "in boxes" (his or her house is full of boxes then) someone from another town can talk to they villager and they will eventually ask if they could move in your town.

hey anyone :eek: I seem to being having a really dumb moment rn, I can't work out why these two bushes don't grow?

zlCfzTICMJEIx7uZTb.jpg

I know they have to be done left to right, but there's no tree blocking them on the right :confused:

Last edited:
On the subject of villager trading, if I have 10 villagers with one in boxes, and someone comes by to adopt my moving villager, is there any way I could prevent a random move in from the other player's void? Do I have to wait until my 10th is completely gone from my town before I can adopt another one?

On the subject of villager trading, if I have 10 villagers with one in boxes, and someone comes by to adopt my moving villager, is there any way I could prevent a random move in from the other player's void? Do I have to wait until my 10th is completely gone from my town before I can adopt another one?

The villager's house must be completely gone from your town, yes. It seems the best way to prevent a move in is simply starting the next day with a new character to check for a move in. If there is, quit without saving and start again in the same way with a new character until no move in appears. Once you're absolutely sure a move in isn't hiding somewhere, save with your new character. Now you can safely start with your mayor and adopt another villager.

Last edited:
Sorry if this already on here, but can you get the gold insect catching badge by using the infinite bug glitch?

Sorry if this already on here, but can you get the gold insect catching badge by using the infinite bug glitch?

~What is the infinite bug glitch? Please tell me! I am curious about it now lol

It's a glitch you do with your net. You can glitch underground and keep catching the same exact bug you catch on the beach. So after you've caught it once, all you have to do is keep pressing A.

It's a glitch you do with your net. You can glitch underground and keep catching the same exact bug you catch on the beach. So after you've caught it once, all you have to do is keep pressing A.

Oh i found it, what an odd glitch. I think that it should work but i do not know how the game counts the bugs, maybe it won't register your catch because it's a glitch. Hmmm i honestly have no idea!

related to gold bug catching badges (and fish/deep sea creatures), do ones caught during tours count for it?

I know it doesn't count for the encyclopedia, but if I can double up grinding for the gold medal badge with this stuff it'd be cool

related to gold bug catching badges (and fish/deep sea creatures), do ones caught during tours count for it?

I know it doesn't count for the encyclopedia, but if I can double up grinding for the gold medal badge with this stuff it'd be cool

I don't think so but I could be wrong since I've never tested it.

What happens if you delete the patterns you've used to make custom stuff? It turns blank, right? Can you swap custom items between human characters by dropping them?

I know if you remove clothing from the Able Sisters display, villagers will still be wearing it with the design and all. so I think it might be something similar to that? where the design on the object stays until you refurbish again

I know if you remove clothing from the Able Sisters display, villagers will still be wearing it with the design and all. so I think it might be something similar to that? where the design on the object stays until you refurbish again

I thought it turned white, now I'm pretty confused! I hope someone can confirm this. Thanks!

No it does not count at all sadly :( I am sure of it because i would have gotten at least the Silver badge by now that way

- - - Post Merge - - -

What happens if you delete the patterns you've used to make custom stuff? It turns blank, right? Can you swap custom items between human characters by dropping them?

Yes it turns blank, the design you selected for the refurbished items changes along with the space corresponding for it. For example when you draw a black line on it the black line will be on your furniture too. This is what my friend says at least so i am not sure, why don?t you test it?

Is there any way I can undo when I marked every thing as read accidentally? I clicked the wrong thing and now it thinks that I've read every forum and I don't really like it, but I can live with it if there's no way to reverse it :/

Back