• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask Delphine what the meaning of life is

That first sentence killed me. And yes, sorry, I am an unholy being that hates all types of cheese... EXCEPT on pizzas. It is bearable because it doesn't have a strong taste. And cheesecake is... not... that... great to me...
I am sorry I failed you.
Well, I would not say an unholy being, but certainly a peerless monstrosity that—

Just kidding.

And sorry if I gave the impression of wanting to put you down for not liking cheese; rather than being my intention, I was just poking fun.

I'll take note of it, thank you very much! So, can I watch random episodes, and still understand the plot? The only thing I know about the show is that the Doctor's body and personality can change every new season. Always thought I'd had to go through the entire show to understand... I'll check these episodes out!
I would say some episodes certainly stand better on their own than others. There have been a few episodes that are heavy on references and 'arc' from previous episodes, especially older episodes, but fortunately for the new viewer the new episodes are more stand alone.

Well, I would not say an unholy being, but certainly a peerless monstrosity that—

Just kidding.

And sorry if I gave the impression of wanting to put you down for not liking cheese; rather than being my intention, I was just poking fun.

Hehe, don't worry I know. No need to be sorry :) It made me laugh for a good five minutes (I don't need much...).

Zulehan said:
I would say some episodes certainly stand better on their own than others. There have been a few episodes that are heavy on references and 'arc' from previous episodes, especially older episodes, but fortunately for the new viewer the new episodes are more stand alone.

Oh okay then, I will see them! Thank you for the info.
But right now, I will watch Sin City. I'm 99% sure I'll love it n_n

Ooh, would definitely like to hear your thoughts on Sin City. Of the several stories in that movie, I much preferred the one with Marv. I wonder if I will like the sequel, A Dame to Kill For. After all, it's still got Marv, with the addition of Powers Boothe from Deadwood, a show about a power struggle in a start-up mid-western American town that he was an absolute powerhouse in.

Last edited:
Ooh, would definitely like to hear your thoughts on Sin City. Of the several stories in that movie, I much preferred the one with Marv. I wonder if I will like the sequel, A Dame to Kill For. After all, it's still got Marv, with the addition of Powers Boothe from Deadwood, a show about a power struggle in a start-up mid-western American town that he was an absolute powerhouse in.

It's a masterpiece! Very similar to Watchmen, which I truly loved (saw it again the other day, man that movie... the lights are so beautiful it makes my eyes wet; not exagerating). The one with Marv is awesome, but I think I prefer The Yellow *******. Shooting a child raper in the nuts? Gets me every time. Seeing a pedophile's face get crushed? Makes me smile. Tomorrow I will go see the 2nd volume in theaters; can hardly wait :D

Do you believe that light can lead you through a labyrinth, as long as you follow it?

If it's not Voldemort's light, then yes, you may.
(Not Voldemort the mod, Voldemort the character :p)

Last edited:
Do you believe in the Kubler Ross: 5 stages of grief theory?

I don't know about it; I should check it out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know about it; I should check it out.

Nevermind, silly me. Of course I know it.
Never experienced death before. I'm lucky in that regard.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Always great to see Bruce Willis in action, but the yellow guy just grosses me out.

I really wonder how he smells, though.

The stages of grief are, in this order,

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Otherwise spelt as DABDA for short. What people apparently go through when they meet with death.

Have you ever had a rabbit as a pet?

No, never. Only cats and fishes... I've always wanted to have a dog, though. Or a hamster. Rabbits look super cute but I don't know, I wouldn't want one in my house :/

Are you most interested in a particular breed of dog? Would you be super happy with a Welsh corgi? Would a chihuahua be fine?

I have an Aussie / Dalmatian and the other is a Basenji. Have to say, though, that since my Basenji, Cinnamon, is so fat, he looks like a walking carpet rather than one of those 'fit' Basenji you see when doing a Google search. On the other hand, my Aussie, Max, is in great shape. Both dogs are really friendly, though Max is the more 'aggressive': if you pet Cinnamon, he intervenes right away, as the attention should be all his.

Are you most interested in a particular breed of dog? Would you be super happy with a Welsh corgi? Would a chihuahua be fine?

There are some races that I especially love, such as the Maltese (aka 'Grandma's little doggy'), the Siberian Husky, and I have a thing for the Pomenarian (SO FLUFFY!). I love all dogs really, but since I don't have a garden, I feel like a dog would feel sad in an appartment in the city, not being able to run and play outside very often, hence why I don't own one :(

Welsh corgies are adorable, and although I'm not a huge fan of chihuahuas, I find them cute.

Zulehan said:
I have an Aussie / Dalmatian and the other is a Basenji. Have to say, though, that since my Basenji, Cinnamon, is so fat, he looks like a walking carpet rather than one of those 'fit' Basenji you see when doing a Google search. On the other hand, my Aussie, Max, is in great shape. Both dogs are really friendly, though Max is the more 'aggressive': if you pet Cinnamon, he intervenes right away, as the attention should be all his.

Aww having two dogs sounds so cool ;-; And you're lucky to have a Dalmatian, these dogs are soo beautiful! I googled 'Basenji', not a big fan but imagining yours being fat is funny n_n

There are some races that I especially love, such as the Maltese (aka 'Grandma's little doggy'), the Siberian Husky, and I have a thing for the Pomenarian (SO FLUFFY!). I love all dogs really, but since I don't have a garden, I feel like a dog would feel sad in an appartment in the city, not being able to run and play outside very often, hence why I don't own one :(
Aw. I am glad you can still have cats, though, as I heard of some apartments not allowing any pets at all.

When I looked up Maltese, the first dog I saw looked like one of those epic beards that monks wear in those old and cheesy Kung-Fu movies, heh.

Aww having two dogs sounds so cool ;-; And you're lucky to have a Dalmatian, these dogs are soo beautiful! I googled 'Basenji', not a big fan but imagining yours being fat is funny n_n
Heh, yeah, Cinnamon looks like a wooden chest with fur.

Ever listened to Van Morrison, Curtis Mayfield, or The Animals?

No other reason I selected those three except for them being my morning playlist.

Ever listened to Van Morrison, Curtis Mayfield, or The Animals?

No other reason I selected those three except for them being my morning playlist.

Absolutely never, although those names do ring a bell. I feel like an ignorant x)
Any songs/albums in perticular you would recommend?

Absolutely never, although those names do ring a bell. I feel like an ignorant x)
Any songs/albums in perticular you would recommend?
I hope to buy their albums when I have money. In the mean time, songs I might recommend include Van Morrison's 'Into the Mystic,' Curtis Mayfield's 'People Get Ready,' and The Animals' 'The House of the Rising Sun.'

These songs are American classics. 'The House of the Rising Sun' was popularized by the English rock band The Animals, but the earliest known recording of the song dates several decades earlier to the Appalachian region in the States, and has a more mellow, folk feel. 'People Get Ready' continued the social-awareness tradition of folk in the States in the tumultuous 60s. As for 'Into the Mystic,' it is the epitome of hypnotizing, mid-tempo 60s-70s folk rock by a Northern Irish musician who moved to the States.

Last edited:
Back