• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask Delphine what the meaning of life is

It still has a little bit of love. Doesn't mean it's a bump full of hatred...

*Gives the bump love* They need to be full of love!

You know that the name Delphine appears in Skyrim?

Ah, so spaghetti is not good for your digestion, if I correctly read.

I just have a problem putting very long food in my mouth. It gets messy and it's unbearable to watch me eat spaghetti... For my friends' and family's sakes, I avoid eating some.
Something feels wrong about those sentences.

Zulehan said:
What is your favorite cheese?

Cheese is also my enemy. I hate every type of cheese. I can tell you that it's hard to live in France when you don't like cheese :(

Zulehan said:
Have you been watching Doctor Who?

One of those shows I've always wanted to watch... But I wouldn't know where to start. It started a while ago in the 60s if I'm correct and it just seems like such a big thing to get into. If you watch Doctor Who, would you have any advice on where I should begin?

Hi how are ya'?

Hi! I'm okay, thanks :) A little hungry though.

Would you kindly voice your opinion on my quotes? If I asked you this before,, I added two new ones.

You never asked before so I will start commentating right now :)

"Everyone lies once, but lies teach you nothing but darkness." - Sparro.

Hmm though I agree that 'lying is bad', you can actually learn a lot from lies. Lies can help you trick someone into telling you the truth. But lying for lying is stupid.

"Love, love, love, it makes me fall to my knees and my heart pounds. The name of my lover sticks in my mind like bubblegum. I would love to love." ~ Sparro

Heh that's cute :) I would love to love, too *sigh*

"Try as hard as you can. If you give up, then what was the point of trying in the first place?" - Sparro.

Applause! The value of effort is very, very dear to my heart.

"Love burns brighter then any flame." - Sparro.

I wouldn't know. I've never loved and been loved *cries*

"Time has limits, and you should be limitless." - Sparro.

Nice one :)

I just have a problem putting very long food in my mouth. It gets messy and it's unbearable to watch me eat spaghetti... For my friends' and family's sakes, I avoid eating some.
Something feels wrong about those sentences.
How about a different pasta?

Cheese is also my enemy. I hate every type of cheese. I can tell you that it's hard to live in France when you don't like cheese :(

You speak madness, woman. Not even Port Salut? Parmigiano-Reggiano?

... Cheesecake?

One of those shows I've always wanted to watch... But I wouldn't know where to start. It started a while ago in the 60s if I'm correct and it just seems like such a big thing to get into. If you watch Doctor Who, would you have any advice on where I should begin?
I would have a hard time choosing the 'best' episodes; I have seen a few of the older ones, but not enough to select my opinion of the cr?me de la cr?me. So instead here are a few recent favorites, starting with the two most recent, then in random order: 'Time Heist' (just aired this week, in fact, and had a decent review posted of it here: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/doctor-who-time-heist-209477), 'The Doctor's Wife,' 'Blink,' 'The Girl in the Fireplace,' 'Silence in the Library,' 'Human Nature,' 'The Family of Blood,' 'Utopia,' and 'Midnight.'

And you can watch many of these on Netflix, or otherwise online.

'Blink' would be a particularly good start since it is a strong 'stand-alone' episode; i.e., a decent episode that could have been from any series about time travel, and the viewer does not need to know anything about Doctor Who. There are these weeping angel statues that are actually carnivorous lifeforms. To get rid of them, the main protagonist for the episode picks up clues left behind by a stranded time traveler.

Short descriptions:

Time Heist. A classic bank heist plot with some time travel thrown in. The Doctor, our time traveling main protagonist, wants to break into the most secure bank in human history, which requires everyone on his team (including himself) having their memory wiped up to the point they enter the bank. Turns out there is a humanitarian reason for infiltrating the bank. Also, the main antagonist feeds on your thoughts: the more you think, the easier he feeds.

The Doctor's Wife. The Doctor is lured to an small planet by a malicious entity who wants his time machine. On this planet, he meets a most charismatic and eccentric woman who he actually knows quite well, and who is the answer to him escaping the grasp of his host.

The Girl in the Fireplace. The Doctor happens upon a derelict space ship that inexplicably has a vintage fireplace that acts a 'time portal' into 1700s France, where he meets Reinette. The androids who own the ship had gone to 1700s France intending to use Reinette for some purpose related to repairing their ship.

Silence in the Library. A massive, abandoned library that takes up a whole planet is infested with carnivorous lifeforms that mimic shadows. And the library is kept operating by a young girl and a doctor.

Human Nature / The Family of Blood. The Doctor is hiding in Victorian era Europe and has made himself human to throw off an alien family that has been pursuing him. The plan is to eventually become a Time Lord again and retake his ship, but this becomes problematic when his new identity does not want to surrender his existence, especially with the life he has made for himself.

Utopia. After traveling into the far, far future when humanity is planning its last hope to prolong its existence in a 'dying' universe, The Doctor comes across an old enemy who shares his likeness.

Midnight. On a planet where the inhabitants must constantly be shielded from its brutal surface, The Doctor takes a shuttle ride with human passengers to visit one of the marvels of the planet, but when the shuttle is stopped mid-way toward its destination, it falls prey to a life-form that takes over its host and slowly learns to become more like it.

Last edited:
How about a different pasta?

Other types of pasta fit in my mouth, luckily.

Zulehan said:

You speak madness, woman. Not even Port Salut? Parmigiano-Reggiano?

... Cheesecake?

That first sentence killed me. And yes, sorry, I am an unholy being that hates all types of cheese... EXCEPT on pizzas. It is bearable because it doesn't have a strong taste. And cheesecake is... not... that... great to me...
I am sorry I failed you.

Zulehan said:
I would have a hard time choosing the 'best' episodes; I have seen a few of the older ones, but not enough to select my opinion of the cr?me de la cr?me. So instead here are a few recent favorites, starting with the two most recent, then in random order: 'Time Heist' (just aired this week, in fact, and had a decent review posted of it here: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/doctor-who-time-heist-209477), 'The Doctor's Wife,' 'Blink,' 'The Girl in the Fireplace,' 'Silence in the Library,' 'Human Nature,' 'The Family of Blood,' 'Utopia,' and 'Midnight.'

And you can watch many of these on Netflix, or otherwise online.

'Blink' would be a particularly good start since it is a strong 'stand-alone' episode; i.e., a decent episode that could have been from any series about time travel, and the viewer does not need to know anything about Doctor Who. There are these weeping angel statues that are actually carnivorous lifeforms. To get rid of them, the main protagonist for the episode picks up clues left behind by a stranded time traveler.

Short descriptions:

Time Heist. A classic bank heist plot with some time travel thrown in. The Doctor, our time traveling main protagonist, wants to break into the most secure bank in human history, which requires everyone on his team (including himself) having their memory wiped up to the point they enter the bank. Turns out there is a humanitarian reason for infiltrating the bank. Also, the main antagonist feeds on your thoughts: the more you think, the easier he feeds.

The Doctor's Wife. The Doctor is lured to an small planet by a malicious entity who wants his time machine. On this planet, he meets a most charismatic and eccentric woman who he actually knows quite well, and who is the answer to him escaping the grasp of his host.

The Girl in the Fireplace. The Doctor happens upon a derelict space ship that inexplicably has a vintage fireplace that acts a 'time portal' into 1700s France, where he meets Reinette. The androids who own the ship had gone to 1700s France intending to use Reinette for some purpose related to repairing their ship.

Silence in the Library. A massive, abandoned library that takes up a whole planet is infested with carnivorous lifeforms that mimic shadows. And the library is kept operating by a young girl and a doctor.

Human Nature / The Family of Blood. The Doctor is hiding in Victorian era Europe and has made himself human to throw off an alien family that has been pursuing him. The plan is to eventually become a Time Lord again and retake his ship, but this becomes problematic when his new identity does not want to surrender his existence, especially with the life he has made for himself.

Utopia. After traveling into the far, far future when humanity is planning its last hope to prolong its existence in a 'dying' universe, The Doctor comes across an old enemy who shares his likeness.

Midnight. On a planet where the inhabitants must constantly be shielded from its brutal surface, The Doctor takes a shuttle ride with human passengers to visit one of the marvels of the planet, but when the shuttle is stopped mid-way toward its destination, it falls prey to a life-form that takes over its host and slowly learns to become more like it.

I'll take note of it, thank you very much! So, can I watch random episodes, and still understand the plot? The only thing I know about the show is that the Doctor's body and personality can change every new season. Always thought I'd had to go through the entire show to understand... I'll check these episodes out!

How about my new new one?
I hate cheesecake. (Not my thread XD Oops)

"See through the smoke and find the one you love." - Sparro.

Don't judge on appearances - very true.

"The light will lead you through the labyrinth, but only if you follow it." - Sparro.

Take the best from everything and everyone; 'the end justifies the means' - very true.

Back