• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask Delphine what the meaning of life is

Just some cookies and those chocolate sticks :/ That's all they import here. But I did visit their factory three years ago and it was great :D

Man, that must suck! You're missing out on the glorious Bourneville ;^; regards.
Two other questions:
-what does "tomber amoureux" mean? I'm pretty sure it means "dead loved one" but I need you to confirm this
-Can you give me the grammatical all-clear for my user title? Or is there something wrong? D:

Man, that must suck! You're missing out on the glorious Bourneville ;^; regards.
Two other questions:
-what does "tomber amoureux" mean? I'm pretty sure it means "dead loved one" but I need you to confirm this
-Can you give me the grammatical all-clear for my user title? Or is there something wrong? D:

Tomber amoureux is 'to fall in love' :) And yup it's all good, except maybe that in French we separate words from dots, except the final dot (.). Like, in English, it would be: like this, right? En fran?ais, c'est comme ?a ; comme ?a ! Ou comme ?a ? Et pas comme ?a!

Hope that's clear enough XD

Tomber amoureux is 'to fall in love' :) And yup it's all good, except maybe that in French we separate words from dots, except the final dot (.). Like, in English, it would be: like this, right? En fran?ais, c'est comme ?a ; comme ?a ! Ou comme ?a ? Et pas comme ?a!

Hope that's clear enough XD

Ahhh! Okay, I get it now! So "Voulez-vous en rose ?"="Would you like a rose?"

(Also, the direct translation for "voyou le" is "hooligan" xD that sounds much more fun than "thug", "hooligan" is the word old ladies use to describe us youngsters lol)

Do you speak any other languages? Even if you don't, fluency in both French and English is impressive! *claps*

Ahhh! Okay, I get it now! So "Voulez-vous en rose ?"="Would you like a rose?"

(Also, the direct translation for "voyou le" is "hooligan" xD that sounds much more fun than "thug", "hooligan" is the word old ladies use to describe us youngsters lol)

Haha yeah 'voyou' is also something only old ladies would say XD Younger people (such as myself :>) say more stuff like 'racaille' or the verlan for it, 'caillera' n_n

Yay Delphine you just need one more Togepi egg :D <3

Yayyyy let's celebrate :D

Do you speak any other languages? Even if you don't, fluency in both French and English is impressive! *claps*

A tiiiiny bit of Spanish (I guess I could have a conversation with someone but nothing very elaborated). I want to learn Japanese though, and focus on learning English even better. I would like to speak English as well as I speak my native language (= be able to read ancient English and still understand it). I still have a long way to go but your words are a motivation, thank you very much n_n

Cats or dogs?

More dogs even though I never had a dog, that said I get along well with both. I love cats dearly but have always wanted to have a dog >__<

* ancient English sounds wrong lol, more 'old English' XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cats are the best babe :)

My cat is fat and stupid, but I love him more than anything. Cats are way more popular than dogs, and I understand why, so fluffy and cute n_n

OLD ENGLISH?! Well, living in the posh part of England I can help you with that haha~
A word my boyfriend likes to use is eloquent. I don't know if you know what it means but it's an adjective to describe language, a word or a person. It's means "fancy", or "sophisticated", essentially.
Dropping my *wisdom* on you because that's the most beautiful word I know ;u;

OLD ENGLISH?! Well, living in the posh part of England I can help you with that haha~
A word my boyfriend likes to use is eloquent. I don't know if you know what it means but it's an adjective to describe language, a word or a person. It's means "fancy", or "sophisticated", essentially.
Dropping my *wisdom* on you because that's the most beautiful word I know ;u;

Heh thanks! >u< <3 Eloquent is also a word in French, haha XD And it means pretty much the same thing ~
I'm trying to understand, you know, sentences such as 'thy shall not...', that kind of stuff XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have 2 actually C: how old is Mickado? I love that name!

Oh two cats, lucky you! :D
He's 9 now, old little fellow ;u; He's so fat he has diabetes though... Have to give him medication every day. My little kitty.

Heh thanks! >u< <3 Eloquent is also a word in French, haha XD And it means pretty much the same thing ~
I'm trying to understand, you know, sentences such as 'thy shall not...', that kind of stuff XD

Thy shall not xD man, your best luck would be in a church or a museum, they know it all XD

What breed is he? c:

my cats are 3 and 8
my 3yr old is a Russian blue female
and my 8 year old is a black short-hair domestic male

Thy shall not xD man, your best luck would be in a church or a museum, they know it all XD

Gotta read the Bible one day anyway, so... and the Quran and the Torah as well for that matter. Might as well read them in English! n_n

What breed is he? c:

my cats are 3 and 8
my 3yr old is a Russian blue female
and my 8 year old is a black short-hair domestic male

Just an European ******* XD
Ooh you have cool cats ?w? And mine is just some ******* ._.

You're French, right? How is the language education there? I've been learning Spanish since fifth grade (I'm in ninth now), but if I were to go to a Spanish-speaking country, I'd be completely lost. You seem to be completely fluent in English. :eek:

Last edited:
You want to read the Bible, the Qur'an AND the Torah? How many religions are you? lol

Or do you just want to read them so you can say that you've done it?

Back