• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask Delphine what the meaning of life is

Is it manga that got you into learning Japanese?

Technically, I wanted to learn Japanese thanks to Miyazaki's movies (first movies I watched in Japanese, first time I ever heard Japanese), and later on I got interested in mangas so yeah, mangas are one of the reasons why I'm interested in Japanese culture, though I hate people who make a mix between the entire Japanese culture and just animes/mangas... it's stupid.

You're French, right? How is the language education there? I've been learning Spanish since fifth grade (I'm in ninth now), but if I were to go to a Spanish-speaking country, I'd be completely lost. You seem to be completely fluent in English. :eek:

Yup 100% French (technically 25% Italian but oh well). To be honest, as far as languages are concerned, education sucks in France. Most French people don't speak English at all and when they do, it's an awful globish, with a terrible accent... I like to think that I'm self-taught. For instance, I learned how to use 'will' and 'be + ing' thanks to the song Every Breath You Take when I was ten, it might not seem like much but it was very useful ~ And yeah the rest I learned through TV shows/movies/comics etc. then later novels.

I'll always remember this guy when I was in California two years ago, we were all on some boat for tourists to see dolphins and we chatted a little (he was an old man), told me I spoke English very well for a 17 years old girl, I felt so good after :rolleyes:

You want to read the Bible, the Qur'an AND the Torah? How many religions are you? lol

Or do you just want to read them so you can say that you've done it?

I'm super atheist but it's just to gather some knowledge and enrich my culture n_n

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sure his very cute! Do you have any siblings

Yup one older sister, Maud, she's 21, she's a pain 90% of the time but during the other 10% left we get along just fine c:

Have you watched The Land Before Time?

Is the following stuffed toy bat adorable or not?

IMG_0385.jpg

Yay! I just love dinosaurs. I was truly passionated when I was younger (collected tons of stuff about dinosaurs; lots of figurines, DVDs, books...), it was insane (and insanely expensive, my poor sweet daddy). I even wanted to be an archaeologist!

Zulehan said:
Yes. My room must be appropriate for Halloween.

And I have one of the perfect movies on DVD to show my nephew for Halloween.

View attachment 70852

Oooh Coraline, less typical than the Nightmare Before Christmas. Such a great movie. Hope your nephews are not too young, they might be very scared by the movie...

Yay! I just love dinosaurs. I was truly passionated when I was younger (collected tons of stuff about dinosaurs; lots of figurines, DVDs, books...), it was insane (and insanely expensive, my poor sweet daddy). I even wanted to be an archaeologist!
Ooh, archaeologist. Have you ever gotten to visit an excavation site?

What was your favorite dinosaur?

Oooh Coraline, less typical than the Nightmare Before Christmas. Such a great movie. Hope your nephews are not too young, they might be very scared by the movie...
I hope the reviewer who claimed Coraline was too scary for kids is wrong. I remember author Neil Gaiman saying that, if he were still a kid, the reviewer's warnings about how scary the movie is would only have made him want to see it more. I always found the 'darker' stories more interesting as a kid. Along those lines, I actually enjoyed the melancholy feel of The Land Before Time, and enjoyed the 'darker' vision of Oz in Return to Oz, the sequel to the classic The Wizard of Oz.

What would you do if in the next animal crossing game, the villagers looked like real animals?

Ooh, archaeologist. Have you ever gotten to visit an excavation site?

What was your favorite dinosaur?

Never visited an excavation site unortunately :(

And my favorite dinosaur still is the diplodocus :D

I hope the reviewer who claimed Coraline was too scary for kids is wrong. I remember author Neil Gaiman saying that, if he were still a kid, the reviewer's warnings about how scary the movie is would only have made him want to see it more. I always found the 'darker' stories more interesting as a kid. Along those lines, I actually enjoyed the melancholy feel of The Land Before Time, and enjoyed the 'darker' vision of Oz in Return to Oz, the sequel to the classic The Wizard of Oz.

It depends on the kids, really. Some may be shocked, other might love it... And I didn't enjoy Return to Oz when I saw it, I can't remember why... I think I had a problem with the story.

Why should we ask you questions?

To keep the trolls from eating your toes when you're asleep.

What would you do if in the next animal crossing game, the villagers looked like real animals?

I'd buy it, if it's on a console I own... and get nothing but dogs as villagers *-*

Never visited an excavation site unortunately :(

And my favorite dinosaur still is the diplodocus :D

It depends on the kids, really. Some may be shocked, other might love it... And I didn't enjoy Return to Oz when I saw it, I can't remember why... I think I had a problem with the story.

To keep the trolls from eating your toes when you're asleep.

I'd buy it, if it's on a console I own... and get nothing but dogs as villagers *-*

I'd get the octopi, just for the laughs.

What is the correct answer to the question, "what is the meaning of life?" Massive respect gained if you know the reference.

Back