Birdwatching (Evergreen Cabin)

was searching just about every thread earlier with the word “goal” or relating to a goal in some way, though i have to go to sleep now as there’s yet another wedding i have to attend to tomorrow >.<
good night everyone, and don’t stress yourselves out too much on this, make sure to take a break and rest a bit. we’ll figure it out soon, i know it (ヾ^∇^)

I checked out my Pokemon Unite thread because that's a game where you compete with goalposts. Didn't find it there, sadly.

I have a feeling it has to do with some sort of game where you have to reach a goal to win, whether that be racing, soccer, or something else entirely. Unfortunately it's so vague that I have no idea where to start looking.

I'm scouring the Gamer's Lounge looking for any thread it could be in, but so far haven't found it. It says, "do you aspire to win? or will you not even reach the goal?" This implies that it's a game where you can either win, come in a certain place, or not even qualify at all. I'm not sure which game that could be, but I think there's ought to be one like it somewhere.

My brain is telling me it's probably buried deep in a thread about competing/achieving and most people would usually give up before finding it....hence I just went through every post in the TBT Friendlies thread.

Maybe we should check all the staff posts in the 'Quick Before The Mods Come' thread EDIT: I'm tired lol I actually meant the Last Person To Post Wins thread...although checking both for staff posts wouldn't be a bad idea.

Big stretch, but what if it's actually one of the past events that follows the criteria in my previous post? Just throwing another idea out there.

So Chris/Vrisnem's oldest accessible post in the Quick Before The Mods Come thread is actually a picture of a baby bird...with a caption that says 'chirp'...but it's not clickable. Rando coincidence?

Big stretch, but what if it's actually one of the past events that follows the criteria in my previous post? Just throwing another idea out there.

I don't know enough about TBT event history to be useful for that. It also could be "make" as in creating something. So like a game maker? Or games that will never be completed.

I'm scouring the Gamer's Lounge looking for any thread it could be in, but so far haven't found it. It says, "do you aspire to win? or will you not even reach the goal?" This implies that it's a game where you can either win, come in a certain place, or not even qualify at all. I'm not sure which game that could be, but I think there's ought to be one like it somewhere.

@Rosetti Do you have any idea for the above ^
Post automatically merged:

Check points? Stuck at a checkpoint? Super Mario Kaizo? Undertale? Games that have difficult outcomes depending on how you played it last like Undertale?

New Game Plus?

Endless mode?

Last edited:
So Chris/Vrisnem's oldest accessible post in the Quick Before The Mods Come thread is actually a picture of a baby bird...with a caption that says 'chirp'...but it's not clickable. Rando coincidence?
Never mind I realised I was wrong. 🙈

Just looked if it has anything to do with the olympics and typed in:

———————————————
OLYMPICS2020
TOKYOOLYMPICS2020
OLYMPICGAMES2020
OLYMPIA2020
TOYKOOLYMPICS
TOKYO2021
OLYMPICS2021
OLYMPICGAMES2021
OLYMPICS
OLYMPIA
OLYMPICGAMES
———————————

none of these worked but I thought I better document it so nobody else wastes their time with these

I have been combing through the Pokemon center looking for posts about winning - but wasn’t successful. Also typed in
ELITEFOUR
POKEMONLEAGUE

both failed.

—————————

It might be worth thinking about which games have goals/missions/milestones to achieve/unlock before actually being able to win them. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with many franchises so I don’t know many/any games that operate that way

Last edited:
i'm just typing things at this point to try and make sense of it in my own head
do you aspire to win, or will you not even make the goal?
like others have said it could mean 'do you want to win or will you not complete what you were supposed to do' OR it could be 'do you want to win, or will you not even try to finish it?' so it's either a matter of something being difficult or running out of motivation/patience/energy before the end of something

i'm just typing things at this point to try and make sense of it in my own head
do you aspire to win, or will you not even make the goal?
like others have said it could mean 'do you want to win or will you not complete what you were supposed to do' OR it could be 'do you want to win, or will you not even try to finish it?' so it's either a matter of something being difficult or running out of motivation/patience/energy before the end of something

Maybe a cheer/motivational thread for either this event or previous ones? I'm also thinking more in the direction of this being something "in progress/still ongoing", aka something to do with the camp event but so far drawing blanks here 😕

I went through the new horizons board and checked all threads with topics like „have you finished your island/museum/critterpedia“ or „when do you consider your island done“

I typed in „CRITTERPEDIA“ and „MUSEUM“ …

Update: Checked all posts in the island resetting thread, nothing found.

I don't know enough about TBT event history to be useful for that. It also could be "make" as in creating something. So like a game maker? Or games that will never be completed.

@Rosetti Do you have any idea for the above ^

Check points? Stuck at a checkpoint? Super Mario Kaizo? Undertale? Games that have difficult outcomes depending on how you played it last like Undertale?

New Game Plus?

Endless mode?

Checked the tbt friendlies thread where mar hosts games briefly, couldn’t see anything : (

also on that note, in terms of this clue I’m not sure if we’re looking for a starting point or end point, or even something in between - it might not even be to do with literal progression of game/ thing it might be hinting at motivation as a feeling in general

however the use of ‘win’ and ‘the goal’ really make it feel like a game, but at the same time it’s so brief and none specific lmao it could be any game

‘the goal’ could refer to an end point, a check mark or starting point - it makes me think of numbers incase anyone hasn’t considered that yet like a score - for example your personal goal to reach x number ((for me I wanted to hit 50 as a goal in that oarfish game LOL))

after sleeping on it I’ve thought about mafia in the cellar - havent checked yet but it could be a case of mafia being caught early on or someone getting lynched night one

Checked the FE discussion thread, since a lot of people listed their goals there but nothing TuT

I’ve thought about mafia in the cellar
I’ve just looked through the entire August 21 mafia game, there’s nothing

Last edited:
I looked through threads with "BOTW" in the title and didn't turn up with anything.

Gosh, this clue is so vague and like Midoriya said, could apply to almost every (video) game. >_<

Do you aspire to win, or will you not even make the goal?

Aspire:
- direct one's hopes or ambitions towards achieving something.
- rise high; tower.

Goal:
- (in football, soccer, rugby, hockey, and some other games) a pair of posts linked by a crossbar and often with a net attached behind it, forming a space into or over which the ball has to be sent in order to score.
-the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
- destination of a journey

I checked as many motivation/achievement posts as I could. Also looked through the impossible dream layouts and TBTWC threads. Haven’t tried too many options for puzzle possibilities. I’m on the thought process that this is a little birdy. But could be wrong on that

Back