• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Birdwatching (Melon Ballers Cabin)

While many may be located in forum threads, this is not always the case.
So if it's not sometimes inside a thread, where else have you all found it when you did these types of events?

So if it's not sometimes inside a thread, where else have you all found it when you did these types of events?
collectibles, found when clicking various buttons on the site, posting a thread in cts in the last hunt, found on the search bar at the top of the page, found by clicking different links. cant think of anymore at the moment but they can be hard to find

They can be anywhere. In the search bar, collectibles page. During the egg hunt they replaced the kofi button on the main page with an egg! While I can't understand the clues for the life of me, I am keeping my eyes peeled regardless.

if the number set is broken into 3 (first, middle, and last) and the middle part is a date, i think the last part could be another date since weve had no luck using it as clue coordinates so far. the only problem is the last set is 13 10 14 cant be a date unless the 13 represents january or maybe october is the month and the 13th is the day? i also applied the formula to it -3 +4 +1 making the date october 14 2015. i cant find anything animal crossing related to this dates.
the maybe in reference to the last set could also indicate that it isnt as simple of a clue as the middle part (which seems likely based on how stuck we are) and perhaps its only purpose (and the purpose of the first set of numbers) was to learn the -3 +4 +1 pattern and that is really what we should be focusing on... no idea where to go from there though if this is the case. 341? march 5th? 2? seems like a dead end but i cant help but feel the pattern is the significant part at this point to finding the location. if this is a puzzle i have no idea. ill try some combinations of new leaf release and these numbers

I agree @moo_nieu that maybe we should be focusing on the pattern, just feels like it can't be a coincidence that the numbers follow a pattern.

I'm sure it was mentioned earlier in the thread that 3.4.1 looks like a version update but NH isn't up to that but I gave my brain a break earlier and played some Pocket Camp and noticed that is on version 4.3.0, I'm probably on completely the wrong track but I wonder if the clue is to do with one of the updates from that game as it will have already had a 3.4.1 update and would tie into the camp theme?
(not really sure how this fits into the yes, no and maybe part though)

Apparently NewLeaf is on version 1.5. I don't know if that is true or not, but I did a quick search and that's what I yielded. Not sure if the updates is what we're going for, but it doesn't look like it would be NL related if that is the case.

I agree @moo_nieu that maybe we should be focusing on the pattern, just feels like it can't be a coincidence that the numbers follow a pattern.

I'm sure it was mentioned earlier in the thread that 3.4.1 looks like a version update but NH isn't up to that but I gave my brain a break earlier and played some Pocket Camp and noticed that is on version 4.3.0, I'm probably on completely the wrong track but I wonder if the clue is to do with one of the updates from that game as it will have already had a 3.4.1 update and would tie into the camp theme?
(not really sure how this fits into the yes, no and maybe part though)
I did a quick search with the AC Pocket Camp 3.4.1 update, and found this but unfortunately, no luck with the bird!

im thinking it could also be a number for numbered characters, like pokemon. im not sure if animal crossing characters are officially numbered. im looking through threads of charmander (number 4) rn but it might also be wigglytuff (number 40) or zubat (number 41) or tbh any number with both 4 and 1

With that kind of idea though, there would be a 'figure' listed twice because 10 is on the puzzle/clue twice.

i dont think we should ignore the new leaf release date since it is the yes part of the clue. i just think the number pattern is important in solving the clue. i suppose if the maybe part only mattered to the pattern, it could have been first or last. maybe the last numbers and pattern have to be combined somehow? idk it could be another dead end

In case someone had a similar train of thought, I also tried the following (spoiler: no bird found):

Riddle reminder:
09 06 10 11 08 12 13 10 14. First, no. Middle, yes. Last, maybe.
  1. Remove the first digit for each numerical sequence (First, no.), which yields 9 6 0 1 8 2 3 0 4.
  2. Keep only the last 2/3rd (Middle, yes. Last, maybe.), which yields 1 8 2 3 0 4.
  3. Transform the numbers into a date, which yields 18/23/04.
There was an update of AC Pocket Camp (ver. 1.4.1) on April 23, 2018, so I tried looking into the AC Pocket Camp thread but had no luck as well... Dates are not typically formatted as yyyy/dd/mm, which is most likely why I ran into a dead end. AC Pocket Camp happens to be camp-related, so I thought it might have been a lead. 😅
Post automatically merged:

I also forgot to mention that I tried clicking on every Camp Bell Tree-related collectibles/backdrops and no luck either!

i dont think we should ignore the new leaf release date since it is the yes part of the clue. i just think the number pattern is important in solving the clue. i suppose if the maybe part only mattered to the pattern, it could have been first or last. maybe the last numbers and pattern have to be combined somehow? idk it could be another dead end
Maybe the 13 10 14 could be another date? or a post number in a specific thread that has to do with nl? the US writes the day as mm/dd/yyyy, but other places do it yyyy/mm/dd so it could have to do with 2013 october 14th or something like that, could be wayoff though. this is just a shot in the dark

I was thinking about the -3 (no), 4 (yes) 1 (maybe) sequence last night and got really hung up on the fact that -3 +4 = +1

and then I thought no + yes = maybe 🤔

so that's nothing but I do agree that the pattern is probably important. I just don't think the numbers would be written in a sequence like that if that wasn't part of the clue

Maybe the 13 10 14 could be another date? or a post number in a specific thread that has to do with nl? the US writes the day as mm/dd/yyyy, but other places do it yyyy/mm/dd so it could have to do with 2013 october 14th or something like that, could be wayoff though. this is just a shot in the dark
I've just looked the date up and October 14, 2013 happened to be Explorer's Day on AC New Leaf? I'm not sure if it could be relevant!

I've just looked the date up and October 14, 2013 happened to be Explorer's Day on AC New Leaf? I'm not sure if it could be relevant!
looking at threads that have to do with explorers day rn
Post automatically merged:

another thing: the bird could be in a post or page # thats some variation of 341. either 341, 314, 134, 143, 413, or 431

Last edited:
Back