• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Birdwatching (Melon Ballers Cabin)

Been reading through everyone's thought processes and been looking everywhere. This bird has to show up eventually!

It's obviously a riddle telling us where we should look within the forums. But that's as far as my mind can process it with all the suggestions we have thrown around.

So uh if you add the numbers all up in numerical order you get

6, 8, 9, 10x2, 11, 12, 13, and 14. So it's most of the numbers starting from 6-14, but only 7 is absent. I don't know if that means anything, but it is something that did come to mind a few times.

Last edited:
Will this show up as an actual bird?
yeah it could be an image or icon or link saying bird or you found a bird. theres probably more ways it can appear but i cant think of any atm
Post automatically merged:

"09 06 10 11 08 12 13 10 14.
First, no. Middle, yes. Last, maybe."

so what we know so far is:

if we separate the sequence into 3 sets (first, middle, and last), the middle set (yes), 11 08 12, is the date of new leafs release.

if we follow this logic the last set (maybe) is 13 10 14

there is also a pattern within the numbers (-3 +4 +1)

also within the 6-14 range, the number 7 is missing and number 10 appears twice

am i missing anything? i dont have any new ideas at the moment but wanted to recap

Last edited:
Thank goodness we have until Sunday to solve it.

Lots of ideas have been discussed. I really hope we can find an answer after all this group effort... 🙏.

This might not be helpful at all but I had continued the numbering using the -3, +4, +1 pattern ( I think @Mokuren had already done this, but not backwards)
11 08 04 05 02 06 07 04 08
09 06 10 11 08 12 13 10 14
15 12 16 17 14 18 19 16 20

I also found a timeline of important dates events on TBT
https://belltreeforums.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

I still haven't found anything with these clues. But I thought I would share it in case.

Thank goodness we have until Sunday to solve it.

Lots of ideas have been discussed. I really hope we can find an answer after all this group effort... 🙏.

This might not be helpful at all but I had continued the numbering using the -3, +4, +1 pattern ( I think @Mokuren had already done this, but not backwards)
11 08 04 05 02 06 07 04 08
15 12 16 17 14 18 19 16 20

I also found a timeline of important dates events on TBT
https://belltreeforums.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

I still haven't found anything with these clues. But I thought I would share it in case.
this is great!

I'm trying to think "outside the box" but don't even know where to start.
I scrolled a bit the forums for the dates but nothing.

Going with just these numbers that make the sequence

- 3 + 4 + 1

First is no, middle is yes, last is maybe.
So I thought maybe the first and last position must swap making it

1 4 3, which usually means "I LOVE YOU"

I'm grasping here.
That would have been so sweet but no bird, sadly! 😢

I had to Google that to find out how you came to that conclusion Rosch. Even if it was right, what would that imply? We would have a lot of Valentines Days to trek through or whatever else it could apply to lol.

10/14 is egberts birthday. going to look into egbert on the new leaf forum but maybe im just jumping at a coincidence because hes a bird

edit didnt seem to have any luck with egbert

Last edited:
Not that I am really helping by saying this, but I feel like we need to figure out what the first, middle, and last implies before we can actually go further.

It's like a school problem. Normally there is something that is on the question that you know for a fact is a 'starting' point, doesn't mean it's actually the start. Could be somewhere entirely else, but it helps to narrow it down to figure out where the rest of it would add up.

"First, middle, last" also makes me think of Rankings. But it's a bit broad considering rankings are present in contests and tier lists.

And usually, the middle rank is "silver".

Not that I am really helping by saying this, but I feel like we need to figure out what the first, middle, and last implies before we can actually go further.

It's like a school problem. Normally there is something that is on the question that you know for a fact is a 'starting' point, doesn't mean it's actually the start. Could be somewhere entirely else, but it helps to narrow it down to figure out where the rest of it would add up.

It reminds me of our position right now on the scoreboard, not the first, in the middle yes, the last maybe.

Back