Island
Vylbrand
Tasty Cake
Green Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
lego_banner_small.png

This year there has been a lot of buzz surrounding the new LEGO Animal Crossing sets! We are even giving 10 sets away over in the Prize Booth. To celebrate this, we've decided to introduce a LEGO building event.

Task

Use LEGO bricks or the free digital BrickLink software to design a build that gives Animal Crossing or birthday party vibes to you. Some examples could be replicating buildings in the games, museum interiors, a campsite, nature themes, an island theme, recreating a villager, or designing a birthday party scene.

Rules

• Entries must be PG-13.
  • Must match an Animal Crossing or birthday party theme.
  • Builds can utilise bricks from pre-designed sets but they cannot be arranged to match the pre-made build.
  • You can build your entry using traditional LEGO bricks or you may use the free digital BrickLink software.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday 25th August 2024. Your TBT username must be visible in your submission. If a physical entry, we require a physical name card. If a digital entry, you can write this on your entry directly or hold a name card in front of the screen.

Submission Checklist:
✅ You have designed a LEGO build that fits the Animal Crossing, TBT, or birthday party theme.​
✅ You have attached an image of your entry and checked "entry" on the attachment's thumbnail. (See this post from a previous event if you're unsure how.)​
✅ You have included your name card.​
✅ It is no later than 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday 25th August 2024.

Prizes

• Participation
    • 12 Tickets and 12 Throwback Tickets

• Staff Favourite
    • 6 Tickets and 6 Throwback Tickets
    • To-be-revealed animated collectible

FAQ

Q. How will the winners be decided?

A. The winners will be selected by the TBT staff team.

Q. If I submit a physical entry do I need to use official LEGO bricks?
A. We will allow the use of cheaper LEGO alternatives, such as Cobi, fischertechnik, Mould King, etc. If there are bricks you find that you are unsure you can use, please drop @Chris a message to confirm before assembling your build.

Q. Can I 3D print bricks to use?
A. Yes.

Q. If I own LEGO Animal Crossing sets, can I use the villager mini figures?
A. Yes.

Oh this seems so so cool I'm looking forward to getting into that digital lego building software

DaCoSim's event entry:
  • IMG_5646.jpeg
    IMG_5646.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 677
I caved. Had to get Julian’s because of celebration of diversity AND it’s a birthday one. And then I didn’t want him to have to do his birthday by himself so I went ahead and grabbed maple as well.
IMG_5646.jpeg

Firesquids's event entry:
  • Redd's treasure trawler final 2.png
    Redd's treasure trawler final 2.png
    394.8 KB · Views: 605
Redd's treasure trawler final 2.png

"Recently there have been reports of a suspicious character visiting the islands in the area. Apparently, this... visitor has been selling works of art sourced from unknown origins. No one who has come into contact with the individual has been harmed, but please be careful out there!"​

Doo's event entry:
  • IMG_6462.jpeg
    IMG_6462.jpeg
    754.6 KB · Views: 598
It took me forever to find any decent pieces but I’ve made a 20th birthday pool party with some villagers (Katt, Aurora, Shep, Whitney, Bea and Claude) in their non-anthropomorphic forms 😂
IMG_6462.jpeg

Mars Adept's event entry:
  • IMG_5744.jpeg
    IMG_5744.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 456
IMG_5744.jpeg

For my entry I recreated Tortimer Island from ACNL. There’s the main grassland, yellow sands, and of course the little shack where you can go on tours and buy goodies. Marshal is picking up one of the island’s many seashells. Kapp’n is awaiting to take him back home.

Sheando's event entry:
  • IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 442
What’s this? A vibrant rainbow beetle all dressed for the party? That must be worth a lot of bells……but I think I’ll let it scuttle on by.

IMG_1831.jpeg

Bonus: beetle in its natural habitat, feat. dog butt in the background

IMG_1832.jpeg

Giddy's event entry:
  • Screenshot 2024-08-01 07.26.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-01 07.26.56.png
    692.2 KB · Views: 431
Does everyone love the new balloon designs as much as I do~?

Screenshot 2024-08-01 07.26.56.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 07.27.23.png

So, this took all day yesterday to make, and it was so worth it.
I was lucky to locate the pieces needed for each different heart style; I have a big box full of lego from under my bed that I've had for years (was originally my cousins lego). Also funnily enough, this wasn't my original idea! I was going to go for making the Bell Tree, with 20 in the tree branches or in the leaves. Though, I didn't have the right pieces. And I am glad I went with the heart balloons because they're so beautiful.

.: Meri :.'s event entry:
  • Brick Building Bonanza.jpg
    Brick Building Bonanza.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 370
Brick Building Bonanza.jpg

I tried to recreate the ACNH Birthday Hat in yellow out of Legos!
I had wooden building blocks, but never really played with Legos or other bricks very much as a kid, so this took... more trial and error than I'd like to admit

Midoriya's event entry:
  • Midoriya Lego Pinata Final.png
    Midoriya Lego Pinata Final.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 22
3Q8fGiP.png

I had SO much fun with this! I used to own tons of Legos as a child, but unfortunately don't have any of them anymore. Thank you for letting me relive my childhood, TBT!

The image itself is a piñata! Can't have a birthday party without one! 🥳

Attachments

• Midoriya Lego Pinata Final.png
    Midoriya Lego Pinata Final.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back