Celebrating Diversity 2024: 3D Crafts Event

This event was initially scheduled to last a week, so what I'm hearing is it was worthwhile us doubling it!
Glad that it was doubled. I got like 3/4 of the things I need yesterday but am going to get the other 1/4 and work on it this weekend probably.

Hopefully the idea I came up with looks halfway decent once I actually get it started. Looks all right in my head at least.

Just need to capture the sunrise version, because ✨✨

1718220763922.png

I'm also glad the length of the event was doubled, because I haven't had a chance to even start yet! 😭

We are glad that you are enjoying the rainbow tree! This recolour was @Jeremy's handiwork and I'm sure he will be very happy to see the positive feedback. 😊

Who is hard at work on their entries? :D
Slightly derailed entry from the clay incident, but I have secured some card board :D

This event was initially scheduled to last a week, so what I'm hearing is it was worthwhile us doubling it!
So so so glad y’all did!!!! There is Sooooooo much going on this week. Now granted I need the distraction, but oh my gosh, I’m really glad that y’all did double it.

Jacob's event entry:
  • Julian.png
    Julian.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 703
HELP I tried to make Julian in the sand as, like, a sandcastle thing 🦄💀💀💀 Turns out the sun started setting earlier than I thought and it made him look so scary LOL. It's kinda barely visible too. But I drew a rainbow over his head 🌈

Julian.png

Here's my submission! Gay demon sandman Julian...

Julian_%28AC%291.png

Happy Pride!! 🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:🦄:devilish:

DaCoSim's event entry:
  • IMG_4699.jpeg
    IMG_4699.jpeg
    570.8 KB · Views: 595
I mentioned this above, but I’ll explain a bit. I’ll put this in a spoiler as it might get kinda long, SORRY!!!!)
My brother has OCD. He has really severe ocd that when it started to rear its head, once he hit adolescence, my mom had to intervene at the school and go to court to get permission to allow him to drop out and get his ged rather than continue through highschool. The things he endured from other students and even teachers still boils my blood to this day. All they could see were his compulsions and none of them (other than his few closeknit friends) even tried to understand that these were the easy part of this illness. The truly horrific part are the obsessions. The unwanted thoughts that would just pop up in my brothers head that would lead him to this compulsive behavior. These could come up out of nowhere and stay in his head for days; sometimes weeks. I have had many late night calls over the years, with my brother just trying to distract him away from these sometimes very dark thoughts. After many different combos of meds and loads of therapy, he is now managing quite well, though it’s not easy by any means. He is now a confident man in his 30s that has said on many occasions how he is a unique unicorn, lol. He’s fan-freaking-tastic! He is the best uncle to my kids and a phenomenal brother. As soon as I saw y’all picked Julian, I knew exactly what I was going to create. What better way to celebrate my unique unicorn ocd brother than with a Julian inspired wreath. I tried my best to incorporate all the fun Julian things, like his Galaxy hoodie in the big bows, and the starry garland he has in his house. I also made a teal ocd awareness ribbon to hang on the horn (that I painted as well)
IMG_4699.jpeg

IMG_4609.jpeg
IMG_4614.jpeg
IMG_4615.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg
IMG_4652.jpeg
IMG_4662.jpeg

IMG_4665.jpeg
IMG_4702.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

Hmmmm hey @Chris, it’s not giving me the option to click entry.

I mentioned this above, but I’ll explain a bit. I’ll put this in a spoiler as it might get kinda long, SORRY!!!!)
My brother has OCD. He has really severe ocd that when it started to rear its head, once he hit adolescence, my mom had to intervene at the school and go to court to get permission to allow him to drop out and get his ged rather than continue through highschool. The things he endured from other students and even teachers still boils my blood to this day. All they could see were his compulsions and none of them (other than his few closeknit friends) even tried to understand that these were the easy part of this illness. The truly horrific part are the obsessions. The unwanted thoughts that would just pop up in my brothers head that would lead him to this compulsive behavior. These could come up out of nowhere and stay in his head for days; sometimes weeks. I have had many late night calls over the years, with my brother just trying to distract him away from these sometimes very dark thoughts. After many different combos of meds and loads of therapy, he is now managing quite well, though it’s not easy by any means. He is now a confident man in his 30s that has said on many occasions how he is a unique unicorn, lol. He’s fan-freaking-tastic! He is the best uncle to my kids and a phenomenal brother. As soon as I saw y’all picked Julian, I knew exactly what I was going to create. What better way to celebrate my unique unicorn ocd brother than with a Julian inspired wreath. I tried my best to incorporate all the fun Julian things, like his Galaxy hoodie in the big bows, and the starry garland he has in his house. I also made a teal ocd awareness ribbon to hang on the horn (that I painted as well)
View attachment 569362

Post automatically merged:

Hmmmm hey @Chris, it’s not giving me the option to click entry.
DaCo Oh my god 😭 🫡 🫡 🫡 🫡

I hope to finish my Coco sculpture soon, spent a good time on it lol, have busy days with my study so working on it at nights

Nika's event entry:
  • thumbnail_IMG_4337 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4337 (2).jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 20
Ok here is Coco celebrating month of pride sculpture. Worked on this really long also, this was my first time making something like this <3

VOfX1KG.jpeg

mlSIJCi.jpeg

Had to edit because of the name tag

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4337 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4337 (2).jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Zane's event entry:
  • entry.jpeg
    entry.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 539
entry.jpeg

So, I’m not sure if I've ever mentioned it on TBT before but I am a First Nations person. I was pretty moved to see National Indigenous Peoples Day acknowledged in the OP! And it inspired me to make something cultural. I lived my entire life in the Okanagan, which is home to a famous legend about the lake spirit, n’ha-a-itk (more broadly known as Ogopogo). I wanted to show the characters interacting with the n’ha-a-itk with love and respect, rather than fear 🩷 (though if I’m being honest I was very much afraid of it when I was a kid, haha…)

It's been a long time since I made anything like this. I forgot how satisfying it is to try to paint tiny details! I need to make time in my life for art again. :,(

Materials: polymer clay, modelling clay, wood (the base they're standing on), acrylic paint

a more close up shot I really liked, but I forgot the name card in it lol
ert.jpeg

rkZRjER.jpeg

I tend to work on everybody in sections, rather than completely finish one figure then move on to the next.

QbfiqAf.jpeg
Bh6XKGw.jpeg

Having Pietro as your favorite villager is PAIN.. I feel the need to include him in everything but he takes soooo long to paint/draw.

also Peewee appreciation because he turned out really funny and was kind of in the background in the main pic:

raQwS8U.jpeg

So, I’m not sure if I've ever mentioned it on TBT before but I am a First Nations person. I was pretty moved to see National Indigenous Peoples Day acknowledged in the OP! And it inspired me to make something cultural. I lived my entire life in the Okanagan, which is home to a famous legend about the lake spirit, n’ha-a-itk (more broadly known as Ogopogo). I wanted to show the characters interacting with the n’ha-a-itk with love and respect, rather than fear 🩷 (though if I’m being honest I was very much afraid of it when I was a kid, haha…)
I'm so glad to hear that you felt represented in the event descriptor and that it inspired you to create something meaningful to you. This is such a lovely piece!

Firesquids's event entry:
  • PrideStitches4.jpg
    PrideStitches4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 508
"Black, white, green or blue, show off your natural hue! (If you're multicolored that's cool too!)"
PrideStitches4.jpg

Stitches is here to wish you a happy Pride Month, and remind you to let your true colors shine bright!
Lyrics in my post are from 'Flamingo' by Kero Kero Bonito. This song was partial inspiration for this piece. Though the song is called Flamingo, the "multicolored" part always makes me think of Stitches, and the message of the song works well the in the context of Pride month.

Got swept up in the process and forgot to take progress photos, but here's the materials I used.
The usual, polymer clay, nail polish, and acrylic paint.
PXL_20240614_091358382.MP.jpg

The pride flag was quite difficult for me to make, took me a few attempts to get it right, the previous attempts turned into parts of Stitches' outfit.

Side angle to show Stitches' stitches and tail.
PrideStitchesright.jpg

We are halfway through the time for this event and already some amazing pieces are coming in. I love hearing about the inspiration behind your craft projects and what they mean to you. 🖤

I hope people have managed to acquire the craft items they need for their piece by now. Very excited to see what the rest of you are working on. :D

oak's event entry:
  • 1000000215.jpg
    1000000215.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 418
For my entry I made little charms out of air dry clay. The charms represent mine and my partners animal crossing characters, along with Ruby and Dotty to keep with the AC theme. Our 13th anniversary of being together is coming up so I made this bracelet to represent us. Each bead is a different pride flag (bisexual, trans, pansexual & non binary). We are just 2 non binary people in love. I spent over a decade trying to decide between male or female pronouns, but in the end they/them is a perfect fit! Happy pride everyone. You're all so beautiful.
1000000215.jpg

1000000214.jpg

For my entry I made little charms out of air dry clay. The charms represent mine and my partners animal crossing characters, along with Ruby and Dotty to keep with the AC theme. Our 13th anniversary of being together is coming up so I made this bracelet to represent us. Each bead is a different pride flag (bisexual, trans, pansexual & non binary). We are just 2 non binary people in love. I spent over a decade trying to decide between male or female pronouns, but in the end they/them is a perfect fit! Happy pride everyone. You're all so beautiful.
View attachment 569595
The description accompanying this is so sweet. Happy (early) anniversary! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: oak
digimon's event entry:
  • celebratingdiversity2024.png
    celebratingdiversity2024.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 316
celebratingdiversity2024.png

jWfvaXK.gif

kq4YY9A.gif]
kq4YY9A.gif]
kq4YY9A.gif]
pride feels lonely sometimes for reasons i can't really get into here. it just boils down to me not really having anyone knows who i really am although to be fair i barely know who i am myself tbh! and never feeling comfortable enough to share parts of me to protect myself and my spirit. i hope to one day live freely and stand on my own in my truth. in the mean time, puck, luna, tuke and i are wishing you all a very happy brat summer from our listening party! happy pride!!!

celebratingdiversity2024-username.jpg

amemome's event entry:
  • 1000024100.jpg
    1000024100.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 140

1000024100.jpg

Made a little paper layered picture (EDITED: made it more 3D!) that represents me, my roommate, and our growing relationship with each other and with nature .

I moved in with my current roommate a year or so ago: we were middle/high-school friends that drifted apart before we found ourselves in the same place at the same time recently. While being roommates, we discovered our mutual appreciation of nature: we like going on nature walks, observing flowers, picking fruits, and also just being outside to see our world as it changes with us (we both tell each other immediately when the local park's wild clover flowers get mowed down and when we spot a nice patch of dandelions in bloom 😂😂). Together, we were even able to fix up our rental's backyard and really create a shared space where we have successfully grown flowers and vegetables!

My roommate and I are both East Asian women in tech which has been difficult for us to navigate: there's a lot of microaggression, misogyny, and imposter syndrome that we've faced at our respective workplaces. Sometimes it's hard for us to feel welcome at work and even to feel respected at all. That's why us connecting together and with nature has been a way for us to heal and recuperate and feel agency over our environment.

The Animal Crossing-style pink tulips and persimmon tree represent my roommate's favorite color flowers (pink) and one of my favorite fruits of all time (persimmon). I doodled us in the AC style enjoying nature together. :) 🌷 🌳:)

cardboard, painter's tape, some wire, and colored paper!
1000024101.jpg

Last edited:
Back