Collectible Distribution Order Plan and Community Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a computer programmer/coder or anything at all so this may be entirely impossible! But I was wondering if maybe in the future the winners could be given like... a redemption token? To choose when they want to redeem their own pearl/jellyfish themselves, vs relying on the collectible being sent out at a set time. So during the closing ceremony all the rainbow jellyfish/pearl winners would be given a special "pearl/rainbow jellyfish token" that would be used to redeem the collectible and then they could fit it into their lineup how they want. I'm not sure if that makes sense but just an idea I had 😅
It is technically possible, however we do not distribute prizes this way due to it being such a time sensitive way of handling it. There are many members who do not use the forum daily, for example only coming on at weekends or when they are actively playing ACNH, and it would be disappointing for them to log in one day to find they won a rare collectible and missed the chance to redeem it. In every event we run we always have a number users who fail to spend or convert their currency on time, so unfortunately there is a good chance of this happening and we would rather not deal with the fallout.

It is technically possible, however we do not distribute prizes this way due to it being such a time sensitive way of handling it. There are many members who do not use the forum daily, for example only coming on at weekends or when they are actively playing ACNH, and it would be disappointing for them to log in one day to find they won a rare collectible and missed the chance to redeem it. In every event we run we always have a number users who fail to spend or convert their currency on time, so unfortunately there is a good chance of this happening and we would rather not deal with the fallout.
Semi-related question: is it possible to have a system that lets you create a fully customized lineup? Or is it just how the add-on works?

I didn’t win a rainbow jelly or a pearl so this is rich coming from me but I think it’s cute to have the oarfish looking at both prizes rather than one being next to the butt. But I can see the appeal for those who won both

anyway good luck y’all I hope everyone ends up at least semi-happy with the outcome

since I only won the pearl and oars, I'm just gonna say for my vote newest to oldest

pearl, oars

again, rainbow jelly winners can decide amongst themselves how they wish to position that

I didn't win a pearl, but it looks like I will get a rainbow jelly. I'd love for it to be in front of the oarfish to line it up with other jellies... So my vote went to jelly in front (so distributed later), then oarfish (distributed first).

The pearl should be up to the pearl winners.

I would personally love for the rainbow jellyfish to be older than the oarfish
Post automatically merged:

Is it at all possible to allow redemption tokens for a few days, and then just send out the collectibles at the staff’s discretion of order for the people who don’t log on to spend them by the time you close the shop?
(wow what a run-on sentence)

Semi-related question: is it possible to have a system that lets you create a fully customized lineup? Or is it just how the add-on works?

This actually would be fantastic if some day it could be implemented. To be able to re-shuffle your collectibles in the order you wanted. Maybe filling a coded sheet of 10/10, or drag-and-swap one for another?
I'm not a programmer either, so I don't intend to make it sound very easy a task that for all I know might actually be very complicated, it's just a suggestion and/or idea! :)

This actually would be fantastic if some day it could be implemented. To be able to re-shuffle your collectibles in the order you wanted. Maybe filling a coded sheet of 10/10, or drag-and-swap one for another?
I'm not a programmer either, so I don't intend to make it sound very easy a task that for all I know might actually be very complicated, it's just a suggestion and/or idea! :)
this has been suggested several times over the years, iirc staff said it'd be a pain to implement

granted i'm not sure that's still the case with tbt 3.0 but regardless they're well aware of the suggestion

Quick update: we will distribute them in the following order later today:

Pearl, Oarfish, Rainbow Jellyfish

However, we'll allow you to request a change of the pearl and/or rainbow jellyfish positions once you have them. (Keep in mind, this isn't something we will do for every event in the future.)

The reason the redemption suggestion wouldn't work is because it would over complicate things (for example, we already have 5 currencies for the event, we'd have to add at least 2 more) and we wouldn't be able to add the message about cabin name, event(s) it was won from, etc.

However, we'll allow you to request a change of the pearl and/or rainbow jellyfish positions once you have them. (Keep in mind, this isn't something we will do for every event in the future.)

The reason the redemption suggestion wouldn't work is because it would over complicate things (for example, we already have 5 currencies for the event, we'd have to add at least 2 more) and we wouldn't be able to add the message about cabin name, event(s) it was won from, etc.
I really appreciate the offer to reorder the jelly/pearl positions. I know that takes effort on your part, and I'm sure the staff are exhausted from working so hard on this event. Thank you! 🎏😊

LET'S GOOOOOO

also ty Jeremy for being so thoughtful, giving users the option to switch dates if they want. I love that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back