• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

"COLLECTIBLES" - A blessing or a curse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... because everyone broke the economy... you guys want us to fix it and regulate it?

I think that's kind of silly.

I agree that it's silly. It's not something that should have to be done, but with the way things have become as far as the mountainous exchange rate I'd say it's definitely something that could be considered. TBT has essentially become its own monetary system, where people are selling games, eShop credits, and other tangible goods for TBT bells. It's been a frequent enough occurrence as of late that the staff felt it necessary to post a thread about buying and selling real world items in exchange for TBT bells. LyraVale's idea of a sticky stating the "acceptable" exchange rate would likely eliminate the need for such things, and the employ of other shady practices would decrease as a result.

So while I'm certainly not disputing the silliness of the situation, the staff represents the governing body in this case, and therefore would be the only people with the power to regulate the so-called monetary system. The members certainly aren't going to do it themselves, sadly enough.

It's not banned. Just highly frowned upon and we won't help if it goes south.

I am just going to quote once again your previous post, you said it wasn't banned. It is since it is prohibited. I'd like to point out that prohibited = banned. (link)
I was just saying that there are banned, and they are. You quoted yourself the rules, and the rules do say that those transactions are prohibited, hence banned.
People cannot post thread about selling giftcards, because such threads are banned. This is what I said previously. I seriously don't understand why you were picking up that element of my post being wrong.

Last edited:
I am just going to quote once again your previous post, you said it wasn't banned. It is since it is prohibited. I'd like to point out that prohibited = banned. (link)
I was just saying that there are banned, and they are. You quoted yourself the rules, and the rules do say that those transactions are prohibited, hence banned.

Because we can monitor it 24/7. Right? Because we can see Pm's. Right? Because we know what you're doing at every hour of the day. Right?

There's a gray area there that can't be controlled, and banning someone isn't going to do anything to fix the problem. You're thinking in the terms of OUT IN THE OPEN. I'm more concerned with the behind the scenes.

Because we can monitor it 24/7. Right? Because we can see Pm's. Right? Because we know what you're doing at every hour of the day. Right?

There's a gray area there that can't be controlled, and banning someone isn't going to do anything to fix the problem. You're thinking in the terms of OUT IN THE OPEN. I'm more concerned with the behind the scenes.
Wait what? I never said that people were banned if they were doing those illegal transactions. I just said that those transactions are banned, prohibited. Plainly you can't do those transactions otherwise you are against the rules.

Last edited:
If buying selling real items such as eshop cards are not what you call banned, then why do you shut down people's threads that do this? So can we do it or not? You should make a rule like we won't shut down your threads unless ANY problem occurs. Something like that. You say it's not banned but mods still shut down threads that do this. I'm confused.

Last edited:
Re-opened thread. Apparently this got closed by accident.

We do welcome your opinions on the subject as long as they're civil and don't turn into a super heated debate with other members over collectibles.

As for my own personal opinion on the matter: I do feel like things have gotten a little out of hand these days. We never ever intended for it to be like this when we originally planned collectibles. Honestly, while flattering, the idea that TBT Bells are worth so much and are sold for real games is insane to me. There are definitely some changes that could be made to improve the situation, but I couldn't say when or whether they will actually happen.

I have happy to read that your site members opinion matters....cause to be frank, I felt up to this statement that the admins and mods could have cared less.....maybe it is just me, but that is the impression I got after reading the replies from the staff.

I queried once whether the mods and admins read members' pm's and was told that it had been discussed and voted against. Are you now telling me that is not true? Or that it is not true but something you would like to be permitted to do?

It is also back to what I said on a previous thread. I am quite sure it is a thankless task to be a mod, you are underrated, undervalued and expected to solve problems 24/7 with little praise from anyone. However, it is your choice to be a mod, and if a mod should step down, it appears there are plenty willing to take their place.

Collectibles, by the very definition of their name, are items that people are going to want to collect. So many games just beg you to gather everything that you can, ACNL offers you all the dlc and medals and furniture sets etc, Dragon Quest games make you want to fight every single type of monster or grab all the types that can be added to your party, HM wants you to grow every type of crop and catch every fish and critter and grab every blueprint. There are of course many more but the point I am making is that if you are a player that loves to collect and complete everything then not being able to for whatever reason becomes a bit of an issue.
Yes, having these collectibles made available to people is a privilege not a right but it seems that a monster has been created somewhere along the lines and people do have a right to voice their opinions on the matter without others patronising them or belittling their points.
Maybe I am getting too old for all this now, it definitely makes me feel old but this is my opinion and I am just putting it out there, I won't reply to any comments as this is all I have to say, good luck collecting to all those who love to do so :)

benedict-cumberbatch-birthday-18.gif

Just use your imagination for this one, Jamie.

Callaway and Zr388 pls stop posting useless posts, if you have nothing useful to say, don't spam. I am sure both of you would not appreciate it on your threads.

Last edited:
Callaway and Zr388 pls stop posting useless posts, if you have nothing useful to say, don't scam. I am sure both of you would not appreciate it on your threads.

You know, we had stopped. I'm sorry a couple laughs offended you.

I am fairly new to the forum and I don't really get how you earn tbt bells. It just seems like you get a random number when you post something. The collectibles are cool, but I never have enough tbt to buy anything. I would like the birthstone for October, but even if I started saving tbt now, I'm not sure if I could get to 299 tbt like the August birthstone's price. How do you get tbt without buying it for millions of AC bells?

I have happy to read that your site members opinion matters....cause to be frank, I felt up to this statement that the admins and mods could have cared less.....maybe it is just me, but that is the impression I got after reading the replies from the staff.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but there are plenty of ways we can better the forum (which we do for no pay by the way), and adding more collectibles is certainly not on the top of the list. Just look at any other forum and feel free to compare the amount of effort the staff put into it.

And as for the worth of AC bells, you're going to have to complain to Nintendo for not preventing duplicating. We have no control over the game.

Callaway and Zr388 pls stop posting useless posts, if you have nothing useful to say, don't spam. I am sure both of you would not appreciate it on your threads.

Considering 95% of ZR's posts were long and informative, so would that be useless?

I am fairly new to the forum and I don't really get how you earn tbt bells. It just seems like you get a random number when you post something. The collectibles are cool, but I never have enough tbt to buy anything. I would like the birthstone for October, but even if I started saving tbt now, I'm not sure if I could get to 299 tbt like the August birthstone's price. How do you get tbt without buying it for millions of AC bells?

Try to post as much as you can, you earn TBT everywhere except Basement and Plaza, I am sure someone will correct me. Look at all the topics on offer and see if there are any you feel you can contribute too, don't be scared to join in, everyone has to start somewhere

Considering 95% of ZR's posts were long and informative, so would that be useless?

Only that as part of her mod duties she remonstrates with those that spam, it didn't seem ideal for her to start doing so herself.

I'm sorry I spammed, I forgot I was in this thread exactly-- I am very tired. No excuse, I know. I'm sorry.

Look, the mods care. They do care but they have a lot on their plates, both here and IRL. Their lives don't just revolve around TBT. They have issues in real life, they have jobs and they do other things. They volunteer their free time to try and make this place as great as it is. This thread thrives because it is different than other AC threads and has more to offer with a less strict atmosphere.

That being said, if you are unhappy you don't have to be here. You can join other forums and see how TBT is different, and your account will be here waiting.

This is the internet, if you're not happy with something you are not required to participate.

If you are not happy with the collectibles, don't play with them. But complain too much and they will get taken away.

The actions of few ruin for the many.

Things are how they are, and they don't look like they will change. Your best move is to accept this and move on.

If buying selling real items such as eshop cards are not what you call banned, then why do you shut down people's threads that do this? So can we do it or not? You should make a rule like we won't shut down your threads unless ANY problem occurs. Something like that. You say it's not banned but mods still shut down threads that do this. I'm confused.

Those transactions (involving real money and giftcards) are illegal. If you try to do so, your thread will simply be locked. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back