• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

We’ll see about that
Post automatically merged:

You can’t claim to not be town and everyone just believes it, I could be mafia. But probably not.

I mean not to be mafia

We’ll see about that

You can’t claim to not be town and everyone just believes it, I could be mafia. But probably not.

I mean not to be mafia
I'm not expecting everyone to believe it. But saying 'i COULD be mafia' is more suspicious than claiming town imo

Bittersweet. I knew we were losing town so I couldn't be too happy about the roleblocker. Betsy also seemed like a compelling cop target after her play last game and the discourse surrounding her despite the lack of votes so it's possible we didn't even get a read from that yet.

(also sorry for missing SoD, 1. I forgot it was 3 instead of 4 and 2. I'm not feeling my best today)

BETSY! Damn.

Current thoughts- unless there's bussing* at play (seems highly unlikely at this point but still), I h ard townread those who voted Ghost: Misty, Sheep, Betsy. Betsy is my only holdout since she could be mafia jumping on a wagon to appear less sus.. why eliminate her? That's my big question today. Why Betsy?

+ If I was not me I'd include myself in the same 'townread unless bus' category based on Ghost's vote for me, tho probably with about as much certainty as Betsy.

* how likely is bussing in your various opinions? @Sheep Villager @Miss Misty (I was planning to @ Betsy this question too, but... rip)

I feel like you're saying we should be poking at them based on Betsy suspecting these three but I feel the exact opposite because it seems so unlikely for mafia to vote mafia..
So first of all I'm a little curious why you asked me and Sheep specifically because we're the survivors who voted for Ghost and so our opinions on bussing that we state here are automatically suspicious from that (to anyone who understands WIFOM, is this WIFOM?)

That being said, I feel like it'd be a bit brash to bus the roleblocker day one. Like the mafia team was sort of at a disadvantage since their most mechanically important player was new and inexperienced and tossed up a couple of red flags in his brief appearances (Ghost's 'I'm town 😞' has got to be up there with the infamous 'the town' message I've heard so much about), but he still had an important night action. Now it's 6 vs 1 and the cop has free reign. (Hoping against all hope they chose literally anyone besides Betsy n1.)

Straight up - and this is where you're free to not believe me - I don't think it was a bus. I know I'm town and we all know Betsy was town, and I feel alright about Sheep so far. Even better now since Sheep was the one who started that wagon, and they just didn't need to. They had other susses EoD they could have pushed instead. But even besides that, if you look at the vote totals at EoD, there were three people on Ghost (Me, Sheep, Betsy), with with several others (Tessa, Droqen, Armadillo) having one vote each. Like Sheep said in their wagon analysis, any one of us could have plopped a vote elsewhere to at least bring it to a rand.

So for me right now, I have two trains of thought for who the goon could be:
Option 1: Someone who wasn't around EoD to at least try to save their partner
or
Option 2: Someone who felt confident they could win without their roleblocker at all

Sorry this isn't super great, like I said: not feeling well. I read the message I was mentioned in and skimmed the rest. I just wanted to answer it while it was still 'fresh' I'll read back more in-depth now and try to gather my thoughts some more.

Still reading back and trying to gather my thoughts. This jumped out at me:

So sheep misty and droqen are the people we should be poking at.
I don’t know, there’s still a couple people that could be mafia, it can still be Tessa or Bianca because they were online after the end of the day.
So you're interested in poking at

me
Sheep
Droqen
Tessa
Bianca

That's 5/6 of the field besides yourself. So I guess two questions:

1. Why aren't you interested in poking at Geoni?
and
2. What reasons do I have to think of you as being town aligned?

I forgot geoni was here 😂. Right now I that it’s Bianca or Tessa that are mafia because
1. They weren’t there
2. They both haven’t talked a lot
They both aren’t talking and weren’t able to say anything about ghost.

Still reading back and trying to gather my thoughts. This jumped out at me:

So you're interested in poking at

me
Sheep
Droqen
Tessa
Bianca

That's 5/6 of the field besides yourself. So I guess two questions:

1. Why aren't you interested in poking at Geoni?
and
2. What reasons do I have to think of you as being town aligned?
You don’t have any reasons to believe I am town, but I don’t think I have said anything to make me suspicious.

I just realized how suspicious that sounds😂

I forgot geoni was here 😂. Right now I that it’s Bianca or Tessa that are mafia because
1. They weren’t there
2. They both haven’t talked a lot
They both aren’t talking and weren’t able to say anything about ghost.

You don’t have any reasons to believe I am town, but I don’t think I have said anything to make me suspicious.

I just realized how suspicious that sounds😂
As you just said above regarding Tessa and Bianca, silence can be just as suspicious, and you went out of your way to not say a whole lot d1.

So first of all I'm a little curious why you asked me and Sheep specifically because we're the survivors who voted for Ghost and so our opinions on bussing that we state here are automatically suspicious from that (to anyone who understands WIFOM, is this WIFOM?)
(I know what movie WIFOM is from but I don't know the terminology at all lol.)

To be COMPLETELY honest I do not actually know why I thought it was a great idea to specifically ask you and Sheep (and Betsy, may she rest in peace). There was just kind of a gut feeling that at some point felt totally correct, and... uhh... well I'll explain the logic even though it does not hold up upon further inspection:

1. I know for sure at least one of you is town

2. That means I can trust at least one of you to tell the truth

3. If everyone says "bussing is totally impossible" then, cool, I feel comfortable striking that from my list.

I don't know why I didn't just ask any other group of 2-3 people, but it felt relevant/important to ask the people involved in the possible bussing? Not sure why. I think it might yield more interesting readable responses though.

ok, that said, i am one thousand percent sus of @Armadillo lover . Literally nobody else is even on my radar anymore. I think this is called "tunnelling".

I don't like annnyyy of Armadillo's responses, they're all kinda throwaway deflective, and/or straight up throwing random people into wagons at the slightest provocation.

"Didn't betsy think that droqen might be mafia?" - feels like trying to refocus the target on me since i was pretty sus yesterday.

"so sheep misty and droqen are sus"
- immediately jumping on sussing a group

"I agree with sheep, tessa is sus" - again, jumping directly onto someone else's wagon

Also voted no elim without great explanation as to why.

I'm just getting extremely weird "murder everyone" energy off ya, Armadillo

I don’t know, there’s still a couple people that could be mafia, it can still be Tessa or Bianca because they were online after the end of the day.
One more for the record, just tossing pretty unrelated accusations to see what sticks. All these quotes were from the last 2-3 pages!!!

VERY HIGH DENSITY "MURDER ANYONE" ENERGY. thank you for attending my ted talk.

I agree, but maybe one of them are mafia and they new that ghost was definitely going to get voted off, they would want to vote ghost to avoid suspicion.

Also Armadillo lover the only one outright going "yeah you're right droqen maybe they are bussing 👀" in response to my post about bussing. Again, more weird wagon-murder-energy. In isolation not a problem, but altogether...

I agree, but maybe one of them are mafia and they new that ghost was definitely going to get voted off, they would want to vote ghost to avoid suspicion.

Also Armadillo lover the only one outright going "yeah you're right droqen maybe they are bussing 👀" in response to my post about bussing. Again, more weird wagon-murder-energy. In isolation not a problem, but altogether...

... also, in case I'm totally wrong, i was thinking about the reasons why the surviving mafia might have whacked abducted Betsy specifically:

1. Betsy was onto mafia and they were scared

2. They wanted us to think mafia was in situation 1 and scared, but were actually framing someone (Seems unlikely since Betsy was not targeting anyone in particular, so it's kind of a weak frame job.)

3. They thought Betsy might be cop

Last edited:
(I know what movie WIFOM is from but I don't know the terminology at all lol.)

To be COMPLETELY honest I do not actually know why I thought it was a great idea to specifically ask you and Sheep (and Betsy, may she rest in peace). There was just kind of a gut feeling that at some point felt totally correct, and... uhh... well I'll explain the logic even though it does not hold up upon further inspection:

1. I know for sure at least one of you is town

2. That means I can trust at least one of you to tell the truth

3. If everyone says "bussing is totally impossible" then, cool, I feel comfortable striking that from my list.

I don't know why I didn't just ask any other group of 2-3 people, but it felt relevant/important to ask the people involved in the possible bussing? Not sure why. I think it might yield more interesting readable responses though.

ok, that said, i am one thousand percent sus of @Armadillo lover . Literally nobody else is even on my radar anymore. I think this is called "tunnelling".

I don't like annnyyy of Armadillo's responses, they're all kinda throwaway deflective, and/or straight up throwing random people into wagons at the slightest provocation.

"Didn't betsy think that droqen might be mafia?" - feels like trying to refocus the target on me since i was pretty sus yesterday.

"so sheep misty and droqen are sus" - immediately jumping on sussing a group

"I agree with sheep, tessa is sus" - again, jumping directly onto someone else's wagon

Also voted no elim without great explanation as to why.

I'm just getting extremely weird "murder everyone" energy off ya, Armadillo

One more for the record, just tossing pretty unrelated accusations to see what sticks. All these quotes were from the last 2-3 pages!!!

VERY HIGH DENSITY "MURDER ANYONE" ENERGY. thank you for attending my ted talk.

... also, in case I'm totally wrong, i was thinking about the reasons why the surviving mafia might have whacked abducted Betsy specifically:

1. Betsy was onto mafia and they were scared

2. They wanted us to think mafia was in situation 1 and scared, but were actually framing someone (Seems unlikely since Betsy was not targeting anyone in particular, so it's kind of a weak frame job.)

3. They thought Betsy might be cop
I've got to say I have only played with Armadillo once and (no offense) but their posts were very inconsistent. Ik they are a newbie but I'm not sure if the bandwagoning was something I noticed last time I played with them. I was frustrated when they were quickly

(my post cut off, ill finish in a sec)

I was frustrated when they were quickly targeting me even though I explained my disappearance, just the immediate 'you are mafia' was alarming.

i also could see armadillo trying to accuse someone quickly to make up for the 'no elim' of last round they played

i also could see armadillo trying to accuse someone quickly to make up for the 'no elim' of last round they played
But to accuse everyone?

I'm not sure there was really that much suspicion cast on Armadillo regarding the 'no elim', either... I mean, not enough to really cause any kind of pressure. I voted Armadillo yesterday for being inactive and it didn't change their play style this extremely

a very chaotic, indiscriminately violent energy about day kills.
^ how i feel about armadillo rn

But to accuse everyone?

I'm not sure there was really that much suspicion cast on Armadillo regarding the 'no elim', either... I mean, not enough to really cause any kind of pressure. I voted Armadillo yesterday for being inactive and it didn't change their play style this extremely

^ how i feel about armadillo rn
Hmm... I see where your coming from. I still need to read day 1 fully when I get home (im out until later tonight) and I wouldn't love the vote on armadillo, but I see why it might be a good option.

Back