• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

I'd actually started feeling a little better about Armadillo because she wasn't dodging questions as much as yesterday, but you raise a good point that she has basically everybody in her PoE, and the only reason Geoni wasn't in it was because she forgot he was in the game. (Although when I questioned her, it seemed like she said she was narrowing in on Tessa and Bianca for being absent yesterday.) Maybe I've been giving her too much credit because I'd been thinking 'alright, she spent all d1 in August talking about d2, and all d1 in this game talking about d2, let's see the famous d2 plays she must have squirreled away' and then she started out d2 with a little more initiative to solve and stopped her 'head empty no thoughts' mantra. I still feel she's a little null-ish and I might not be as sus of her as you, but there's a lot of day left so things can change.

I'd actually started feeling a little better about Armadillo because she wasn't dodging questions as much as yesterday, but you raise a good point that she has basically everybody in her PoE, and the only reason Geoni wasn't in it was because she forgot he was in the game. (Although when I questioned her, it seemed like she said she was narrowing in on Tessa and Bianca for being absent yesterday.) Maybe I've been giving her too much credit because I'd been thinking 'alright, she spent all d1 in August talking about d2, and all d1 in this game talking about d2, let's see the famous d2 plays she must have squirreled away' and then she started out d2 with a little more initiative to solve and stopped her 'head empty no thoughts' mantra. I still feel she's a little null-ish and I might not be as sus of her as you, but there's a lot of day left so things can change.
is the you directed towards me or droqen?

(btw: i do not know cop meta, or whether this is a mis-play, but i just want to explicitly state: i am not playing "cop not-so-subtly hinting armadillo has been confirmed mafia." i don't have any information about armadillo. i'm just extremely suspicious.)
Post automatically merged:

gonna log off for the evening. looking forward to
- geoni's take on the d2 situation
- @Armadillo lover 's explanation of the indiscriminate murder energy

Hey guys sorry for doing this but I'm pretty much ignoring the game right now because it's my weekend and time off is really precious to me. I play mafia so I have something to do at work as I mentioned last game, if ya'll wanna yeet me for not contributing much until 2/3 the way into day 2 it's w/e. I will be looking at everyone who was not on Ghost at EoD because that would have been a stupid bus to do D1 unless you've got like ridiculous confidence/cajones. I'm working this evening btw. Hopefully it's a slow shift like Sunday usually is.

Expect a heavier reads post from me later today. I have some IRL obligations coming up soon, but I figured I'd pop in with some thoughts at least. Ghost had such a thin presence in the thread I pretty much did a mental ISO when brushing my teeth. I'm not sure how much can be gained from his actions, but it never hurts to look even in the case of a new player with a low post amount.

Most of the posts are just greetings and general bumbling around so I won't quote those.

Armadillo probably won’t respond she almost never online

This is the first post that pings me slightly. What incentive would Ghost have to step in to interfere with the Armadillo vote Droqen placed? I'm aware Ghost and Armadillo know each other IRL which does complicate things, but this is still one of the few instances where Ghost reacted even remotely strongly to anything. He was fine with ignoring direct questions about himself, but not fine with an Armadillo push.

Who should I vote??!!😭😭😭I don’t wanna vote the wrong person!!

Imma go with @BetsySundrop and vote droquen (sorry man)

Ghost TR's Betsy here and places a vote on Droqen. We know Betsy/Ghost cannot be teamed.

It's also painfully clear Ghost wasn't actually reading the thread given the Droqen vote was a RV that wasn't even on the board any more when he placed his vote. The same lack of reading will come up later with Misty.

I'm personally not quite willing to TR Droqen just for the vote by Ghost. A new player like that wouldn't bus on his own, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was also told to bus to form distance due to his growing LHF status. Side thought here: If he had an experienced player coaching then I cannot tell from the way he acted. You'd think an experienced coach wouldn't let the roleblocker prance around so carelessly while being extremely LHF. Of course if Ghost just... didn't care about the game that wouldn't matter. I hate trying to read new players so much man.

You are a huuuuuuuuuggggge notetaker so in my book she is town

Ghost TR's Misty 100% here, way more than he did with Betsy imo.
Worth noting in the same post Misty questioned him directly, but he never responded at all.

That's all I have time for at the moment. Will be back later.

Last edited:
Based on the evidence presented, I am inclined to vote for Armadillo lover. There are just too many coincidences that really stands out for Armadillo. This is based on their reactions post game of sussing everyone literally. Their interactions with Ghosts or rather Ghosts strong reaction to them. The possibility of being distanced from each other. I am voting Armadillo for now.

I was at first sus of misty sheep and droqen but after some of the posts I decided that they were probably not mafia ( but still could be mafia). Geoni I don’t really think is mafia either. But Bianca and Tessa just were not there to say anything about ghost so they could very much be mafia. But Tessa wasn’t here for almost all of day one, she was definitely here for night, and it we be hard to pin betsys death to Tessa because Tessa was not there to say anything. For all we know Tessa could have gone through all the messages and decided that Betsy was the best person to eliminate.

Bianca could have also done the same thing but I don’t want to write the same thing twice just with different names

Also I am not acting like I am gonna murder everyone because it’s so fun, I was just saying something and then was convinced otherwise.

Last edited:
I was at first sus of misty sheep and droqen but after some of the posts I decided that they were probably not mafia ( but still could be mafia). Geoni I don’t really think is mafia either. But Bianca and Tessa just were not there to say anything about ghost so they could very much be mafia. But Tessa wasn’t here for almost all of day one, she was definitely here for night, and it we be hard to pin betsys death to Tessa because Tessa was not there to say anything. For all we know Tessa could have gone through all the messages and decided that Betsy was the best person to eliminate.

Bianca could have also done the same thing but I don’t want to write the same thing twice just with different names

What can you say about the arguments about you? Do you have any defense?

That wouldn't have been a good move because you will get eliminated due to inactivity though. I feel like I've explained myself enough that my being gone day 1 has passed, and I don't know why you keep pushing that instead of somewhat defending yourself. It makes me more suspicious of you.

(I know what movie WIFOM is from but I don't know the terminology at all lol.)

To be COMPLETELY honest I do not actually know why I thought it was a great idea to specifically ask you and Sheep (and Betsy, may she rest in peace). There was just kind of a gut feeling that at some point felt totally correct, and... uhh... well I'll explain the logic even though it does not hold up upon further inspection:

1. I know for sure at least one of you is town

2. That means I can trust at least one of you to tell the truth

3. If everyone says "bussing is totally impossible" then, cool, I feel comfortable striking that from my list.

I don't know why I didn't just ask any other group of 2-3 people, but it felt relevant/important to ask the people involved in the possible bussing? Not sure why. I think it might yield more interesting readable responses though.

ok, that said, i am one thousand percent sus of @Armadillo lover . Literally nobody else is even on my radar anymore. I think this is called "tunnelling".

I don't like annnyyy of Armadillo's responses, they're all kinda throwaway deflective, and/or straight up throwing random people into wagons at the slightest provocation.

"Didn't betsy think that droqen might be mafia?" - feels like trying to refocus the target on me since i was pretty sus yesterday.

"so sheep misty and droqen are sus"
- immediately jumping on sussing a group

"I agree with sheep, tessa is sus" - again, jumping directly onto someone else's wagon

Also voted no elim without great explanation as to why.

I'm just getting extremely weird "murder everyone" energy off ya, Armadillo

One more for the record, just tossing pretty unrelated accusations to see what sticks. All these quotes were from the last 2-3 pages!!!

VERY HIGH DENSITY "MURDER ANYONE" ENERGY. thank you for attending my ted talk.

Also Armadillo lover the only one outright going "yeah you're right droqen maybe they are bussing 👀" in response to my post about bussing. Again, more weird wagon-murder-energy. In isolation not a problem, but altogether...

Also Armadillo lover the only one outright going "yeah you're right droqen maybe they are bussing 👀" in response to my post about bussing. Again, more weird wagon-murder-energy. In isolation not a problem, but altogether...

... also, in case I'm totally wrong, i was thinking about the reasons why the surviving mafia might have whacked abducted Betsy specifically:

1. Betsy was onto mafia and they were scared

2. They wanted us to think mafia was in situation 1 and scared, but were actually framing someone (Seems unlikely since Betsy was not targeting anyone in particular, so it's kind of a weak frame job.)

3. They thought Betsy might be cop
I thought we should focus on who Betsy thought was suspicious, because even though you didn’t think that I thought that, after other people’s responses I changed my mind like I just said.when did I say I agree with sheep Tessa is sus? I do think Tessa is suspicious but when did sheep also say that? I voted no elim because I didn’t think there was anyone to vote off second day I normally have more to work on, which I do. Not trying to murder everyone just trying to not get murdered. How was it unrelated, I was trying to figure out who is mafia.I never said the word bussing ( I also don’t know what bussing means please explain) . That’s all I have to say.

Here is my defense

@Armadillo lover Oh sorry i did put in quotes a bad paraphrasing of what you said re: bussing... which I realize is extra confusing because I ve used quotes for other ACTUAL quotes. The quote:

I agree, but maybe one of them are mafia and they new that ghost was definitely going to get voted off, they would want to vote ghost to avoid suspicion.

I was already putting forth the theory that they could be mafia voting ghost to avoid suspicion, and you were the only one in outright support of that theory.

* I'm cooling off the Armadillo tunnel since you have been responding a lot and haven't really been shook by anything. Still far from TR, and I'm happy to maintain my vote and roughly hold the same position.

Is there anything wrong with that?

Another vote for me

Is it because I am so suspicious of you Tessa?

You gonna give me an explanation

Last edited:
Okay just read through all of d1 and I here are my reads on everyone:

Misty: I feel like you're town because you've been providing tons of insight into the game, also you voted ghost and I feel everyone who voted ghost is probably safe as I don't imagine there would be any mafia votes mafia here, especially since there were only 3 votes on ghost so they could've turned it around.

Sheep: Started the ghost vote so not much to pin against them. I'm almost positive sheep as mafia wouldn't so willingly kill their roleblocker, so I feel thats enough to keep them as town.

Geoni: Noticed compared to the last game I played with you that you haven't been as decisive on who to vote, and you've been a little more quiet and calm. (but I know you're taking a break so enjoy your weekend) I understand the vote against me aswell because I was inactive. My question for you: during eod why did you choose not to vote for ghost?

Droqen: I feel like the armadillo vote was justified and thats also because I can easily see a ghost/armadillo duo. I know that ghost voted for you, how did you feel about that and did it affect your vote at all?

Bianca: I'm getting a town read. ik you were also gone at end of day but you seem a lot more ready to give in input today. I haven't seen much out of the ordinary.

Armadillo: Seemed the most mafia-like so I voted for you for several reasons:
The quick accusations of everyone and like droqen said, the gut reads. It just doesn't add up.

Not trying to murder everyone just trying to not get murdered.
This feels really wolfy to me. Constantly being in defense is more of a mafia-play as far as I know (like the 3 other games i've played so not much-)

You quickly switched from no elim and nothing against anyone on day 1 and then began to be suspicious of everyone day 2 and if you are mafia with ghost I feel like the no elim would be because you didn't want to vote a teammate.

Gonna stick with Armadillo unless something changes.

Is there anything wrong with that?

Another vote for me

Is it because I am so suspicious of you Tessa?

You gonna give me an explanation
i was writing my post but you can see it now.

Geoni- Noting that he did not vote Ghost and opted for a different vote. This does put him in the pile of people to consider if we look strictly at voting patterns and go with the prospect of the wolf not being on Ghost. I believe Geoni himself brought up this point. Geoni has been pretty consistent with his behaviour and nothing has pinged me too much. Also if this is wolf!Geoni would he really let the roleblocker act that way? Ghost and Geoni were briefly online at the same time so I find it hard to see as missed communication. Geoni also stated early on that LHF shouldn't be let off easy. Ghost hadn't come in yet at this point though so there was no 100% proof of him ending up a LHF. (I did personally suspect he would be, but that's a personal thing)

Okay so I'm just getting up, feel like I'm dying as per usual. IRL at least. Votes look very very spread out at the moment. I think I said for myself I'm willing to go on Armadillo/Tessa/Ghost/droqen. Betsy is saying Misty/droqen/sheep.

Bianca and Tessa just feel...gone, like they may even miss EoD at this rate. I'm gonna vote Tessa. This is in part a placeholder and in part a real vote for being super lurky. I just...don't feel great about it either. Someone posting more frequently here has got to be a wolf.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Droqen today then & has your stance remained the same? (@Geoni)

Misty- Pretty much followed me on to Ghost with only a few minutes between our votes. If wolf!Misty she could have tied so many different wagons and not risked her roleblocker. Behaviour pretty consistent, I see a genuine effort to solve. Only thing I have against Misty right now is she did technically have the urge to protect LHF people a tiny bit early on, but she clarified her words on this too. We did lack info on how Ghost would behave at this point also, as I wrote in my Geoni take. I find it hard to not TR Misty at this point.

Tessa- This is where I'm going to slightly look at things from a personality point of view so things will get muddy. If this is wolf!Tessa and her partner was Ghost... I see full incentive for her to have a total loss of motivation d1. She got yet another non-town role and her partner was missing. Tessas explanation on why she was missing is a bit eeh for me personally. Using notifs as a second excuse is weird, but the further clarification about her online patterns puts me slightly more at ease. I also am willing to additionally note that I'm not so sure even an unmotivated Tessa would go against the rules of the game and miss EOD on purpose and not just drop some random vote and book it. I'm seeing Tessa be way more active now which is good! I'll be keeping an eye on her and I expect my stance on Tessa is going to fluctuate wildly before EOD.

This post is turning in to a wall so can someone please post like, an image of a cat after I send this chunk out. Will be going on to the people missing from this take in my next post.

E013C20B-07C6-46EA-98B7-B7DF8B8AF244.jpeg
@Sheep Villager i specialize in cat photos :0

Back