• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

But how does Geo's self-sacrifice help? If he suspects me 100%, then he should just get me voted out. Why the dance around "well sure vote me (geoni) out first"?

If there was any reason i thought me getting voted out would be good for town i'd be all for it but the obvious path to victory is to vote out the two people who might be mafia from my perspective. wasting our vote on me is exactly the same as wasting our vote on either you or tessa.

Yes, but I could see from the standpoint that among the three of you, you and Geoni are the most sus. Sheep is screaming townie to me. So truly to solve this problem your or Geoni must be yeeted to help Tessa. I am not sure if Tessa thinks the same way I do. Again, this is me having focus that Sheep is the most townie out of you three. Geo' self sacrifice could come from a place of trying to solve as Geonitown or being a calculated move on wolfGeoni! I did put his arguments there but then I agreed with your argument that it could be mafiaGeoni doing very calculated moves.

That's why this game is hard without resolving either one of you.

So truly to solve this problem your or Geoni must be yeeted to help Tessa. I am not sure if Tessa thinks the same way I do.
I understand if the proposal is that we just vote me and Geoni today and tomorrow and the only question is in what order we go. But resolving "one of us" does nothing in particular for the situation. For this proposal to hold water, we have to just accept the proposition that "Sheep is definitely town," and nothing will happen overnight to change the proposition -- that is, this statement isn't really getting at the heart of the matter:

That's why this game is hard without resolving either one of you.

It's not resolving either of us that will do anything -- it's resolving both of us. Am I getting it now?

There are moments during the arguments among you three where I am like Geoni makes sense, and then Sheep makes sense and you make sense. You guys are good. I cannot play this game well. I feel bad for Tessa (sorry!)

If you're town and I get you eliminated no hard feelings.

... Btw I appreciated this message way back when but I just kinda sat on those feelings because I was very flabbergasted about the martyr strategy and I feel like I should say the same thing (to everyone). If I'm eliminated, I'm eliminated. The evidence is the evidence, we're just playing with it! No hard feelings! Mafia is hell, but hopefully we're all having a good time. I am, and I will have fun biting my nails in obs if it comes down to that.

I understand if the proposal is that we just vote me and Geoni today and tomorrow and the only question is in what order we go. But resolving "one of us" does nothing in particular for the situation. For this proposal to hold water, we have to just accept the proposition that "Sheep is definitely town," and nothing will happen overnight to change the proposition -- that is, this statement isn't really getting at the heart of the matter:

It's not resolving either of us that will do anything -- it's resolving both of us. Am I getting it now?

Yes, I am willing to accept that the weakest thing that will derail my theory is if sheep is mafia. I am operating on a vision that Sheep is definitelty town which is unfair to you and Geoni but this is mafia and we are looking for people who are wolfy or wolfing and Sheep is most likely not be the wolf out of three of you. Resolving both of you --that opportunity has passed--when mafia yeeted Misty--damn you mafia!! we need to talk!! I was hoping Misty is here so we will have three clears at this point at least.

P.S. The "sacrifice both me and Geoni" strategy continues to make no sense... it's a real mind-bender. A wolf would NEVER agree to that strategy, because they would lose. However, if two town agree to the strategy and are both eliminated, they both lose. So two town should also NEVER agree to that strategy. I don't know if Geoni is offering the strategy to test me (a naive town player who suspects Geoni might go "okay sure!", whereas a wolf would decline) or as a wolf to double-cross test me (a town player who knows what's up would never agree to the strategy, but it looks bad), but either way there's no way you can make an offer like that in good faith. Nobody should ever agree to it.

If he's town, he's saying he's willing to gamble everything on the possibility of me being a wolf.
Post automatically merged:

Ah, is this the storied WIFOM?

P.S. The "sacrifice both me and Geoni" strategy continues to make no sense... it's a real mind-bender. A wolf would NEVER agree to that strategy, because they would lose. However, if two town agree to the strategy and are both eliminated, they both lose. So two town should also NEVER agree to that strategy. I don't know if Geoni is offering the strategy to test me (a naive town player who suspects Geoni might go "okay sure!", whereas a wolf would decline) or as a wolf to double-cross test me (a town player who knows what's up would never agree to the strategy, but it looks bad), but either way there's no way you can make an offer like that in good faith. Nobody should ever agree to it.

If he's town, he's saying he's willing to gamble everything on the possibility of me being a wolf.

No, I am saying that it will give Tessa the most opportunity to up the percentage of yeeting the right wolf. Tessa could be wrong and mafia can still have a fighting chance. This a game after all right?

Because right now, tessa has 33% chance of yeeting the right wolf between you three. If we get the right combination during F3, hopefully it will not be 50/50 but more definitive higher percentage of a wolf yeet. I don't know if I make sense.

No, I am saying that it will give Tessa the most opportunity to up the percentage of yeeting the right wolf.

I suppose I have been thinking about Tessa as like... an inanimate vote-haver in the situation where Geoni and I agree to Thunderdome... where she will, in F3, just vote to eliminate the one of us who's not Sheep (sorry @tessa. that's not really cool, upon reflection.) I just don't see how circumstances are going to change after two of us are gone. The three-potential-mafia problem feels like one that we might as well fervently attempt to solve now, no point putting it off to tomorrow!

maybe I'm taking things too seriously 💀 but, gosh, this is the part i enjoy! crunching the possibilities! flinging accusations! the drama! :D

OH automerges don't update I see what's going on! how weird

Because right now, tessa has 33% chance of yeeting the right wolf between you three. If we get the right combination during F3, hopefully it will not be 50/50 but more definitive higher percentage of a wolf yeet. I don't know if I make sense.
This isn't an individual game, but we each have our own perspective.. even supposing I think it's very very likely that Sheep is Town and there's a 99% chance of Geoni being a wolf, why would I agree to remove Sheep from the voting pool when we have enough votes to take them both out? You see two votes, three potential mafia. Not enough. I see two votes, two potential mafia. It's intense, because I can see the path to victory as a foregone conclusion if only everyone somehow trusted me, lol.

But I understand how everyone else has different perspectives, I'm just not yet sure how to resolve that. This is a weird new situation!

umm and about the tessa situation, F3. again seeing things through my eyes: if geoni is eliminated today, then tessa's likelihood of wolf yeet tomorrow goes way down actually, assuming she strongly feels that sheep is town.

@Biancasbotique

(*if geoni is eliminated today and he flips town, that is)

Last edited:
@Sheep Villager about defensiveness: i'd always like to hear your responses to the things i've pointed out as sus in your behaviour- hearing your explanation is part of the process of trying to understand whether i'm wrong to call them out as mafia.

responding naturally regarding my mental/emotional/logical state (even if a bit broken now and then, evidently*) as i posted things in the past is something that's effortless for me to do as town, but much harder for mafia since they have something to hide.

* i have no excuse for my confusing stance on inactivity... it's just confused. 😬

(#45) "Could be theatre" regarding Tessa/Misty, then adds no real content

I'm not really sure what you want me to say about this? The exchange genuinely was so null that just as I said back then it could go both ways. There's only so much one can say about a 'Hey are you PR' 'No phew I'm town' exchange. I'm not exactly going to TR something that meaningless, but there also wasn't anything else to discuss between me waking up and falling asleep.

(page 3 and on) Tunnelling on me for my no-elim question a bit, as well as for being idle, as well as saying "#64 feels a bit panicked". No quote there, not much backing it up, so all someone really gets at a glance is 'hmm droqen is acting panicked, that's suspicious..'

Can I just say this post actually pinged me too because you're taking part in the thing you claim I was doing lol. You didn't quote my post and tilted it a bit there.

#64 feels a bit panicked. Wolf panic or town panic, I wonder. The nintendo direct thing does hold up for me though.

Here's the full quote regarding the panic bit. I really did mean it when I said 'or town panic' as your reaction landed in some weird in between zone for me, mainly because of how little thought your initial response to my no-elim statement had which seemed slightly on the townside. I was also not the first person to marvel at your idleness so not sure why that pings you.

(page 6 and on) Tunnelling on Betsy's RV quite a bit! They acknowledge that it's tunnelling but that doesn't make it less doubt-seed-y imo

Betsy tunnel is so well documented at this point that I don't have any new remark about it besides that I was wrong? Sorry to Betsy in obs chat.

(#107) 'Funny old hot takes' spoiler on Misty, read this one yourself. Not a big seed but follows the pattern of "mild seed of doubt based on not much and then quickly dismissed"

I would be concerned if anyone took this seriously in any capacity given even I personally tore it apart immediately.

(#114) Microread on me talking to Ghost and saying "if towny". Not big or content-ful enough to be defended against.

Discussed in my Big Fat Droqen Post.

The last thing Sheep says about the Betsy tunnel is "I see no reason to engage the Betsy tunnel further at this point of EOD." At this point nobody had bitten. Why would Geoni (or I) be motivated to eliminate a towny in the sights of Sheep's lingering deathtunnel? From our perspective it is legitimate and still potentially alive.

Given how close to EOD it was and my own increasingly hesitant feelings about Betsy it felt like the tunnel was only distracting town given how dead silent the thread had gone during our yammering. Got the feeling that whoever was wolfing at that point was very much grateful that I was derailing EOD so badly (looks like I was right). It's why I would have been content to solve Betsy d2 with more time on the clock and instead wanted to focus on address all the other oddities that were getting swept under the rug.

Concluding with: Most of the things you pointed out are things I genuinely feel land in the 'everyone makes their own conclusions' side of things. My input on these matters isn't going to do much when it comes to the seeds of doubt type of inspection you've got going on.

seeds of doubt type of inspection you've got going on.
I have yet to ever vote for the right person, so there is certainly something wrong with the form of my inspection.

I'm not really sure what you want me to say about this? The exchange genuinely was so null that just as I said back then it could go both ways. There's only so much one can say about a 'Hey are you PR' 'No phew I'm town' exchange. I'm not exactly going to TR something that meaningless, but there also wasn't anything else to discuss between me waking up and falling asleep.

(y)

Can I just say this post actually pinged me too because you're taking part in the thing you claim I was doing lol. You didn't quote my post and tilted it a bit there.
Here's the full quote regarding the panic bit. I really did mean it when I said 'or town panic' as your reaction landed in some weird in between zone for me, mainly because of how little thought your initial response to my no-elim statement had which seemed slightly on the townside. I was also not the first person to marvel at your idleness so not sure why that pings you.

(y) Oh..jeez yep this really is my bad. I'm probably paranoia-tunnelling on you like I did with Damniel last game, I did not even see the next part I just jumped on this :/

Betsy tunnel is so well documented at this point that I don't have any new remark about it besides that I was wrong? Sorry to Betsy in obs chat.

(y)i feel this energy

I would be concerned if anyone took this seriously in any capacity given even I personally tore it apart immediately.

HMMM. Okay. It's true, you do, I'm not sure it was a great teardown, but I'll give you this.

Discussed in my Big Fat Droqen Post.

(y)

Given how close to EOD it was and my own increasingly hesitant feelings about Betsy it felt like the tunnel was only distracting town given how dead silent the thread had gone during our yammering. Got the feeling that whoever was wolfing at that point was very much grateful that I was derailing EOD so badly (looks like I was right). It's why I would have been content to solve Betsy d2 with more time on the clock and instead wanted to focus on address all the other oddities that were getting swept under the rug.

You're not responding to the point I was trying to make, which was - why would Geoni (or I, for that matter) eliminate Betsy rather than someone else? I think it's 100% fine that you decided to put things off until d2, but why would

Concluding with: Most of the things you pointed out are things I genuinely feel land in the 'everyone makes their own conclusions' side of things. My input on these matters isn't going to do much when it comes to the seeds of doubt type of inspection you've got going on.

Hmm. I already responded to this above, but still thinking about it. It makes sense, I need to think on this awhile. Tunnelling is a word I probably need to consciously apply to my thought patterns IRL a little more.

Last edited:
I'm also probably going to be heading off for the night now as it's getting late and I still don't exactly feel great.

Will be responding to new things tomorrow. I do feel like at this point I've checked d1-2 enough that I need to focus my attention more on strictly d3 behaviour tomorrow, which I've been neglecting due to low energy today. Probably for the best I see the fabled thunderdome happen before I expend too much energy on d3 reads anyway.

Ah darn I missed @Sheep Villager . Have a good rest!

You're not responding to the point I was trying to make, which was - why would Geoni (or I, for that matter) eliminate Betsy rather than someone else? I think it's 100% fine that you decided to put things off until d2, but why would

Didn't finish this sentence and was curious, I think the Betsy night elim is a sticking point for me. Anyone got any theories on why either Geoni or I would have eliminated Betsy n1, when Sheep seemed ready to arm up for a d2 Betsy campaign?

aaa guys okay there is so much to catch up with. I've read a couple of today's posts but I'm just finishing up school (around a half hour left) so I won't be posting for a sec-

Sad I didn't get to have a discussion with Sheep but I'll look over your posts and see what you've said so far.

Man I had an eye doctor appointment today and during it I get a call about an appointment reminder for a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 2pm I forgot about, it's day 3 of Dan's game all over again lol but thankfully this isn't LYLO like that was and I'll have an hour to vote and I won't forget about a sneaky blitz. (y)

I don't have much time to unpack all this right now, gotta eat and get ready for work, but I see there's plenty to digest here.

Sorry I couldn't interact with you much live here, Sheep. I really wanted to. 😭

(deleted because of technical issues)

okay i may or may not have gotten distracted drawing my oc in stardew valley-

sorta off topic anyway here we go

Droqen states he's not sure about how good of an idea it is to vote out low-activity players while simultaneously sussing Ghost a bit. It weirds me out how much of a free pass Ghost gets in this post when he was more supposedly more suspicious to Droqen compared to the low-actives he wasn't sure about voting.

If we read in to a Droqen/Ghost team with the idea that this was a distance vote it'd make sense to apply pressure to further the distance. I'm willing to note in this case that I feel this conversation could have taken place in Mafia chat and not the thread so it's a bit eh. A bit weird Ghost just slapped the vote on mid conversation with Droqen.

By this point what happened to the sus on Ghost? Where did it go? It seems he started with one and then it just poofed. By this point Ghost hadn't addressed any of the deflecting behavior that caused his sus but Droqen just dropped it entirely. Additionally it's fascinating he gives a positive note about Armadillo here considering where his vote d1 lands.

I really agree with the strangeness around Droqen's inconsistency throughout the game. Not much to add on as you already quoted and stuff, just saying yeah I agree C:

I don't have a cat, but I can respond to the ghost thing 😅 It didn'toccur to me how bad it would look upon inspection, but I had a weird soft spot for ghost's extremely confusingly bad play, and considering what happened to blooming last game felt really bad about eliminating their brother who was specially invited to the game. When the news came out that ghost was mafia I still felt... bad, and still relieved I hadn't voted for him. "Mafia is hell," i think i said, just before voting closed.

This, IMO, is a pretty bad excuse. Just saying you "feel bad" for a player really doesn't make any sense at all. Even though it is b100ming's brother and his first time playing, that doesn't change the fact that it is just a game. I wouldn't expect anyone to refrain from voting somebody just because they "felt bad".

Wasn't gut feelings part of the reason you voted Armadillo? If so, are you using it as an excuse for not voting somebody? Again, more inconsistency.

wasting our vote on me is exactly the same as wasting our vote on either you or tessa.

Except me and Bianca are guaranteed, and you have plenty of evidence against you; arguably the most in the game, making you a vote that could potentially be beneficial. Even if you did get voted off and you were town, that would still be helpful information to know because of Sheep and Geoni's actions towards you.

There are moments during the arguments among you three where I am like Geoni makes sense, and then Sheep makes sense and you make sense. You guys are good. I cannot play this game well. I feel bad for Tessa (sorry!)

AMEN

I suppose I have been thinking about Tessa as like... an inanimate vote-haver in the situation where Geoni and I agree to Thunderdome... where she will, in F3, just vote to eliminate the one of us who's not Sheep (sorry @tessa. that's not really cool, upon reflection.) I just don't see how circumstances are going to change after two of us are gone. The three-potential-mafia problem feels like one that we might as well fervently attempt to solve now, no point putting it off to tomorrow!

Again I see more defensive behavior. Getting voted off shouldn't be a problem for you if you are town (or towny;)) because the information that you are town is enough to provide a ton of helpful insight.

hopefully fixed?

ah yes very fixed

Addressing Geoni in this post, will be back later with a Droqen one because I already know I will find way more suspicious things with him since much like a telemarketer he has been ringing me non-stop for this whole game. d2 cut off before I even got started on my d2 thoughts on him so there's going to be a lot.

This post was a big part of why I've been so lenient on you. You were the only person in this whole thread who properly interrupted my Betsy tunnel. You pretty much grabbed both of us by the neck and if you were wolfing it I find it hard to believe you wouldn't let me and Betsy try to eliminate each other. What incentive would there ever be for a wolf to stop a town on town deathtunnel. However, I am also notoriously bad at forming a towncore so maybe I was being too lenient by letting you squeak by just due to this read.

Relooking at the situation I do see some interest from you about voting me, so I can't entirely close out the fact you may have been soft pushing me. It does conflict with your OMGUS comment which is interesting now that I think about it. The same post was also in response to a post from Betsy lamenting about not wanting to hit a lhf town over a potential wolf. It pings me as a bit wolfy to reinforce Betsys thoughts on lhf when Ghost was a wolf.

Actually before that post Droqen had also chimed in with potential interest in me so the potential pushing wouldn't have been totally unexplained:

--------- fancy line break to prevent massive quote blocks-------------

Why have you been so consistent about this being AI btw? New wolves freeze all the time and in my wolf game with an experienced partner (Ace) I was told several times to specifically not post in the thread and to stay away until Ace gave me the go ahead to talk again (or until the day had ended). If it wasn't a downright freeze, given the floundering Ghost was doing is it really shocking to think about a world where his partner straight up told him to not say anything any more.

@Biancasbotique You've been playing on here the longest, have you ever had a wolf!Geoni in your game? Do you have any sort of meta memories on how he played it? Was he more of a calculative long term manipulator or someone who jumped at opportunities asap?

@Sheep Villager since this is a response to me quoting your way too forgiving read on me day 2 is it not just...all that stuff I just quoted you saying? Now you're saying it's just one moment that actually made you lenient, does that other stuff you used to continue lightly townleaning me in that post not apply for you anymore in a re-eval after I got concerned about it?

I also think you are wrongly applying what I said to Betty as meaning I was softly pushing you. When I asked Betty if she was still looking at voting you I was simply asking about where her headspace was at after I made that 'stop fighting you two' post you just referenced. Unless I am misreading that you're misreading or something.

I'm wildly irked by you specifically appealing to Bianca and her past games with me when I recall rolling my eyes at Bianca saying something like 'Geo still alive huh' day two (I'll have to double check) and that's just...so tired already and you are inflaming the sentiment when you were straight up in a game with Ace just TWO GAMES AGO where had Ace not forfeited you know he would have had to pull me into F3.

Geoni is not fearkilled it seems?

c98jz.jpg

Yeeep she certainly did

What was your intention pinging Bianca the way you just did when she already clarified she gets paranoid when I am not offed night 1?

@Biancasbotique that Bert deathstare is for you too. What's next, the revival of Godfather theory? :cautious:

(Taking a break from analysis to respond)

I think this, like with Geoni, is because that makes the vote easier - you think Sheep is 'almost-definitely-town', and it makes sense that you'd rather be in a group of [Town, Towncore, Unknown] than [Town, Unknown, Unknown]. I definitely get where you're coming from and I think that you taking this perspective 100% makes sense.

Imagine you weren't confirmed town by Bianca though, and you knew that F3 was going to be a vote between you (who you know is town but nobody else does) and someone else. Would you rather that someone else be:
  • A player who must, at this point, be mafia, but who everyone else has thought is town all game, or
  • A player who must, at this point, be mafia, and who is already kinda sus?
From Geoni's perspective (if he is town), right now the voting pool looks like this:

• Geoni (definitely town)
  • Sheep Villager (almost definitely town)
  • droqen (pretty sus)
If Sheep gets voted out then F3 is a much easier battle: He just needs to convince you to vote for droqen, who is already pretty sus. Easy.

If droqen gets voted out then F3 is a much harder battle: He needs to fabricate a lot of evidence against Sheep.

In the short run, he's claiming that Sheep is too obviously town to be a viable vote, but I disagree with this as a 'how to win the whole game' strategy. And... it hasn't been presented as "I want to vote droqen because droqen is probably wolf", which I would be a lot more comfortable with handling. Instead it's "I'd rather end up in an F3 with an impossible opponent." Why?

(I'm struggling because I think this is an equally bad strategy as wolf, so I really think it is just a strategic mismatch/miscommunication/something. None of this is "Geoni is wolf or not wolf", it's just frazzling me unnecessarily)

(I'm sure by the time I'm done my read-through I will have formed an opinion on whether I think this behaviour is coming from a wolfy perspective. All I know right now is I don't get it from a towny perspective.)

(Could it be posturing so that when F3 comes around Geoni can say "Look, I tried my best to give you a good F3, tessa! I'm as confused as you but I'm definitely town!" ?)

I'm not as almost definitely town on Sheep as I was at the start of this day but yes I still think overall that Sheep has made moves that would be particularly insanely bold if a wolf and that there has been an eagerness to figure out alignments of others in the game from the get in a way that felt really like...emotionally doubtful. I'm still reading through both of your stuff from ISOing today but as I stood, yes, Sheep > You but it's also not without a feeling in my gut that you're giving me too much towny town to feel confident, it's just that like I said (maybe not in this wording) that if Sheep was a wolf bussing Ghost there they deserve a ticket to F3 over us and we can afford one more mistake if you are even a mistake. But I digress. And no if I were a wolf in F3 with Tessa I would probably get hard eliminated before I could even pull that statement.

I've seen far too many town losses where people lose games they shouldn't have because they over-thought the situation they were in and that's manipulated by wolves. Super super nuanced stuff comes at LYLO.

Last edited:
This, IMO, is a pretty bad excuse. Just saying you "feel bad" for a player really doesn't make any sense at all. Even though it is b100ming's brother and his first time playing, that doesn't change the fact that it is just a game. I wouldn't expect anyone to refrain from voting somebody just because they "felt bad".

Wasn't gut feelings part of the reason you voted Armadillo? If so, are you using it as an excuse for not voting somebody? Again, more inconsistency.

It is not a great, or really noticeably externally consistent, reason. It is just what happened. I will definitely do my best not to let these kinds of emotions get in the way of doing what needs to be done in future games of mafia.

(I'm going to practice this a bit more in this post.)

~

I'm aware you (tessa) and Bianca are 100% confirmed for everyone whereas I am only 100% confirmed for myself, but from my perspective I am as town as you two (likewise, from Geoni/Sheep's perspective, whichever is town knows they themselves are town and that a vote for them is the "wrong answer"). Discussing this line of thought was specifically explaining why I felt a strong aversion to Geoni's plan, and also why I didn't understand how he came to the conclusion it was a good idea himself either. To both of us, there are exactly two possible mafia, and his plan is to exclude half of the viable mafia pool... for what reason? Still doesn't seem reasonable. If Geoni wants me out, he should vote me out. Why tie his own fate to mine? Who benefits?

I still don't get it, but everyone has responded and thinks it's very reasonable and doesn't get why i don't think it's reasonable, so... I guess that's that?

~

Even if you did get voted off and you were town, that would still be helpful information to know because of Sheep and Geoni's actions towards you.

This never even occurred to me! I guess there will be a lot of material since we keep making it.

~

Okay, I was going to vote for Geoni but I'm legit not sure if I should bother voting for him. I still don't understand accepting the inevitability of the Thunderdome. If the idea is that it's individually worthwhile to sacrifice yourself (i.e. to accept the sacrifice of a guaranteed townie) for the sake of the group, does it really matter which one of us goes?? Just so utterly confused by this thing that everyone is agreed upon. I'm fine with dying but I'm not participating in the Thunderdome. Someone is going to die.. It should just be the person people think is most likely wolf.

If I'm the person people think is most likely wolf, I should be voted and eliminated. Get me out of the way so we have a stronger town contender against whoever is mafia. I feel like my brain is just completely short-circuiting on the whole idea of the Thunderdome specifically being me and Geoni and the entire discussion surrounding it.

You should definitely vote for the person you're more suspicious of. I'll be getting my twin analysis down asap (I'm only on page 7 though... too much content lol) (I'll have a couple explanations for things I've been called out on as well)

I mean - in this situation, for you (@tessa.) specifically, you should vote for the person you're more suspicious of unless everyone's voting all crazy wild and voting for the person you're most suspicious of means someone else will gets voted out ofc.

I assume your interaction with Tessa here is more or less just you saying that you think the clear should vote who they suspect on this day, that you acknowledge it's the two of us she suspects the most, but you intend to make sure you express all your misgivings on Sheep because you don't share the same stances? @droqen

I've seen far too many town losses where people lose games they shouldn't have because they over-thought the situation they were in and that's manipulated by wolves. Super super nuanced stuff comes at LYLO.
(y) I am an overthinker. It has not historically served me well.

I assume your interaction with Tessa here is more or less just you saying that you think the clear should vote who they suspect on this day, that you acknowledge it's the two of us she suspects the most, but you intend to make sure you express all your misgivings on Sheep because you don't share the same stances? @droqen
There's some deep short-circuity-regret mixed in there that there's no way to engineer a situation where I win, because I have all the knowledge now! This never happened last game! From last game, coming into this one, I thought if I discovered The Solution we'd be able to win. So it's just been two pages of me coming to terms with the fact that no, that's not how this game works. (Or, well, not always how this game works.)

A lot of my misgivings on Sheep came from tunnelling as a result of those emotions -- "The Solution is in our grasp!" I thought, except you seemed to want to eliminate us both, which was not The Solution, it was a maybe-loss.

Sure, I want to express all my misgivings on Sheep and I think everyone should gather all evidence available, but I think I'd like to say to everyone who reads it that I came at my analysis from a highly tunnel-skewed perspective.

Last edited:
UGH I hate when both of the unclears have plenty of redeeming moments and droqen I can especially understand the frustration from your PoV that Sheep's redeeming moment (Ghost yeet) carries so much more weight but unfortunately for me it just... does. Idk

Back