• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

Also let me get this out of the way since I know it'll be asked of me and it's my worst looking moment: I really wanted Tessa eliminated over Ghost on day 1, because at that time, it was starting to feel like Ghost was being spewed town by how little defense there seemed to be of him and that he wasn't even trying to be around as heat started to pile onto him in the last thirty or so minutes, I would think even as newbie wolf he'd have jumped on whatever wagon seemed the most likely to work out (Tessa!) but also given the votes on him were so last minute he may not have been paying attention enough. Probably figured droqen would have succeeded in making Armadillo happen fairly easily because lets face it...Armadillo could have just as likely been yeeted there had I joined in pushing him rather than Tessa. It still feels bad to see him not get a chance to really play the game though regardless of alignment, hope he doesn't not want to try mafia again because of that experience but in that moment he was still lackluster in contribution compared to others so it didn't fully surprise me in spite of thinking he was townspewed.

I think, given the PoE we have now, it's pretty clear to me that he and droqen thought they didn't want to risk being contradictory in their distance by having Ghost hop onto Armadillo with Droqen who he was just voting but I still think he would have voted Tessa with me and it may have been that he just plain old wasn't around in those last 30 minutes when he was looking to be a more viable elimination. And in that last minute if he looked to be yeeted and it was actually Tessa he could have voted, that would have made Tessa spewed town alongside his voters? Because if I were in droqen's shoes there I would have just told him to take advantage of my vote on Tessa and then hop on Tessa himself but they would have needed to be in much faster communication there. So I'm guessing what actually happened was that were more or less just trapped in that moment giving them so little time thanks to Sheep/Betsy/Misty. But man if Ghost was yeeted on day 2 as wolf RBer we would have gotten much more to work with here in finding his partner day 3. So I maintain I'm lowkey peeved that Armadillo or Tessa weren't yeeted day 1 instead. 😂

Is this d3 post oddly defensive for Geoni? It wasn't discussed much way back when it happened, but I was briefly, flickeringly suspicious that Geoni voted for tessa. At that time his position seemed as uncertain as mine.

Consider them in yellow and worthy of a vote until they do something that convinces me they're trying to solve the game: Ghost, Tessa, Armadillo, Droqen

Votes look very very spread out at the moment. I think I said for myself I'm willing to go on Armadillo/Tessa/Ghost/droqen. Betsy is saying Misty/droqen/sheep.

Ghost and Armadillo both just plain old don't seem caught up and seem lost? Ghost is voting droqen though so there's at least some sort of argument I'd like to see him make there, I haven't really been thrilled with droqen either. Tessa just never game back with what was promised and has one of the more vocal players in the game townreading her (kinda) which concerns me.

Bianca and Tessa just feel...gone, like they may even miss EoD at this rate. I'm gonna vote Tessa. This is in part a placeholder and in part a real vote for being super lurky. I just...don't feel great about it either. Someone posting more frequently here has got to be a wolf.

Day ends at 3:30 right? We've only got a few more minutes.

@Geoni Why Tessa? Is it related to the fact that I already voted Tessa?

No. I feel like I'm just swinging at someone committing but just barely committing to the game that I would also expect to commit compared to say...Ghost and Armadillo because they're seeming a little more lost and it's hard to tell because of their newness. Blah.

Looking back, I don't really like this answer to my question at all! It feels like there is a possibility that he was trying to deflect away from something that I noticed (trying to join a wagon), to refocus on a different narrative.

I think I am more frustrated by the 'shouldnt be alive' because I absolutely can't defend against something like that and seeing it brought as a point against me right now is beyond annoying. I guess one more game of me making it to day 3 as town is needed for my meta though so whatever. Just wanted to pause and say that as a player.
I'm still wondering why Sheep is still alive out of the three proven-innocent Ghost voters. I'd have much more reasonable doubts about Betsy just jumping on the easy Ghost-bus-wagon. I suppose mafia could have been guessing them as cop over Sheep due to Sheep's high visibility? Still don't know cop meta.

Droqen did you process any of what Geoni said about the 'shouldn't be alive' theory not being something one can defend against. I do not understand how you looked at Geonis response and went 'Well, Geoni can't defend being alive so it's NAI... but what about if I put Sheep in this exact position and read it as AI?'. You're basically saying you're fine with not inspecting Geonis alive status but invested in then doing that to me.

Just a bit lost here dude.

Droqen did you process any of what Geoni said about the 'shouldn't be alive' theory not being something one can defend against. I do not understand how you looked at Geonis response and went 'Well, Geoni can't defend being alive so it's NAI... but what about if I put Sheep in this exact position and read it as AI?'. You're basically saying you're fine with not inspecting Geonis alive status but invested in then doing that to me.

With Geoni it's specifically about the meta of Geoni being fearkilled extremely early on when he's town. (As far as I understand it.)

I do regret that theory against you (do you want me to expand on that?), but that's unrelated to what i understood about the geoni situation.

With Geoni it's specifically about the meta of Geoni being fearkilled extremely early on when he's town. (As far as I understand it.)

I do regret that theory against you (do you want me to expand on that?), but that's unrelated to what i understood about the geoni situation.

Sure go for it.
I'm quite frankly lost on your thought process when it comes to the sus on me so expand on why me being alive says anything.

I guess part of it is that rn it seems your values are:

wagons - NAI
being alive - NAI/AI (depending on person)
night kills - AI

I can't process this from a town perspective. Night kills are not something town can prove. Being alive is not something town can prove. Wagons are past actions of the living, shouldn't they amount to something at least?

I'm up and aroundish for just a few minutes here before my appointment.

Is this d3 post oddly defensive for Geoni? It wasn't discussed much way back when it happened, but I was briefly, flickeringly suspicious that Geoni voted for tessa. At that time his position seemed as uncertain as mine.

Looking back, I don't really like this answer to my question at all! It feels like there is a possibility that he was trying to deflect away from something that I noticed (trying to join a wagon), to refocus on a different narrative.

Considering I hadn't said much -at all- day 2 my position was probably even more uncertain than yours and I like to get the defending myself part of being in a PoE out of the way quickly as possible so I can focus on actually looking at what's currently being said. Not really defending that answer on day 1 btw, joining an existing vote isn't something I feel the need to give a deflective answer to on day 1 especially lol.

Ok, wrapping up my 'finding suspicious things about Geoni' project, I've been going over the arc of Geoni going pretty hard on PoE. I'm not going to quote it all, just... I do get some weird vibes that make me remember why I reacted like I did to the Thunderdome proposal.

It genuinely needs to be just droqen or myself today. The game is almost in auto at this point fmpov. I say almost because of the like... 0.001% chance Sheep is last wolf but the game is pretty easy at this point if I'm to trust my own judgement.

@tessa. what's your read on Sheep at this point? Like Bianca just said, you'll be in F3.

This one specific quote seems weird to me. Geoni says Sheep is definitely not the wolf, it's between droqen and Geoni, and then asks tessa about her read on Sheep. Not her read on droqen vs Geoni, the currently relevant scenario? Not anyone else's read? I dunno. The focus just seemed off.

wagons - NAI
night kills - AI

Did droqen at some point talk about someone being alive being AI depending on the person? I vaguely recall something but that he never elaborated on it as you were being more shady towards me in your @ Bianca moment about my meta.

Did droqen at some point talk about someone being alive being AI depending on the person? I vaguely recall something but that he never elaborated on it as you were being more shady towards me in your @ Bianca moment about my meta.

Post automatically merged:

I see the quotes mangled but I made a post about it in this page.

The wondering about me being alive was in direct response to your frustrations about the whole Bianca thing.

Ok, wrapping up my 'finding suspicious things about Geoni' project, I've been going over the arc of Geoni going pretty hard on PoE. I'm not going to quote it all, just... I do get some weird vibes that make me remember why I reacted like I did to the Thunderdome proposal.

This one specific quote seems weird to me. Geoni says Sheep is definitely not the wolf, it's between droqen and Geoni, and then asks tessa about her read on Sheep. Not her read on droqen vs Geoni, the currently relevant scenario? Not anyone else's read? I dunno. The focus just seemed off.

Not really I think understanding what kinda day I'll be in is pretty relevant.

Like what kinda day you'll be in if you make it to F3, right?

Nah today. Though we did briefly discuss whether this thing would go to F3 and what kinda F3 it would be. I was starting this day thinking how everyone else did about Sheep so once Bianca caused it to boil down to just three of us I'm just sitting there like 'yeah this is just gonna be a Thunderdome between droqen and myself isn't it' but what did throw me off was that you genuinely didn't want to and suspected Sheep more so I found it worthwhile to at least hear you out and do a re-eval based on what was said today.

As much as I was pinged by some minor shade by Sheep on this day I have come back around to thinking overall you're more likely to flip wolf. Especially now that you're finally making your last hour pivot my way it seems.

Which, if you succeed at, hooray for you. *shrug*

I gotta get going here, will try to take part in some last min discussion if my appointment doesn't take too long.

Alright, time to expand a bit.

Roughly speaking, the reason why I now regret bringing up the theory is that it's very theoretical and imaginary. I can imagine a scenario where you survive because you are mafia, and I can imagine a scenario where you are nightkilled because you are proven town. Somehow these got connected, like, why would my imaginary scenario not happen?

Like I said, I regret it.

wagons - NAI
night kills - AI

I can't process this from a town perspective. Night kills are not something town can prove. Being alive is not something town can prove. Wagons are past actions of the living, shouldn't they amount to something at least?

I... don't have constant values like this. Maybe I need them to defeat the imaginary theories, but I feel like being too constant is exploitable by mafia?

I have come back around to thinking overall you're more likely to flip wolf. Especially now that you're finally making your last hour pivot my way it seems.

Tessa asked me to share what I found slightly suspicious against Geoni, so I did:

However, you said you didn't find much to put against Geoni, but is there anything at all you found slightly suspicious?

Hello @tessa. if you're still here. Did you want to talk about anything? I think you missed me just barely last night.
My lunch just ended, so I cant talk but I have 2 questions rq:
What's your main reason for voting droqen?
What made you the most suspicious of Ghost and why did you vote him as well?

Dunno if you already answered these, but feel free to lmk and quote/mention previous posts.

My lunch just ended, so I cant talk but I have 2 questions rq:
What's your main reason for voting droqen?
What made you the most suspicious of Ghost and why did you vote him as well?

Dunno if you already answered these, but feel free to lmk and quote/mention previous posts.

1. Asking me to boil things down is a rough one when his case is such a collection of various things across the game. I guess I just cannot see the plethora of things he's done as town if I compare to Geoni right now. TL;DR: Behaviour.

2. Avoiding dodging questions was the big one. I specifically had a first hand experience on this when he was confused and I offered help and instead he went for a joke response with 0 interest in solving the game. This wasn't isolated to just me though, he'd directly go 'wow you talk a lot so youre town' to a post by Misty where she asked him directly about things with no response to the claim. Either he was 1. Not interested at all in ever playing the game 2. Wolfing and dodging questions.

In the end my vote was mostly because of how difficult he was and I felt frustrated at his behaviour since I could never see him being someone who would help town. At this point half of town was missing and either I voted Droqen (Betsy was not happening & I was growing uncertain) and risked a ghost town d2 or I vote out someone who will very likely remain with 0 investment in the game/avoiding topics and then sort out Betsy/Droqen when it's not EOD.

I'm voting for Geoni. What else can I do?

-- I'll be around in case our two guaranteed townies want to vote Sheep for some reason and need me to break the tie, but realistically, that's not happening! I won't know who is who from obs so I'll be sweating along with you @tessa. 😅

I'm voting for Geoni. What else can I do?

-- I'll be around in case our two guaranteed townies want to vote Sheep for some reason and need me to break the tie, but realistically, that's not happening! I won't know who is who from obs so I'll be sweating along with you @tessa. 😅
Why are you voting for Geoni over Sheep? Just wondering.

Why are you voting for Geoni over Sheep? Just wondering.
I've been convinced that Geoni is the one more likely to be voted out of the two of them. At this point I'm close enough to 50-50 myself that I just want to support your & bianca's vote, whatever it is. The coward's way out, I know, but I keep second-guessing myself and at this point I don't have a clue.

Back