• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

I could be very wrong here, but these are my town reads.

Geoni- I see geoni in this game as the guy who collects reports from everyone else and puts them all together at the end of the day into one cohesive, loonng, wall. I think geoni is town (so far) because he analyzes everything, gives original perspectives, has follow up questions, and all of his reads have logical reasons and post examples to back them up. For a good example of this, see posts 87, 88, 88, 90. This is very consistent with last game when geoni was town.

Bianca- I've got bianca as town for now, for similar reasons. She gave a good reads post (86) and her posts, tone, activity are all very consistent with last game when she was town. I think bianca does something similar to geoni, catching up on everything, then giving long posts w/reads. I believe (and I could be wrong) that both geoni and bianca would have a bit more involvement with trying to influence the game if wolf. At this time, they both seem to be in overall analysis/solving mode.

I agree with Betsysundrop on geoni being town, he just has been collecting information, just like he did the last game I played with him.

I’m scared of dieing in mafia and getting voted off as towny

Maybe think of it like a puzzle to figure out? Read through things, ask people questions, give your opinions. You might be surprised how easy it is to really get into it once you do. :)
Post automatically merged:

I will post my last reads in a bit. I still have misty, dro, and sheep.

Who should I vote??!!😭😭😭I don’t wanna vote the wrong person!!
😅 The only person you can trust in here is yourself!! IMO you can never be 100% on anyone else (unless you're the cop or mafia), so it's very important for you to come to your own conclusions.

(I had this written then I noticed you voted me! You should explain the reasoning behind your vote, so people can make reads based on your reads.)

I can possibly clear up a couple things, here. You may have a different play style from me, and mine may change over time as I get more experience. For now, I like to state what I'm doing before I do it. So when I said I was throwing a dart, casting a vote, I was very interested in getting more input from people who had been quiet so far. I don't think that's shallow or theatre? I just was a bit frustrated at having nothing to go on for any sort of sus/clear readings.

Last game, droqen was verrry active d1 as town. This game (at that point) was verry quiet. So I decided to start with droqen, and question why he was so quiet. (At that point he only had 1 introduction post, I believe). A few hours later, droqen responded, and has been active ever since. So I think my rv for droqen was very helpful. I wouldn't call it nothing.

And the next rv for geoni was meant in a joking manner, referring to a joke from last game (old dogs) and also because of his earlier comment of not having a d1 vote yet, which is why I specifically stated it was so he didn't feel left out.

I also have directly questioned some on wolf/town status, and noted their reactions (or lack of response at all), and followed up on questioning things that seemed off to me in order to clarify.

Clarifying; I don't mean you haven't done anything (ie. waking up Droqen), it's just the actions themselves have felt empty to me. Yes you did get Droqen to start talking again, but that wasn't so much due to you saying anything about it. Misty already touched on this I believe, but you didn't actually talk to Droqen after the RV. You just did the minimum effort of casting the vote with no follow up.

The Droqen RV also comes off as empty to me due to the fact it came immediately after Misty gave you a small townread for considering RV. It feels way less like it was your town based decision and way more like you're gaining something else from it, especially since an announced RV is ehh. RV'ing Droqen also isn't exactly a risky thing to do either from a wolf point of view. Him being more silent than before wasn't exactly a secret. If you are wolf and your RV went ignored that would have been an easy wagon, if you got Droqen to speak again then well, you don't lose much. Especially when you then didn't even interact with him when he awakened from his slumber.

The geoni RV I was unaware of being based on a joke from the last game, thank you for clearing that up.

I'll try to come out of my tunnel and go take a second look at your questioning because I seem to recall it mainly circling around you being called out for lack of follow up. (+ then contradicting yourself)

Oh, I completely missed Ghost's merge post

You just did the minimum effort of casting the vote with no follow up.
I feel like casting the vote is more than minimum effort... There were lots of people not casting any votes at all, and many others commenting (in worried tones) about how nobody is the type to cast the first stone.

Armadillo- I don't actually know, because I don't know the experience level. If experienced player, I'd put as wolf leaning, because of response to Misty's question, you wolfin it? Armadillo responded with 'What do you mean?' If experienced, that's odd. If not experienced, then not sus. I just haven't seen much activity, and I would like to see more from armadillo, because inactive town doesn't help town much...

Inexperienced player. Armadillo only has one game besides this one under her belt at least on this forum. I know her last game on here was also her very first one.

Just gonna go back and answer a few questions/concerns. I like how many posts there've been since I logged off last night, but all this reading and analyzing is gonna keep me busy until the end of the day and I want to interact with people more, esp the ones who had been awol before this so I guess I'll try to address anything addressed too me and anything else that really caught my attention.

Speaking of which do you still feel okay about Tessa at this point in the day @Miss Misty because I see only a mildly mildly mildly good thought in that she said 'thank goodness I only have to be responsible for myself' which is a valid feeling about being town vs being on a wolf team but even that's fakeable enough like I feel I have next to nothing here with this slot.
Still null on her at this point. Back to being a true null. She said a couple of good things and I liked the seemingly-genuine emotion, but the early-day brownie points she got from me for seeming engaged with being town have evaporated at this point as she's given us no further content to go on. Anybody can talk the talk and say they're town, but you've gotta walk the walk and try to solve if you want people to believe that claim. After several people were willing to take the claim at face value, I don't see a reason to retreat to wolf chat and camp out there to avoid the thread, so I'd be inclined to think her absence is irl-related (so NAI).

Miss Misty: My biggest issue I had was the moment that someone pointed out earlier where Misty was like 'I don't want to yeet LHF' when honestly we've had a LHF wolf only one game ago and had I had more time day 1 I woulda maybe made that elimination happen. People who appear as LHF aren't immune to elimination just because they feel like easy targets if we're wrong. Because we're not always wrong. PoEing things and just...finding posts that feel really wolfy helped last time for me though. Anyways like I feel like Misty has put forth perhaps more effort than anyone else so far and as uneasy as I am by this statement and that they seem a bit like...leadery/controlling in a tonal way the times that they've sounded like that I think I agree with for the mooost part.
I'm not really trying to be a leader or control the thread. I don't know what I'm doing with any of this. :s Like I said to Betsy, I'm just trying to put content out there.

I'm not saying wolves can't be LHF, but and I think I tried explaining it to Sheep but I'm probably not explaining myself too well with this so let me try to phrase it another way. And this is the second time you've said 'I don't want to eliminate LHF' and I don't remember saying that exactly. I think it was from my Sheep convo, but when I said 'try to avoid LHF townies' I didn't mean that we should avoid voting for LHF - if someone has like two posts and they're the two most anti-town things in the thread, then yeet away I say - I was moreso being idealistic about not wanting townies to let themselves become LHF. Because if you want to bring up last game, the LHF mafia (Koopa) didn't even end up getting pushed at LYLO because Catharina was even more low-hanging and she ended up being town.

Alright so this is something that I've been silently thinking about since yesterday and I've not seen brought up (except for by Misty, sort of?).

Am I the only one who feels Betsy is way off here? Everything Betsy has done so far has felt extremely shallow and I'm trying not to tunnel here but the things she has done feel more like she's going through specific motions for the sake of it than actually trying to accomplish something with them.

The progression so far has been:
Learning about RVS -> Going for a RV -> Nothing coming of said RV due to Betsys actions -> RV on to Geoni now.

A part of why I think this whole RV thing seems very shallow and theatre-y to me is openly stating they're RVs before doing them. I feel if you were to gauge reactions with RVs you'd do it without saying it was one, right? It's almost on the side of over explaining things before doing them just to make sure everyone knows what you're doing.

... Also there's this. I found this inconsistent.

If anyone wants to talk me out of my tunnel, go for it. I need to know if I'm genuinely the only one who is seeing this. I know Misty/Geoni have both expressed liking Betsys tone, but I just cannot bring myself to agree. I'm posting this whole Betsy thing before I go over anything else going on in my head as I want input on this before EOD.
I don't think you're wrong for feeling that way. I did say I found the entire interaction weird. I found it weirder from droqen's end (because all droqen did with the re-entry was the RQS and the no elim question so Betsy didn't have much to push on without seeming push-y), but that could have been because I've been giving Betsy credit for her tone, which you don't agree with. I explained my logic that her walking through her moves in thread could indicate that she doesn't have anywhere else to do that privately or ask for feedback before making plays. I suppose it's possible that she's trying out a new strategy or that she has an inactive partner this game. I can see the merit in the points you've been making about do first, explain later, though.

I noticed that you found both Betsy and droqen suspicious in your reads list. What, then, did you think of my comment about the interaction not seeming rehearsed? Do you think it could be w/w improv?

^ Hmm... should I back off of Armadillo? Is this what a panicking Armadillo looks like?[/spoiler]
No, like Sheep said, Armadillo got very talkative, spewed town, and actually (possibly inadvertently) started throwing out coptells EoD which saved her from the miselim but ultimately got her nightkilled. Granted, we're not pushing her anywhere near as hard here as she got pushed in the August game.

So far I don’t know about really anything. I will try to get some real information.

I do feel like droqen is a little off, but I can’t figure out why.
Was there a particular post that made you feel this way, or is it just a general feeling? You could maybe ISO droqen (search this thread for posts by him using the search feature) to see if you can pinpoint the moment he started feeling off for you.

I’m scared of dieing in mafia and getting voted off as towny
Is this just a general fear, or do you feel like you're in the hot seat right now? I notice you agreed with Betsy's vote on droqen (although it appears it was just the push vote and she'd already moved her vote elsewhere), so I guess I'll echo the comment I made to Armadillo: what are your thoughts on droqen right now? What has he done that makes you think he'd be a good candidate for elimination today? I'd like you to sum it up in your own words, please, and not just refer to what others have said. It's okay if you agree with others, but I'd like your feelings on droqen's content.

I feel like casting the vote is more than minimum effort... There were lots of people not casting any votes at all, and many others commenting (in worried tones) about how nobody is the type to cast the first stone.

But is it AI at all though? If it was universally going to be an accepted decision to make doesn't the lack of follow up (aka the part where a wolf can mess up) matter more?

Just gonna go back and answer a few questions/concerns. I like how many posts there've been since I logged off last night, but all this reading and analyzing is gonna keep me busy until the end of the day and I want to interact with people more, esp the ones who had been awol before this so I guess I'll try to address anything addressed too me and anything else that really caught my attention.

Still null on her at this point. Back to being a true null. She said a couple of good things and I liked the seemingly-genuine emotion, but the early-day brownie points she got from me for seeming engaged with being town have evaporated at this point as she's given us no further content to go on. Anybody can talk the talk and say they're town, but you've gotta walk the walk and try to solve if you want people to believe that claim. After several people were willing to take the claim at face value, I don't see a reason to retreat to wolf chat and camp out there to avoid the thread, so I'd be inclined to think her absence is irl-related (so NAI).

I'm not really trying to be a leader or control the thread. I don't know what I'm doing with any of this. :s Like I said to Betsy, I'm just trying to put content out there.

I'm not saying wolves can't be LHF, but and I think I tried explaining it to Sheep but I'm probably not explaining myself too well with this so let me try to phrase it another way. And this is the second time you've said 'I don't want to eliminate LHF' and I don't remember saying that exactly. I think it was from my Sheep convo, but when I said 'try to avoid LHF townies' I didn't mean that we should avoid voting for LHF - if someone has like two posts and they're the two most anti-town things in the thread, then yeet away I say - I was moreso being idealistic about not wanting townies to let themselves become LHF. Because if you want to bring up last game, the LHF mafia (Koopa) didn't even end up getting pushed at LYLO because Catharina was even more low-hanging and she ended up being town.

I don't think you're wrong for feeling that way. I did say I found the entire interaction weird. I found it weirder from droqen's end (because all droqen did with the re-entry was the RQS and the no elim question so Betsy didn't have much to push on without seeming push-y), but that could have been because I've been giving Betsy credit for her tone, which you don't agree with. I explained my logic that her walking through her moves in thread could indicate that she doesn't have anywhere else to do that privately or ask for feedback before making plays. I suppose it's possible that she's trying out a new strategy or that she has an inactive partner this game. I can see the merit in the points you've been making about do first, explain later, though.

I noticed that you found both Betsy and droqen suspicious in your reads list. What, then, did you think of my comment about the interaction not seeming rehearsed? Do you think it could be w/w improv?

No, like Sheep said, Armadillo got very talkative, spewed town, and actually (possibly inadvertently) started throwing out coptells EoD which saved her from the miselim but ultimately got her nightkilled. Granted, we're not pushing her anywhere near as hard here as she got pushed in the August game.

Was there a particular post that made you feel this way, or is it just a general feeling? You could maybe ISO droqen (search this thread for posts by him using the search feature) to see if you can pinpoint the moment he started feeling off for you.

Is this just a general fear, or do you feel like you're in the hot seat right now? I notice you agreed with Betsy's vote on droqen (although it appears it was just the push vote and she'd already moved her vote elsewhere), so I guess I'll echo the comment I made to Armadillo: what are your thoughts on droqen right now? What has he done that makes you think he'd be a good candidate for elimination today? I'd like you to sum it up in your own words, please, and not just refer to what others have said. It's okay if you agree with others, but I'd like your feelings on droqen's content.
You are a huuuuuuuuuggggge notetaker so in my book she is town

Clarifying; I don't mean you haven't done anything (ie. waking up Droqen), it's just the actions themselves have felt empty to me. Yes you did get Droqen to start talking again, but that wasn't so much due to you saying anything about it. Misty already touched on this I believe, but you didn't actually talk to Droqen after the RV. You just did the minimum effort of casting the vote with no follow up.

The Droqen RV also comes off as empty to me due to the fact it came immediately after Misty gave you a small townread for considering RV. It feels way less like it was your town based decision and way more like you're gaining something else from it, especially since an announced RV is ehh. RV'ing Droqen also isn't exactly a risky thing to do either from a wolf point of view. Him being more silent than before wasn't exactly a secret. If you are wolf and your RV went ignored that would have been an easy wagon, if you got Droqen to speak again then well, you don't lose much. Especially when you then didn't even interact with him when he awakened from his slumber.

The geoni RV I was unaware of being based on a joke from the last game, thank you for clearing that up.

I'll try to come out of my tunnel and go take a second look at your questioning because I seem to recall it mainly circling around you being called out for lack of follow up. (+ then contradicting yourself)

I have already addressed Misty's question re not following up.

I don't believe I contradicted myself at all, but if you think I have, please give specific examples so I can address it.

Funny you ask about my thoughts on the interaction as I've been stewing on that all day. As response I have a post I was going to make any way since I wanted it out there in case I croak and no-one else mentions it later.

I think I mellowed out a lot when my Damniel paranoia turned out to be pure paranoia. I still haven't totally recovered from that. Was more eager last game to throw shade d1, this time I'm taking some notes but a bit afraid to really make any strong claims. I'll get over it as things progress -- as facts pile up, and as possibilities dwindle. @Miss Misty commented that "Betsy's moves seem less calculated than last time" and I can't help but see a similar sort of pattern. Both our second games without a lot of recovery time between. Seems likely that our play styles will change after having the experiences that we did.

This was posted after the interaction was pretty widely read as not w/w. I may be reading too much in to this but this seems like digging your heels in and reinforcing the thought that it can't be w/w by comparing yourself directly to your wolf partner. It's possible I'm wrong on this, but I absolutely wanted my thoughts on this out if one of the two flips wolf and I die. I don't want that one interaction to be all it takes to close out a Betsy/Droqen team.

So yes, I think it could be w/w improv. Would I bet my life on a Betsy/Droqen team right now? No.

You are a huuuuuuuuuggggge notetaker so in my book she is town
I mean I am town so thank you, but in general in mafia quality > quantity. Sometimes quality can be quantity, but quantity alone isn't always quality. You've got to look at the content.

Speaking of which, do you have any thoughts about the question I asked in that wall, or are you still formulating an answer?
Funny you ask about my thoughts on the interaction as I've been stewing on that all day. As response I have a post I was going to make any way since I wanted it out there in case I croak and no-one else mentions it later.

This was posted after the interaction was pretty widely read as not w/w. I may be reading too much in to this but this seems like digging your heels in and reinforcing the thought that it can't be w/w by comparing yourself directly to your wolf partner. It's possible I'm wrong on this, but I absolutely wanted my thoughts on this out if one of the two flips wolf and I die. I don't want that one interaction to be all it takes to close out a Betsy/Droqen team.

So yes, I think it could be w/w improv. Would I bet my life on a Betsy/Droqen team right now? No.
Thanks for your thoughts. I've never been on a wolf team, so maybe I'm putting too much stock into how much interaction planning goes on in a wolf chat.

I do agree that that positive comparison you bolded was weird to put into the thread since 'not w/w' still has the obvious connotation of 'it could be t/w in either direction' and, like you said, the timing of it seemed to be trying to agree with the 'not w/w' sentiment that was prevailing at the time despite droqen being a part of it.

Like sheep said I am not an experienced player and I am trying my best to figure this out, but I think for now I will be waiting for d2 to actually decide some things, am taking notes just see what happens though.

Also is there a voting thread or do we just vote here?

Like sheep said I am not an experienced player and I am trying my best to figure this out, but I think for now I will be waiting for d2 to actually decide some things, am taking notes just see what happens though.

Also is there a voting thread or do we just vote here?
Voting Thread

Um I don't want to bring up bad memories, but talk like that was what got you NKed because you were suspected of being the cop. What is it about d2 that you find more appealing than d1? Are you just waiting to see what the voting wagons look like when the dust settles, or are you waiting for the nightkill or what? Because we know the NK is going to be town. And for the daykill there's still time to vote and you have just as much of a say as any of us in how that goes if you think we're not looking in the right directions.

I also have directly questioned some on wolf/town status, and noted their reactions (or lack of response at all), and followed up on questioning things that seemed off to me in order to clarify.

I'm sorry but can you quote the posts where you've been doing questioning regarding things that are off or w/t status ones? All I'm finding are you asking people if they're wolfing and that's... not enough for me to see you as doing more than hollow actions.

Regarding contradictions I believe you can find it in my initial post regarding the tunnel I have. I think you skipped those?

Back