• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

Betsy: I like that you're throwing out a specific theory, but.. is there any particular logic that leads you to believe there's definitely "a wolf in these three," or are all three of us just "the most suspicious, so it's likely that one of them is a wolf"? Sorry if I've missed anything in your post that would answer my question.

Oh, no. This is me being you from last game! :LOL:
I have a gut feeling that at least one mafia would be somewhat involved in pushing a town elim. I don't think they'd be completely absent/inactive. As bianca/geoni seem too town, and lots of players inactive, it would have to be 1 wolf in the most active players, especially at eod. But I could be completely wrong! It's really hard from this side of the fence, btw.

Question- is there an observers chat, like in quick topic, that the dead folks can go to after being chopped. Have a feeling I'm gonna need that room... and if I die, I'd like to continue watching the game and seeing how it goes.

Right now all I've got in terms of major interactions:

The Misty X Tessa Interaction ("are you town?" "yes"), which Geoni, Bianca, Sheep, and Misty herself all analyzed. No conclusions to draw from that, really. Seems like pretty frivolous RQS activity.

I'm at the center of Betsy voting droqen, and the resulting discourse (with Misty and Sheep). I'm trying hard! I think Betsy X Misty had a nice interaction where they were trying to work things out between each other; Betsy X Sheep are going at it. The vote for droqen seemed like the spark the game needed to get started, but aside from that it seems like Betsy was not making a serious claim that I was wolf.

There is a lot of sussing on me, which ... actually, I'll take a look at. Who started it? Who jumped on the wagon, and how much of that was actually legitimate interest and how much could have been motivated by an easy wagon?

And then we have a few low-content players who I'm not sure what to think about. I like Armadillo's answer a bit; Ghost's confusion seems legitimate but is a bit frustrating to work with; and Tessa still isn't around. I think she sorta said she wouldn't be around, which is a good thing to let us know but... still...
Post automatically merged:

Going to look at 'the droqen wagon' for the next little bit. I strongly doubt it will change my vote, this is more for D2.x

What are your thoughts on the post of droqen's that Sheep quoted and bolded earlier where droqen directly and kinda positively compared himself to you in the wake of people discussing the RV sequence as not being w/w?

Let me go find those.

Right now all I've got in terms of major interactions:

The Misty X Tessa Interaction ("are you town?" "yes"), which Geoni, Bianca, Sheep, and Misty herself all analyzed. No conclusions to draw from that, really. Seems like pretty frivolous RQS activity.

I'm at the center of Betsy voting droqen, and the resulting discourse (with Misty and Sheep). I'm trying hard! I think Betsy X Misty had a nice interaction where they were trying to work things out between each other; Betsy X Sheep are going at it. The vote for droqen seemed like the spark the game needed to get started, but aside from that it seems like Betsy was not making a serious claim that I was wolf.

There is a lot of sussing on me, which ... actually, I'll take a look at. Who started it? Who jumped on the wagon, and how much of that was actually legitimate interest and how much could have been motivated by an easy wagon?

And then we have a few low-content players who I'm not sure what to think about. I like Armadillo's answer a bit; Ghost's confusion seems legitimate but is a bit frustrating to work with; and Tessa still isn't around. I think she sorta said she wouldn't be around, which is a good thing to let us know but... still...

Going to look at 'the droqen wagon' for the next little bit. I strongly doubt it will change my vote, this is more for D2.x

I started it, I think. With the vote....but I think your posts since then are more town. I think ghost was unsure and jumped on, but by then I'd already unvoted you.

Okay so I'm just getting up, feel like I'm dying as per usual. IRL at least. Votes look very very spread out at the moment. I think I said for myself I'm willing to go on Armadillo/Tessa/Ghost/droqen. Betsy is saying Misty/droqen/sheep.

Ghost and Armadillo both just plain old don't seem caught up and seem lost? Ghost is voting droqen though so there's at least some sort of argument I'd like to see him make there, I haven't really been thrilled with droqen either. Tessa just never game back with what was promised and has one of the more vocal players in the game townreading her (kinda) which concerns me.

Bianca and Tessa just feel...gone, like they may even miss EoD at this rate. I'm gonna vote Tessa. This is in part a placeholder and in part a real vote for being super lurky. I just...don't feel great about it either. Someone posting more frequently here has got to be a wolf.

Day ends at 3:30 right? We've only got a few more minutes.

Was there a particular post that made you feel this way, or is it just a general feeling? You could maybe ISO droqen (search this thread for posts by him using the search feature) to see if you can pinpoint the moment he started feeling off for you.

Armadillo never responded to this, not even to say "I dunno"?

Oh no @Geoni are you serious? I thought it was 4PM EST

Can everyone say three people they are willing to vote so we can see where compromises can be made and get some actual cohesion?

Armadillo never responded to this, not even to say "I dunno"?

Oh no @Geoni are you serious? I thought it was 4PM EST

Is it? I have to be somewhere at exactly 4. v_v

@tessa. I just voted you and made you top wagon at two votes!

I feel really bad about sussing Armadillo right now because this is too similar to b100ming sus from last game T_T

I'm just going to post my droqen wagon iso stuff. Not sure what to make of it.

59. Betsy votes droqen: inactivity
61. Sheep questions droqen, "shouldn't you know this?" (vaguely negative wording) (focal point of post)
65. Misty, "I feel something" re: droqen's re-entrance. (vaguely negative wording) (major secondary content of post)
73. Misty to droqen: year that's fair...
74. Betsy: Misty, you're mischaracterizing droqen, and that's sus
80. Misty: droqen x betsy are 'organically stilted', so likely not w/w
86. Bianca: Droqen 'came across as sus', but defuses it
94. Geoni: Droqen's excuse "denied" (minor)
105. Sheep finds me dubious, finds Betsy dubious-er. Seems consistent with past and future posts.

I think Geoni's response is pretty innocent, at this point the wagon is not super hot and I don't think a wolf Geoni would have anything to gain from it. Misty talks with Betsy and it seems alright, but I suppose Misty's "I feel something" is a little noncommittal while still trying to make the wagon roll. Maybe I'm reading Sheep as sus too? for throwing shade at me strongly without just outright coming out and saying I'm wolfy?

@Sheep Villager general mafia rule of thumb for me is that people being contradictory, especially early on, is more of a towntell than a wolftell because wolves at the early stage are making sure they come off as consistent while it's still easy to do so because there's less to keep track of.

@BetsySundrop I just feel like you're OMGUSing Sheep's attack on you and saying you want to vote them over it?

Not happy with my top two going at it like this at EoD.

Sorry I am just not good at the game and I don’t get it.

Remember what I pointed out about your last game? You had a brief moment when you said you thought Ace was sus because of his tone. You were right and then died night 1 after Ace thought you were a PR. Who do you think sounds bad right now based on their tone alone?

Found it misty! If you were referring to post 137.
I think droqen was saying that I was less calculated than last game, and then sheep mentioned the w/w betsy/droqen team, etc.

I did dismiss that as a possibility because I know I'm flipping town, and I think droqen is reading more town since being jolted into more activity. At least from what I can see, droqen's activity now is more town.

But - going by active maf trying to influence eod, pfft...dro might be on the list. So frustrating....

Can everyone say three people they are willing to vote so we can see where compromises can be made and get some actual cohesion?

Ghost, Betsy, Droqen.

Ghost- because I see no interest in the game, no effort to answer anything. Comparing this to Armadillo, at least she is consistent with how I know her to be.

Betsy- Unresolved deathtunnel. At this point I'm starting to feel I need d2 on this if I'm to wagon Betsy. I have doubts about myself but also I can't shake the tunnel.

Droqen- Number two of my not LHF suspects. I touched on how I see him in my reads post. Not much has changed tbh, I'm not very content with much I've heard from him.

I feel really bad about sussing Armadillo right now because this is too similar to b100ming sus from last game T_T

61. Sheep questions droqen, "shouldn't you know this?" (vaguely negative wording) (focal point of post)
65. Misty, "I feel something" re: droqen's re-entrance. (vaguely negative wording) (major secondary content of post)
105. Sheep finds me dubious, finds Betsy dubious-er. Seems consistent with past and future posts.

I think Geoni's response is pretty innocent, at this point the wagon is not super hot and I don't think a wolf Geoni would have anything to gain from it. Misty talks with Betsy and it seems alright, but I suppose Misty's "I feel something" is a little noncommittal while still trying to make the wagon roll. Maybe I'm reading Sheep as sus too? for throwing shade at me strongly without just outright coming out and saying I'm wolfy?

Lol on 74. I thought misty was mischaracterizing me, not dro. That explains some of my previous confusion.

Lol on 74. I thought misty was mischaracterizing me, not dro. That explains some of my previous confusion.
Ohh my bad. Maybe I need to go back and re-read that.

Hmm. I forgot I actually switched to Tessa in the voting thread. (You can see in my earlier posts that I said "I'm going to switch back to Armadillo lover from Tessa".) I'm still super on the fence. I agree with what @Sheep Villager is saying about Ghost - what about Tessa though?

I'm still at Sheep town because of some of the reasons I outlined earlier but from your point of view I can understand why you do find Sheep sus because you feel like someone is trying to build up doubt around you without actually making your wagon happen. It's not like I wouldn't get on your wagon just because it's not 'hot' right now because when I voted everyone with a vote had only one vote on them so I'm not sure why you're saying I'm innocent on that alone? Trying to understand the logic for why that makes you feel good about me here.

My three I would vote today based on everything, if i include inactives?

Sheep, misty, and one of inactive armadillo, ghost (sorry!), tessa.

Ohh my bad. Maybe I need to go back and re-read that.

Hmm. I forgot I actually switched to Tessa in the voting thread. (You can see in my earlier posts that I said "I'm going to switch back to Armadillo lover from Tessa".) I'm still super on the fence. I agree with what @Sheep Villager is saying about Ghost - what about Tessa though?

Tessa I think I will be able to read if she shows up d2... or she gets replaced/modkilled.
Ghost I've at this point accepted is unreadable if he has 0 interest in answering questions or doing much of anything besides being here.

@Geoni Why Tessa? Is it related to the fact that I already voted Tessa?

No. I feel like I'm just swinging at someone committing but just barely committing to the game that I would also expect to commit compared to say...Ghost and Armadillo because they're seeming a little more lost and it's hard to tell because of their newness. Blah.

trying to build up doubt around you without actually making your wagon happen
When I see this kinda thing it makes me wonder if it's a wolfy urge to push a wagon without being blamed for it down the line.

On top of that Sheep does not seem shy about clearly stating who is sus and why, so it's not a pattern of behaviour (i.e. someone who never directly attacks)

To be clear, I think that Misty and you (Geoni) have both participated in a similar activity, it's not just Sheep.

When I see this kinda thing it makes me wonder if it's a wolfy urge to push a wagon without being blamed for it down the line.

On top of that Sheep does not seem shy about clearly stating who is sus and why, so it's not a pattern of behaviour (i.e. someone who never directly attacks)

To be clear, I think that Misty and you (Geoni) have both participated in a similar activity, it's not just Sheep.

The fan nickname for what you just quoted from me is 'planting seeds of doubt' which...often is something wolves do if it's really repetitive.

Tessa I think I will be able to read if she shows up d2... or she gets replaced/modkilled.
Ghost I've at this point accepted is unreadable if he has 0 interest in answering questions or doing much of anything besides being here.

Kinda with you here. It sucks but it is what it is. I'm more here than I am with Geoni:

No. I feel like I'm just swinging at someone committing but just barely committing to the game that I would also expect to commit compared to say...Ghost and Armadillo because they're seeming a little more lost and it's hard to tell because of their newness. Blah.

If we're going to elim someone based on low activity I'd rather it be someone whose activity level I expect won't get better.

That said, I feel like Armadillo is similarly hard to see improving based on somewhat resigned posts about mafia being too hard? Not answering direct questions?

Back