• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

Voting Thread

Um I don't want to bring up bad memories, but talk like that was what got you NKed because you were suspected of being the cop. What is it about d2 that you find more appealing than d1? Are you just waiting to see what the voting wagons look like when the dust settles, or are you waiting for the nightkill or what? Because we know the NK is going to be town. And for the daykill there's still time to vote and you have just as much of a say as any of us in how that goes if you think we're not looking in the right directions.
My last game people thought I was hinting cop so that’s probably why I got NK. Also because I wa snow people thought I was just being suspicious.
Post automatically merged:

A handful of times. She claimed town, talked a little about meta, and promised thoughts later™ which haven't come yet.
Ok

My last game people thought I was hinting cop so that’s probably why I got NK. Also because I wa snow people thought I was just being suspicious.
I don't think anyone finds you overly suspicious at the moment, at least compared to other people. I'm a little frustrated because you're not telling me what information you think will crack the game wide open tomorrow that we can't figure out today, but I don't want to vote you over it.

Actually sorry I think I misread that, did you mean you felt that people found you suspicious last game?

the timing of it seemed to be trying to agree with the 'not w/w' sentiment that was prevailing at the time despite droqen being a part of it.
& @Sheep Villager My post was more about seeing a kinship w/ Betsy than meant to be jumping on a 'not w/w' wagon (was a Betsy/droqen w/w even in the cards at that point?)

it's actually weird to feel a kinship with betsy since she betrayed me!! lol. but you can see the main reason i joined this game (rather than sitting out to recover) was because she egged me on in the other thread for a 'rematch'.

#64 feels a bit panicked. Wolf panic or town panic, I wonder.
I will say that last game I enjoyed like a week straight of being read as perfect towny by everyone the entire time (except a few posts in the early game), so being sussed is sort of a weird experience. Easier to think about being a third analytical party than it is to think about defending myself... Anyway, I've talked enough about my mindset. I will get back to some analysis over the next hour or so.

Last edited:
So on to my last reads. With my lack of experience and ginormous self doubt, I believe there is ONE wolf in this group: droqen, misty, sheep.

A quick side note on why I address things that seem off, or seem like mischaracterizations, or that I see very differently from another player. There are several reasons this can happen:
1) mafia attempting to create suspicion on an active player
2) mafia team working together to eliminate a specific player
3) I have failed to be clear in my communications and it needs clarification
4) I'm making what someone else (a more experienced player) considers a bad play and need to understand why it's a bad play so I can improve

By addressing everything that seems off, I can gather more information on possible wolves and improve my play.

On to the reads! I will be very surprised if ONE of the above is not a wolf. I am really hoping the cop has laid low because I really don't want to be the idiot that votes off the cop.

Droqen- as stated before, play style is (was) very different from last game when he was town. After an initial post, a complete lack of anything for quite a while. I cast an RVS vote for droqen based on that inactivity. I explained this at the time I cast my vote, as it was made very clear last game that unexplained: votes/vote changes/ or last minute votes were considered as sus (and rightly so, lol). Therefore, I gave my explanation for the vote. Droqen's answer and following posts took them off my 'gotta be a wolf' list. The timing of the nintendo direct and fear of going all in and ending up miseliminating town are good explanations.

Misty/sheep- 😑... this is where I am afraid of sussing the wrong person. Having seen not much from a few people, it would be really bad to eliminate a strong town. But it would also be really bad to ignore my suspicions and miss out on tagging a wolf. So...of the two, I would put sheep as more likely wolf, and this has only increased with today's activity. Initially, I thought it was a possible wolf pair of a strong player (misty) with an inactive player. So I nitpicked Misty's post, and questioned when even something small seemed off. (There wasnt a lot else to focus on, with the general inactivity in the thread at the time). Her responses made sense, cleared some things up for me, and I could see the point about the importance of putting my thoughts out there rather than collecting them all in my own brain.

Sheep- most likely to win my wolf vote today, (so far). I know things change quickly toward eod, and I'm still giving sheep time to specifically outline my contradictions so I can respond to them.

In a thread with general inactivity, I think I have been rather active, and for my first town game I think I'm doing ok at questioning things, trying to find answers. I had good reasons for my questions, and for my vote, and I have tried to respond to all questions/concerns re myself.
I also have difficulty with people painting wolf because something is 'off'. Give specifics, get responses, go from there. It's the only way to really figure things out. If someone asks for specifics, give specifics, don't deflect. If you don't give specific details, if you deflect, then it appears to be mafia tunneling rather than a true interest to determine alignment.

On all of this- I could be wrong. I do not know everyone's play styles and have very little experience, so I can only give my perspective.

I don't think anyone finds you overly suspicious at the moment, at least compared to other people. I'm a little frustrated because you're not telling me what information you think will crack the game wide open tomorrow that we can't figure out today, but I don't want to vote you over it.

Actually sorry I think I misread that, did you mean you felt that people found you suspicious last game?
Yes that’s what I meant.

@BetsySundrop

Actually, in droqen's response (hours after my vote), he posed a direct question ("a quick q") about no elim/elim d1 and the cop involvement.

As it had already been covered, I summed up the consensus in a very brief answer.

I did not take an opportunity to 'push' anything, and I did not 'kinda talk' some more on it. It was a direct question, brief answer.

Lookin a bit wolfy there with that mischaracterization....

Why did you not talk about anything else but the mechanics question if you wanted to reaction test? Mechanics questions don't provide any information.

Right, I answered a direct question, which is very different from just kinda talking. That was odd to see because I believe I was very direct in answering a specific question. And when I see something that seems odd to me, I follow up on it.

As for the response itself as a whole from droqen, I filed it away in the "hmmmm..." category, which means I am not sure where to put it, null/sus/town, so will be waiting to see more ( looking for more rxns, postings, etc) to get a better picture.

If you follow up on odd things why did you not push droqen at all if he was in the hmmmm category?

That makes sense. I get it. I guess I should post more of my thoughts/reactions instead of keeping it all in my head. But I'm also pushing for reactions because I'm hoping to either a) get a very obvious reaction /lack of reaction that I can use to read someone, or b) I'm hoping better players can get something useful out of them that I would miss and then follow up on it.

From this side of things, I think I could be very good at stirring the pot, but very bad at figuring out what to do with what comes from the stirring.

Where is this reaction pushing you say you're doing? You let Droqen off entirely with your RV. I see you question Misty once, but it all feels more defensive than anything.

And if you say you follow up on things then how are you at the same time having issues with not posting enough of your thoughts? That feels contradictory.

In case you missed my earlier post; Can you quote your own posts where you're doing questioning or reaction pushing? I cannot find them and I'm going to need to if you're town and I'm tunneling the wrong person now. I'm 100% aware of my own deathtunnel tendencies and I've only ever been right with them once which is why I need more content.

I'm sorry but can you quote the posts where you've been doing questioning regarding things that are off or w/t status ones? All I'm finding are you asking people if they're wolfing and that's... not enough for me to see you as doing more than hollow actions.

Regarding contradictions I believe you can find it in my initial post regarding the tunnel I have. I think you skipped those?

I had already answered those questions previously in earlier posts, in a discussion with misty, before you posted the tunnel post. This is why I started being sus of you. It was already covered.

To recap one point- I voted droqen for inactivity. Droqen explained inactivity, and at that time I thought meh, we'll see, so I had no definitive clarification of alignment from that one post, so nothing important to say regarding it. (But activity since that point has dro more town for me now, as it matches last game town dro, and I'm glad he's more active now).

Also explained the geoni vote was humor (ish).

I explained my vote before casting because I think votes should come with an explanation (last game lesson learned).

And for activity, I really don't see my activity as "hollow actions", because I really do want to solve this and yeet the right person, so I don't know how to help you there?

I had already answered those questions previously in earlier posts, in a discussion with misty, before you posted the tunnel post. This is why I started being sus of you. It was already covered.

To recap one point- I voted droqen for inactivity. Droqen explained inactivity, and at that time I thought meh, we'll see, so I had no definitive clarification of alignment from that one post, so nothing important to say regarding it. (But activity since that point has dro more town for me now, as it matches last game town dro, and I'm glad he's more active now).

Also explained the geoni vote was humor (ish).

I explained my vote before casting because I think votes should come with an explanation (last game lesson learned).

And for activity, I really don't see my activity as "hollow actions", because I really do want to solve this and yeet the right person, so I don't know how to help you there?

Alright, so the Droqen thing wasn't searching for anything suspicious at all then? Just trying to get activity?
So you were content with skipping past any other oddities as long as you got a message of some sort...? Am I understanding this right.

Alright, so the Droqen thing wasn't searching for anything suspicious at all then? Just trying to get activity?
So you were content with skipping past any other oddities as long as you got a message of some sort...? Am I understanding this right.

No. That is not right. Give me a sec to type (with my stylus on my phone dang it).

No. That is not right. Give me a sec to type (with my stylus on my phone dang it).

Take your time, I have to run afk for a moment but I'll be back. I do want to get some clarity on this tunnel before EOD voting rolls around.

Also this one goes out to everyone else currently in this thread: Please talk. Ghost has avoided all questions, we're nearing EOD and there's way more that needs to be talked about than just watching me and Betsy go at it.

The droqen thing wasn't searching to find anything suspicious, it was a vote because droqen's inactivity was already suspicious. I had just finished in a previous post that in last game as wolf, the spotlight was uncomfortable. So I figured I'd spotlight someone I thought was sus. I focused on inactive players because everyone active was already answering questions. The only one I had experience playing with who was very different in this game was droqen.

I cast the dro vote, explained why, and didnt come back on until later. Droqen's response could go either way, was it shock the wolf awake, or town focused on other things irl and brought back to the game. So I had no definitive reaction on that. Droqen did ask a specific question, and I alwYs try to answer direct questions (unless I dont know the answer).

The inactivity was the biggest oddity for me with droqen. In other posts since, he's pretty consistent with his town play from last games.

I've nitpicked misty, questioned a couple other players, but nobody else was being active, and the ones that were read town to me (geoni, bianca).

I believe there is ONE wolf in this group: droqen, misty, sheep.

Betsy: I like that you're throwing out a specific theory, but.. is there any particular logic that leads you to believe there's definitely "a wolf in these three," or are all three of us just "the most suspicious, so it's likely that one of them is a wolf"? Sorry if I've missed anything in your post that would answer my question.

Haha @Armadillo lover I'm kinda on the same page... honestly I think all the logicking D1 is too much for me. Last game as people got eliminated things made much more sense to me because it was 5 people with 20 potential mafia pairs to think about instead of 9 people with 72 potential mafia pairs. So coming back into a big D1 like this, my logic-brain is struggling to keep up.

The inactivity was the biggest oddity for me with droqen. In other posts since, he's pretty consistent with his town play from last games.
What are your thoughts on the post of droqen's that Sheep quoted and bolded earlier where droqen directly and kinda positively compared himself to you in the wake of people discussing the RV sequence as not being w/w?

Back