Creature Feature

Your entry is missing the written portion requirement. Please edit your post with at least 3 sentences about your creature (for example, it's habitat, behavior or other characteristics), I'll then be able to accept your entry. Thank you!

A sparkly … tardigrade huh…

IMG_7164.jpeg
IMG_7191.jpeg

Need that steal option back 😂

OMG I was so disappointed the goose-millipede I submitted for a noun didn't show up last year. Looking forward to your entry!! 😂🎉
Oh that's really neat!

I didn't know the prompts from past events were suggestions by other members. That's fun! I must've been taking a break from the forum when that happened. If it was during the Halloween event last year, I skipped it and took like a 2-3 month hiatus because I wasn't really in the right headspace.

Moonlight.'s event entry:
  • kelpie.png
    kelpie.png
    836.6 KB · Views: 135
kelpie.png

The smiley kelpie is a creature that likes to reside in water.
It lures people in with its smile and quiet demeanor and then drags them to a waterlogged grave.
It has a grey and black-colored appearance and glowing blue eyes.

i tried lol, but it was very hard to not go overtly mlp-styled tbh..

Dim's event entry:
  • IMG_4483.jpeg
    IMG_4483.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 126
IMG_4483.jpeg

"Glowy Vegetable"

There's been a old legend of a great, mighty "Super Vegetable" throughout the universe. One day a carrot has achieved great power through training (and photosynthesis). He eventually become... the mighty Super Vegetable of legend. His leafy green hair turned yellow... and there was a magnificent glow surrounding him.

Chere.'s event entry:
  • Draconic Sea Bass-min copy.PNG
    Draconic Sea Bass-min copy.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 34
🐉 Draconic Sea Bass 🐟

These aquatic beasts are said to be an evolved form of a regular sea bass. However, the exact origin of these scaly creatures remains unknown... They are extremely agile swimmers which is quite useful for when they hunt. Their main diet consists of other fish, and regular sea bass are no exception. It is rare to find more than one draconic sea bass in the same area, as they are quite territorial and follow a solo lifestyle. These monsters tend to avoid humans if they can, however if you stumble into their territory, they are more than likely to attack you— so proceed with caution if you are venturing near their habitat.

Draconic-Sea-Bass-min.png

Process notes:
I honestly had so much fun designing this guy! I adore doing character design, and animals/creatures are what I feel I'm best at, so I was pretty excited to work with my prompt! I spent quite a few hours just sketching stuff to see what would work— trying to merge their features together, with the end goal of creating a balanced design that would show a clear hybrid. An earlier version I had of this creature had four legs, but I found that it was looking a little too much like a dragon and not enough fish, so I opted to go with just two legs in the end. Funnily enough, drawing dragons is like second nature to me so I went with my imagination for that half (thanking my kid self for being weirdly obsessed with dragons which never fully died as I got older), but I definitely needed a handful of sea bass images to use as reference. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see how many of their features merged well with dragon-like features— mainly their fins, face shape, and eyes. :>

Other fun facts I came up with for the Draconic Sea Bass:
- Their lifespan is extended to up to 200+ years (regular sea bass can live up to 25 years)
- They have different stages of evolution. The one I drew is in a pretty advanced state, though some of their fins can get even bigger, especially the ones on their back which can look somewhat "wing-like" and grant them a gliding effect similar to flying fish
- The two horns on their head can vary in shape and size, and some can have more than two

References:

IMG_8541.jpeg
IMG_8542.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg
IMG_8543.jpeg

My actual entry to check off the "entry" box. I had to compress the heck out of this so the quality is pretty bad... hopefully it was okay to yeet this one into a spoiler dkgkdfgkf.

Draconic Sea Bass-min copy.PNG

KittenNoir's event entry:
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 82
Molten Frog

IMG_0437.jpg

The Molten frog is a creature found in extreme hot areas.

The creature is made out of glass and is able to be liquefied by heat.

The frog uses this to it's advantage to attack unsuspecting victims.

Transforming into a liquefied version to sneakily follow its pray and attack last second.

Yanrima~'s event entry:
  • CreatureFeatureEntry2.png
    CreatureFeatureEntry2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 71
Grumpy Turnip-Person
A well-known mythical being from a famous folktale that is used to scare children in the old days. This mythical creature is said to live in the forest depths and can easily mistaken for an ordinary turnip. They live in dug up holes and punish people who intrudes on his home or misbehaves on a daily basis. Legends say that if you give him a rotten turnip, he will grant you a single wish or give you miracle turnip seeds.
CreatureFeatureEntry2.png
Originally, this drawing is supposed to be a subtle April Fool's reference (the NFTurnip one) only for me to scrap the original concept and went for an old folklore approach. Loosely inspired by old folklore and the old book illustrations of magical vegetables or non living things with human-like faces.

roseflower's event entry:
  • 742299.jpeg
    742299.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
of8FDhm.jpeg

Sarcastic Idol

The Sarcastic Idol is an ancient creature that is worshipped by humans. It is actually a very rare animal that has a glowy golden fur and you have to be really lucky to be able to lay an eye on it! Thus humans started to venerate it because they thought it would bring luck, wealth and happiness, but rather it has a sarcastic temper and just likes to keep to itself.​

For inspiration, I searched up "Idol" and found images of ancient clay figurines that were used as cult idols, especially here!

Attachments

• 742299.jpeg
    742299.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
daisyflowers's event entry:
  • IMG_3868.jpeg
    IMG_3868.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
the eerie manticore

the eerie manticore rears its legs to select its next target. when it captures the victim, they are consumed in one gulp. their face, moments before being mauled, is mirrored on to that of the beast.

IMG_3868.jpeg

1729874592177.jpeg

Back