• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Cryptid Creek (Melon Ballers and Poliwags Cabins)

79FA0989-D694-4AE3-AA80-16BF2CCC70BA.jpeg

Name: The Klown of Kokonut

Behaviors: wailing, walking, being possessed, staring blankly into your soul
Size: 4’11”
Habitat: Spooky Dooky Forest

Expedition Notes: I nearly came face to face with the ghoul as I was crouching behind a bush to take care of “business”, when I looked up to see the Klown levitating off the ground in a most frightening possession! I dared not defecate as the smell would have given away my position. I clenched hard as I waited for the Klown to walk away, which eventually it did, wailing ghoulishly as it disappeared back into the forest.

C0FCBD26-23D8-4401-8CDF-5DD649197F0D.jpeg

💙

Screenshot:
3351D00B-6228-4065-8567-1CD523E5008D.jpeg

Name: Snow Fairy
Behaviors: timid and very elusive
Size: 3ft
Habitat: deep within frozen forests
Expedition Notes: On the fifth day of my expedition I was deep within the frozen forest when I started to hear something ahead. I slowly started to move forwards and eventually I stumbled across something I never expected to see. I watched the cryptid perform what I assume was a spell on a nearby butterfly, and it turned blue! I was so amazed that I stepped forward and accidentally stood on a twig, which unfortunately scared off the cryptid
88BDA81D-50B5-4F60-8F97-9350F2FF15C9.jpeg

6D9E81FE-8976-425C-8A3B-36B26B1EE7E1.png

Name: The Kraken
Behaviors: Likes shiny treasure
Size: 50 ft
Habitat: Deep in the trenches of the ocean
Expedition Notes: After a long day of sailing, I heard some splashing off the starboard bow. A huge slimy tentacle was exploring the side of my craft. Then, it's awful head came rearing out of the deep waters! I took one glance at those rows of spiky teeth and medusa-like arms, and I steered my boat far away as fast as I could!

4FA18EFA-B3CD-4C14-A489-F4655831E477.png

2021082517454100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: Basement Dweller
Behaviors: stealing stuff from upstairs, leaving a mess
Size: 5 ft
Habitat: Basements
Expedition Notes: My laptop and the Poliwag's dishes started going missing so I went to look in the abandoned basement where I was greeted with a foul stench. After further examination it seemed to look like a dog who hadn't been bathed in years and was living off of our trash and sleeping on boxes that never got unpacked. I have no intentions of making contact with the thief as he stunk so bad I had to wear a mask. Beware of the basement Poliwags!
2021082517485400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

IMG-4794.JPG

Name: The Golden Clay
Behaviours: Hoards gold, eats gold, worships gold
Size: 1 m
Habitat: Jungle (on the Floating Island of Ruined Golds)

Expedition Notes:
Upon venturing a what seemed to be abandoned temple, I was pulled into a strange room and witnessed the legendary, bronze coloured, fuzzy creature caressing a dozen gold bars as though they were its newborns. This was short-lived, as its expression swiftly changed when I tumbled face-first before it. Realizing I had disturbed its gold petting session, I offered a pouch of bells and an apple to try and ease its wrath, but I only angered it further. Not wanting to be fed to sharks, I dashed towards the only exit I saw (i.e., a crack into the sky). Lesson learned, the only thing that it loves: gold.
IMG-4804.JPG
Disclaimer: Custom designs used are not my own.
Patterns:
  • Shark in the water: MA-2241-3103-7593
  • Floating cliffs, skull, and rocks: MA-8106-9516-3993
  • Crack into the sky: MA-1502-0868-4113
  • Blood stain under barrel: MA-8008-8020-7436
  • Sparkle under iron nugget: MA-2614-2734-1310
  • Sparkle under gold nugget: Cannot find anymore
  • Pattern under gold bars: MA-6523-6032-4617
Clothes:
  • Adventurer jacket: MA-2019-5418-4391 (Rito Snowquill Jacket)

E9apZlcVkAM-4jJ.png

Name: The Pretend-a-Bear
Behaviors: They like to ‘pretend’ which is where they got their name. They usually pretend to be a bear cub so as to not threaten their prey and will pretend to be non-aggressive until in target-able range.
Size: 4 ft tall
Habitat: Flower Forests
Expedition Notes: I was just going out into the wild on one of my normal 'creature hunts'. I had just spotted a rare chumby snapper, or as they're commonly known, a snapping turtle! While I was enjoying it's very snappy and angry personality I began to feel like I was being stared at... And that's when I saw her! A rare pretend-a-bear! One can barely tell she isn't an actual bear cub.. If it weren't for her bright colored fur and her strangely hypnotizing sparkly large eyes....

Island Map Proof:
E9apZlbUcAY-m92.png

Last edited:
2021082301125800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: Flying Penguin
Behaviors: Friendly, eager, dreams of traveling the world
Size: ~3 ft tall
Habitat: The Arctic
Expedition Notes: After days spent traversing through a remote icescape, I noticed a mysterious figure in the distance. As I inched closer I began to hear a faint buzz. Through the glow of campfire the figure revealed itself to be a penguin, dressed in flight gear and standing under a helicopter. He seemed excited to be spotted! In our encounter he told me he's spent years practicing flying, hoping to one day leave his arctic domain and prove to everyone that flying penguins do exist.
2021082301510300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

E9azMrmUcAElyyU

Name: The wolf in human's clothing
Behaviors: Howling once the moon comes out, chasing and fighting those who dare to come near it
Size: 5'7 while on its hind legs
Habitat: On the top of a cliff
Expedition Notes: Every night, you can hear this wolf howling as loud as it possibly can once the moon reveals itself, no one knows why. However, no one dares to find out because of how menacing this wolf is said to be. Some people are said to never come back the same, or they might just disappear.... never to be found again. However, I managed to get lucky and avoid making any contact with this beast. Despite that, I still managed to feel scared and vulnerable due to the presence of this unique wolf. I don't plan on setting off on this journey again, just like any smart person would.

E9azMsIUcAQsEcl

E9bGQEdUcAQwJ4d

Name: Misery's Empress
Behaviors: Endlessly stares into souls, spawns familiars in the form of crawling creatures
Size: 8-10 ft
Habitat: Dungeons of Eternal Ash
Notes:
Throughout many trials, I have finally brought forth a small daemon of shadow. This spell not only requires the abyss of the night but a waning crescent moon, and the eyes of a goliath beetle. Only one with pure spirit brave enough to face the darkness without fear may summon this blight unto the plane. Be careful, wanderers, avoid remaining in the beast's soulless gaze.
Spell incantation: Claws of the billowing earth dragon; hearken to our demand of scorching ember!

E9bGQE3VUAQa1dJ

E9bLJY5VIAEGon4.jpg

Name: Sleeping Blue Squirrel
Behaviors: Sleeping
Size: 2ft
Habitat: Forest
Expedition Notes: After searching all night and day, I finally found the Blue Squirrel's... house? I thought it was strange there had only been a few sightings seeing as she is bright blue, but it makes sense now I know she lives in a tiny, hidden den and spends most of her time asleep. I snuck in and took a photo as quietly as I could, she was still snoring when I left so it seems I didn't wake her.
E9bQOldUcAEOgAy.jpg

image0.jpg

Name: Creatura ex Tacita Ambitione (Creature of Unexpressed Ambition)
Behaviors: Languid pacing, spontaneous outbursts resulting from lack of self acceptance
Size: 4'
Habitat: Mist-laden forests, chiefly at night

Expedition Notes:
If perchance while walking late one night,
you come across a man
musing, muttering, scathing life,
this might not be a man.

Who can crack the code encrypted?
Until the very curse has lifted,
until a man can be himself,
though this man be smart and gifted,
he is nothing more than haunted cryptid.

You hear him say,

"To write the greatest etudes
I've made it my life's mission.
Yet all I have amounted to
is unexpressed ambition."

E9bKZ49VcAAKhXa

Screenshot:
20210822_235103.jpg

Name: Lava Cavern Wolf
Behaviors: Hides in lava caverns, actually incredibly shy for a wolf. When nobody is around, it plays "the floor is lava" (where it actually isn't), jumping from rock to rock.
Size: a little bit bigger than your average cavern rock ( = about 1,6 m)
Habitat: lava caverns
Expedition Notes: We succeeded! We actually found a Lava Cavern Wolf! But I only saw it for ten seconds, because it ran away immediately ... My expedition friend only managed to snap this one picture of me with the wolf... Still, we think that the expedition was a success! We noticed that the cavern was filled with lighthouse-like structures and wonder what's up with that? Do they have something to do with Lava Cavern Wolves? Further research is necessary... Unfortunately it got too hot and we had to leave after the picture...
Island Map (proof):
20210822_235105.jpg

Back